Hi,

I've been recently using Google Drive for work. As you may already know there no native Google Drive app for Blackberry. Also, its mobile page is quite useless.

What is the best way to reach my files via my BB Bold 9900??

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-31-12 07:54 PM
    I'm no expert in this area but I've used DropBox and it is a great way to share files with others and between my computer and my Bold.
    07-31-12 07:59 PM
    Gdocs in appworld
    deezy87 likes this.
    07-31-12 08:49 PM
    I've tried GDocs, and it isn't much better than the mobile drive site. All I want to do is browse my folder hierarchy and open the contents in Docs to Go, just like DropBox and Sugarsync. Not sure why this is so difficult! With several thousand files on a business Google Apps account the options for access presently available are pretty much unusable. So much better on iOS, BB the poor cousin yet again!
    01-11-13 06:01 AM
    On other platforms it's possible to go to the Google Drive mobile site and still edit documents. Is this possible on the 9900??
    01-13-13 06:11 PM
    Give Insync a try. Works well for me.
    Need to download from https://www.insynchq.com/mobile as I don't think its in App World.

Direct link to download - http://mobile.insynchq.com/Insync-1.0.6.jad
    Last edited by Forbes Gray; 02-28-13 at 05:06 PM.
    02-28-13 04:23 PM
    It's work, thanks.
    07-23-14 04:52 AM
    The failure of BBOS (Chen is talking about full abandonment now) is - and has ALWAYS BEEN - their failure to provide a handful of core apps for their powerful demographic. All they need(ed) to do was set aside a million dollars or so to have their own coders write apps for: Google Docs, SharePoint, Netflix, Kindle and maybe a few others in order to keep their lock on the C & D levels of most companies. The Exec will pay for a superior device and will (would have) enforce(d) it's usage in business if it did the core business requirements. BlackBerry's failure seems to me to be largely due to their foolish insistence on competing directly with Apple for the wrong market.

Heartbroken - after many years of fighting to keep my BlackBerry relavent. RIP BlackBerry OS - you were horribly abused.
    Andrew1978 likes this.
    11-18-15 06:37 AM
    The failure of BBOS (Chen is talking about full abandonment now) is - and has ALWAYS BEEN - their failure to provide a handful of core apps for their powerful demographic. All they need(ed) to do was set aside a million dollars or so to have their own coders write apps for: Google Docs, SharePoint, Netflix, Kindle and maybe a few others in order to keep their lock on the C & D levels of most companies. The Exec will pay for a superior device and will (would have) enforce(d) it's usage in business if it did the core business requirements. BlackBerry's failure seems to me to be largely due to their foolish insistence on competing directly with Apple for the wrong market.

Heartbroken - after many years of fighting to keep my BlackBerry relavent. RIP BlackBerry OS - you were horribly abused.
    A: why dig up a thread from 2014?
    B: given the BlackBerry 10 Facebook app, I think it's for the better that BlackBerry didn't try to make their own apps
    C: don't let the door hit you on the way out
    11-18-15 07:02 AM
    A: I've never understood why folks don't like old threads reopened. If you Google a problem and there is a thread - why leave it abandoned? Old information is always valuable. If the problem has not been resolved, then more input would seem helpful - don't you think?
    B: But WHY can't they make good apps? To me, this is the heart of their failure. Apps aren't hard, I know this as it is part of what our company does for a living.
    C: I am impervious to doors. ;-)
    11-18-15 04:37 PM
    A: I've never understood why folks don't like old threads reopened. If you Google a problem and there is a thread - why leave it abandoned? Old information is always valuable. If the problem has not been resolved, then more input would seem helpful - don't you think?
    B: But WHY can't they make good apps? To me, this is the heart of their failure. Apps aren't hard, I know this as it is part of what our company does for a living.
    C: I am impervious to doors. ;-)
    I don't understand the business about old threads either.

As to why BlackBerry can't just code their own apps in high-demand situations, one possibility is closed APIs; another is that some companies don't like third party app access.

Years ago Palm developed iTunes integration for webOS, and Apple repeatedly changed the interface with every iOS update, forcing Palm to write new code. Eventually Palm abandoned the effort.
    frozenjim likes this.
    11-18-15 05:35 PM
    I do live in the rarified air of Sr. Director - so this problem is the type of thing that I get paid to solve. Were I working for Chen, I would strongly assert that the cost of a full-time IOS team of three coders would be less than the loss of profit by existing clients leaving because we cannot support one of the planet's most popular apps. That same team could keep up with Apple's changes pretty well. There would also be a MS team and maybe an Android team. Under a million dollars per year would allow "us" to maintain our position as the world's premier handheld device.

I presume that I would win that meeting.

Mr. Chen, we are available for consultation
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-19-15 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD