Hey guys, about a week or so ago, the handset stopped working on phone calls on my Verizon 9930. I would have to put the phone on speaker in order to hear the person on the other end. I just updated to the latest OS that was released yesterday (7.1.0.580) and the problem is still there. Can't remember what triggered the handset to stop working, as I didn't do anything different to the phone, or drop it, etc.

Any help as to what problem I'm having? Thanks.
    08-04-12 03:21 PM
    I should add whether receiving or making the call, it doesn't work either way. Also I've tried soft pulls (alt + upper case + del) but not a battery pull. Figured the OS update worked the same as a battery pull. Thanks again.
    08-04-12 03:51 PM
    I should add whether receiving or making the call, it doesn't work either way. Also I've tried soft pulls (alt + upper case + del) but not a battery pull. Figured the OS update worked the same as a battery pull. Thanks again.
    you may want to try a battery pull... or do a wipe and fresh install os.. and try different os version to say which one works best
    08-04-12 11:42 PM
    After activating speaker mode have you tried to press menu/activate handset. The other option would be to do a hardware test. Open: Options/Device/Device Status Information. Type the word t e s t. There is no place to enter the text, just type the word and follow the popup instructions. Another option is to ask yourself if you were using headphone or buds or anything plugged into the headphone jack. It got stuck on the gf's phone and created the same problem. Insert headphone jack repeatedly. I think if the Os swap didn't change it, it may be faulty hardware. Best of luck. And be sure to keep us posted.
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-05-12 at 12:06 AM.
    08-05-12 12:00 AM
    After activating speaker mode have you tried to press menu/activate handset. The other option would be to do a hardware test. Open: Options/Device/Device Status Information. Type the word t e s t. There is no place to enter the text, just type the word and follow the popup instructions. Another option is to ask yourself if you were using headphone or buds or anything plugged into the headphone jack. It got stuck on the gf's phone and created the same problem. Insert headphone jack repeatedly. I think if the Os swap didn't change it, it may be faulty hardware. Best of luck. And be sure to keep us posted.
    I have tried pressing menu - activate handset before and it does not work. I also ran the test and it didn't work, all it did was confirm that no sound was coming from the handset. Everything else I got sound from; speaker, microphone, headphones, but nothing from the handset. Did a battery pull and still does not work.

I have used headphones before to listen to podcasts on the phone, so maybe that had something to do with it. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it. Does anyone else have any ideas as to what I can do?
    08-05-12 09:57 AM
    How about turning the volume up?
    08-08-12 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD