Does anyone know of a GPS app for the Playbook? Either an android which works on Playbook or a native one. I am looking for one that gives audio turn by turn directions for a desired destination.
    07-30-12 10:08 AM
    Have you tried doing a search of these forums? This has been discussed more times than I can count.
    07-30-12 10:34 AM
    Have a look at OsmAnd at BlackBerry App World, it is free and works well.
    07-30-12 11:22 PM
    Try Magellan compass in the blackberry app store, costs a few pounds but worth it.
    Gives turn by turn direction and audio with a few map style to choose from

M
    07-31-12 03:19 AM
    Try Magellan compass in the blackberry app store, costs a few pounds but worth it.
    Gives turn by turn direction and audio with a few map style to choose from

M
    If offline navigation is desired I'd stay away from Magellan.

Osmand is free and works great.
    07-31-12 07:58 AM
    I am looking for offline navagation but I thought I read somewhere that you could download the maps in cache and use them offline. Can someone confirm this as I am considering purchasing the magellan.
    08-05-12 10:08 PM
    I stopped trusting Caching some time back.. I had Google Maps on my Android phone.. with my city cached in it.. turns out one day I get out of house for a far off place and I turn on Google maps and there's nothing there.. A couple of days ago it was there..
    Bad luck maybe..
    Don't really know bout Magellan or newer Google maps.. But OsmAnd works for me..
    08-06-12 09:03 AM
    Like someone said, try OSMAND, that is available on APP WORLD!

You only need the Wifi to dld the maps, and then you can go offline, like a real gps...

It was recently asked in this forums, so if you do a quick search, you'll see it

I love that app eheh

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-06-12 09:09 AM
    + 1 for OsmAnd; for me, works way better than Magellan
    08-06-12 11:52 AM
    Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna do Osmand.
    08-06-12 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD