If you keep up with the forums, you might have seen a thread that I posted about my Playbook being stolen from work...

Well a little over a month later and I am the proud owner of another brand new blackberry PlayBook it took me awhile but I finally found the extra funds to pick one up!

Now come the questions,
    Obviously I'm trying to get my current Playbook as close as I can to my last one so for now I have three questions:

- After an update I no longer have any of the pre-loaded pictures, how do I get them back?

- I had a few .swf games that I could play offline and when I tried to find the tutorial thread on how to get them on your Playbook it had been deleted, so I ask how do I put them back on my Playbook?

- And finally and ill be honest with you...

Bix - Downloaded when it first came out (price=free)
    Comb Over Charlie - Giveaway from the developer when first released (price=free)
    Muffin Knight - Downloaded when it first came out (price=free)
    Paper Plane - Giveaway from the developer when first released (price=free)
    Simply Sequence - Downloaded when it first came out (price=free)

All of these games I had on my previous Playbook before it was stolen is there any way to get them back?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.
    07-30-12 07:31 AM
    The games and their pricing at the time, should all be assigned to your BB ID though, I have seen a lot of instances where that wasn't the case and folks had to re-purchase or do without.
    07-30-12 07:59 AM
    Sorry that I don't know the answer to the first two questions but for the last: did you use the same blackberry id that you had on your stolen playbook?

If so, you should be able to go to app world, then my world, and then in the uninstalled list you will see a list of all the apps you previously downloaded. Then you can click on reinstall and it shouldn't charge you again.

If you didn't use the same blackberry id, you will have to either contact support and they may issue you a credit or you will have to perform a security wipe, and then log in with your old id.

Hopefully something works for you.
    07-30-12 08:04 AM
    Yes I used the same BB ID and when I go to my uninstalled list to try and reinstall these apps it just tells me "the price of this app has changed".

I'm not one to complain about $0.99, I would gladly purchase some of these apps but obviously if there is a way I can get them back that would be nice too.
    07-30-12 08:10 AM
    You might have to contact the dev for those apps that are now at a different price. They may refund your purchase price when you let them know your circumstances.
    Good Luck!
    07-30-12 08:56 AM
    At this point I don't recall the backup/restore process but can't a restoration using Desktop Manager restore the previously installed apps? Otherwise, if not, then you will have to purchase for the newer pricing. Rim should address this issue in some manner - someway to allow folks to archive their versions purchased apps so that they are no forced into reinstalling.

Your NEW unit did not include those original wallpapers? How about the turtle video?

I believe some of those have been posted by others in some threads but I don't have any links.

And continue to enjoy your unfortunately forced purchase.
    07-30-12 09:12 AM
    Yay for the new Playbook!! Yeah, I've also had to pay for games that I had deleted and were free when I first downloaded them but the dev started charging. I would write to the dev & explain that your first pb got stolen and see if they'll waive the fee. Who knows? Worth a try. Good luck and Yay again!
    07-30-12 09:16 AM
    You can either look for the threads with pics videos etc or doing a Debrick with dm puts the missing items on.
    07-30-12 09:20 AM
    You might have to contact the dev for those apps that are now at a different price. They may refund your purchase price when you let them know your circumstances.
    Good Luck!
    Devs can't process refunds. Just contact AppWorld support directly.
    07-30-12 10:05 AM
    Should have waited for the 3g blackberry playbook
    07-30-12 01:01 PM
    Should have waited for the 3g blackberry playbook
    4G even. . .
    07-30-12 07:52 PM
    Thanks for all the replys,
    And like Chrysalis said its worth a try, so Im going to try to conatct appworld and see what happens.

Still cant find any of the pre loaded pictures yet even in the forums.
    07-31-12 08:16 AM
    And to RMCD and Bungaboy...
    I already spent $500 on my first Playbook Im not about to go spend another $500 Id rather stick with $250 lol now if they'd start out at $199 that would be a different story!
    07-31-12 08:19 AM
    To get the pictures/wallpapers and turtle video back you need to debrick it if you really want them and can't find them.
    07-31-12 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD