What exactly is Wallstreet whining about? If rim had 1 billion users they still wouldn't be satisfied.
    08-04-12 08:46 AM
    The stock price, as well as RIMM's latest offerings.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-04-12 09:07 AM
    What exactly is Wallstreet whining about? If rim had 1 billion users they still wouldn't be satisfied.
    If you were to take the time to graph that number over the past 20 quarters or so, and then compare that to the overall smartphone market over that same period of time, you too would see what the problem is.

Alternatively, you could graph earnings over that same period of time and see another more important and more disturbing trend.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 08-04-12 at 12:08 PM.
    08-04-12 09:12 AM
    But,rim is still profitable.
    08-04-12 09:52 AM
    Burning revenue to work on BB10, dwindling market share all over the world, lack of sustainability in their current products because they use BB7, oh yeah, RIM has an uphill battle, but they will pull through with a good QNX platform, and that will be their way back into competition...greater competition shall I say?
    08-04-12 10:50 AM
    That 80+million subs could lead to a nice pop in the stock come earnings. That will be about an increase of subs of 2-2.5 million quarter over quarter . prior quarter of only 1 million subs added. If they can keep the cash balance stable of even show a possible increase, then the stock could pop barring no new "delayed" news which I dont think will happen. Maybe good for a flyer, I think it will happen on the earnings. The J series just begun rolling out in earnest in this quarter, and looks to be selling well. There should be one more "quality" quarter from the J series line, and then ramping for BB10.

We shall see
    Last edited by Im Mo Green; 08-04-12 at 11:10 AM. Reason: .
    08-04-12 11:02 AM
    If apple ever loses 1/2 of the buyers of their products,would the media say they are dying?
    08-04-12 11:12 AM
    i thought rim was gaining market shares in other parts of the world, just losing mainly in the U.S.? BB10 won't be a failure in my opinion, PlayBook OS is pretty good platform to transfer to a phone once they have refined it.

Seems like they're actually trying to up the whole game with BB10, not just catch up to where everyone else is at. Either way it will be exciting to see what they do with BB10, i'm completely satisfied with my Bold 9900 and OS7.1 right now as is. I wouldn't trade the to notch communication device with the best keyboard in the world for anything else in the market right now.
    08-04-12 11:32 AM
    If apple ever loses 1/2 of the buyers of their products,would the media say they are dying?
    If Apple lost 25% of it's clientele, the media frenzy would dwarf anything you see with RIM.
    08-04-12 12:05 PM
    BB in some countries in Africa is still the best. This due to the fact that BB network is very cheap compared to buying megabytes. I am personally grateful for the BB initiative and I pray their market won't go down. It will not, AMEN

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-04-12 01:09 PM
    80 million subscribers is a very small number. Especially considering the competition beats 80 million in new subscribers each quarter alone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-04-12 01:20 PM
    BB in some countries in Africa is still the best. This due to the fact that BB network is very cheap compared to buying megabytes. I am personally grateful for the BB initiative and I pray their market won't go down. It will not, AMEN

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Not just Africa. in Indonesia, there are much BB user at here. But, the major whose use the BB is teenager and also kid

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    08-04-12 02:18 PM
    But, but, but.... Wall Street still shorts RIM profitable or not.
    08-04-12 09:32 PM
    i thought rim was gaining market shares in other parts of the world, just losing mainly in the U.S.?
    Yes, but the market for smartphones is the US dwarfs those other markets. For example, in the US, there's over 100 million smartphones in use, in India, with a population of over 1 billion, there's about 10-15 million. A growth rate of 10% in the USA would be almost equivalent to a 100% growth rate in India. Also, a market share of 10% in the USA would be almost 100% in India.
    08-04-12 10:09 PM
    Yes, to the tune of $518 million in losses last quarter.
    08-04-12 10:13 PM
    Nope, they lost almost a half million last quarter. i wouldn't say that is
    being profitable.

Tim
    08-04-12 10:53 PM
    They are not profitable because their operating income is eating up a huge percentage of that money...
    08-05-12 12:29 AM
    Speculators want the latest and greatest no matter what, etc... the more speculating goes on about a product no matter if people enjoy it or not the worse it does on the exchange. People are sheep and put their money on what they're told can make them more money... If BlackBerry were a private company I doubt that a smaller set of investors would be this fickle. Yes they're way behind the 8 ball (I'm a big fan of WP 7.5, and just traded my Galaxy S2 back for a Bold 9900) ... so I kinda went through the ringer... but still don't see BB as that bad. If they improved even on this platform they could get more devs and more support.
    08-05-12 06:49 PM
    Nope, they lost almost a half million last quarter. i wouldn't say that is
    being profitable.

Tim
    That's billion. With a "b".
    08-05-12 08:44 PM
    Blackberry subscription rates are going up but just not as fast as the others. When the BB10 comes out, it will give them an opportunity to stabilize and hopefully start growing faster.
    08-06-12 09:25 AM
    Blackberry subscription rates are going up but just not as fast as the others. When the BB10 comes out, it will give them an opportunity to stabilize and hopefully start growing faster.
    Blackberry subscription rates are going up? Relative to what? Week over week? Even that I would doubt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-12 09:40 AM
    But, but, but.... Wall Street still shorts RIM profitable or not.
    There really should be a sticky in the forums so everyone can list all the entities that they think are conspiring against RIM...let's add Wall street to the list, behind "the media" but in front of Apple and Samsung.
    iankeiththomas likes this.
    08-06-12 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD