Can't see myself spending $250 for this device when I already have a 64g PB that will do soo much more. My envy is gone.

On the other hand, I also paired with a bluetooth keyboard on display, and I gotta have one of those.
    07-28-12 06:16 PM
    Just curious, what can the pb do (besides BBM and bridge) that the nexus 7 can't?
    Thanks
    07-28-12 06:52 PM
    Take better pics? lol That's one.

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    Dapper37 likes this.
    07-28-12 06:53 PM
    Yawn.
    07-29-12 09:02 AM
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    07-30-12 02:28 PM
    Hmmm Nexus 7 has better hardware, and launched at $200. The Nexus 7 also sold out.

Your PB is a year old, launched and failed at $400+, and is still a fail at $200. Has barely any app ecosystem, and is on an unproven mobile OS.

The PB does more? Please explain.

Yes, the PB can take pictures. Awesome. Have fun looking like a moron taking a picture using a tablet, and using a tablet to take a picture while smartphones are much more convient and most have much better cameras.

Can you change your keyboard? Can you theme? Can you tether for free? Can you use Netflix? Does your stock web browser sync with every single one of your devices that also have a web browser? Does said sync allow you to pull up a webpage currently on a different device and view all of its history from your current device?

Can you make full mobile backups of your device, using just the PB? Can you load custom ROMs onto your PB? Can you load custom kernels onto your PB?

The PB is an awesome device, but make sure you explain yourself if you are going to make such claims.

Android is the most customizable major mobile OS on the market. Please back up your statements.
    07-30-12 03:04 PM
    Let's face it. This thread has troll written all over it.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    07-30-12 03:15 PM
    No doubt.

Before more misinformation is spread, I hope this thread is locked.
    07-30-12 03:18 PM
    I hope this thread is locked.
    Apparently it's not that high of a priority, to the powers that be. I reported this thread yesterday, a nobody has done anything with it.
    07-31-12 09:14 AM
    Ya but it's not not Anti-RIM trolling
    07-31-12 10:32 AM
    Take better pics? lol That's one.

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    I really hope you don't use your tablet to take pictures.
    07-31-12 11:19 PM
    The only trolls that count are anti -Rim ones :-)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-12 07:18 AM
    You can tether for free??

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-12 07:18 AM
    Hmmm Nexus 7 has better hardware, and launched at $200. The Nexus 7 also sold out.

Your PB is a year old, launched and failed at $400+, and is still a fail at $200. Has barely any app ecosystem, and is on an unproven mobile OS.

Yes, the PB can take pictures. Awesome. Have fun looking like a moron taking a picture using a tablet, and using a tablet to take a picture while smartphones are much more convient and most have much better cameras.

Can you change your keyboard? Can you theme? Can you tether for free? Can you use Netflix? Does your stock web browser sync with every single one of your devices that also have a web browser? Does said sync allow you to pull up a webpage currently on a different device and view all of its history from your current device?

Can you make full mobile backups of your device, using just the PB? Can you load custom ROMs onto your PB? Can you load custom kernels onto your PB?

The PB is an awesome device, but make sure you explain yourself if you are going to make such claims.

Android is the most customizable major mobile OS on the market. Please back up your statements.
    OK, sure. A different way of looking at it: The best selling tablet on the market, which consumers perceive as the ultimate best tablet, also doesn't do any of those things.

Hint: ipad.

Also, I find quadcore on tablets is a little overrated at the moment, and that the nexus 7 lacks specs where it counts, which is storage and camera. And yes... People do take pictures with tablets. Some people sound like they're in high school in above posts saying how "I hope you don't actually take pictures with a tablet..". What kind of weird format of peer pressure is this? No offense..

For the record, I also didn't say the PB is the bomb. In fact, I find it on par with every other tablet because they all have different traits that make them unique. Just bridge alone is a unique feature that the nexus will never have, neither the ipad, and I could go on..

In the end, if the op didn't like it, then that's it, it didn't suit his needs better. If you like it go buy it, but don't tell him to buy it too.
    Last edited by apengue1; 08-01-12 at 08:44 AM.
    08-01-12 08:34 AM

Well sure if that matters to a person. The only thing in your list that matters to ME is tether for free and yes I can. I would likens system image option.

Oh BTW you only look like a moron taking pics with something larger than 7".
    08-01-12 08:51 AM

Why? I use my PlayBook to take pictures and videos of the kids, whether it is at plays they are in or playing sports or family events. It takes wonderful videos and they are easy to upload to dropbox to share with other family members and friends. If you feel insecure using a tablet as a camcorder or camera, then that isn't the tablets problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by D_March; 08-01-12 at 10:38 AM.
    08-01-12 09:15 AM
    OK, sure. A different way of looking at it: The best selling tablet on the market, which consumers perceive as the ultimate best tablet, also doesn't do any of those things.

Hint: ipad.
    The OP said the PB does more than the Nexus 7. What does this statement have to do with that? Why bring up the iPad? We all know it has less OS features than the rest.

Also, I find quadcore on tablets is a little overrated at the moment, and that the nexus 7 lacks specs where it counts, which is storage and camera. And yes... People do take pictures with tablets. Some people sound like they're in high school in above posts saying how "I hope you don't actually take pictures with a tablet..". What kind of weird format of peer pressure is this? No offense..
    No peer pressure, I call it like it is. People look like morons using tablets to take pictures in public. Sorry, that is the way I see it. Holding a huge rectangle in your hand to take a picture is hilarious looking. Especially when you tiny smartphone most likely takes better pictures. Maybe not the current BBs.

I agree on the storage. The limited storage on the Nexus 7 sucks. Google is trying to get people to use their cloud services with it.

For the record, I also didn't say the PB is the bomb. In fact, I find it on par with every other tablet because they all have different traits that make them unique. Just bridge alone is a unique feature that the nexus will never have, neither the ipad, and I could go on..
    Android does not need bridge. The cloud syns everything my smartphone has onto my tablet if need be. The only thing that doesn't sync is SMS, and I would rather type on a smarthphone anyways. I'm sure there are ways to get that going to

Bridge is nice and I know it has more features, but not at all appealing to me. I definitely see the use for it though.

In the end, if the op didn't like it, then that's it, it didn't suit his needs better. If you like it go buy it, but don't tell him to buy it too.
    Who told him to buy it? All I asked was for them to back up their claims with their statement saying "the PB will do so much more".

Well sure if that matters to a person. The only thing in your list that matters to ME is tether for free and yes I can. I would likens system image option.

Oh BTW you only look like a moron taking pics with something larger than 7".
    The PB can tether for free? Im not talking about bridge (if that's what you mean). If so, awesome, welcome to what iOS and Android users have been enjoying for years.

I disagree. Anyone holding a tablet (7inch+) to take pictures looks like a moron. I will say, the bigger the tablet, the worse it is.
    08-01-12 09:22 AM
    The OP said the PB does more than the Nexus 7. What does this statement have to do with that? Why bring up the iPad? We all know it has less OS features than the rest.
    Well I bring it up because as I said, all tablets have their unique qualities, and although I personally don't like the ipad, its feature set seems to be what consumers want. My point is that you said the nexus did all these 'things', which it does, and some or all because I don't remember the list, the pb doesn't have, but neither does the ipad, which is selling really well. I hope you see what I'm saying. But yes, I do see your point as you were just stating what the nexus does in regards to the pb.

No peer pressure, I call it like it is. People look like morons using tablets to take pictures in public. Sorry, that is the way I see it. Holding a huge rectangle in your hand to take a picture is hilarious looking. Especially when you tiny smartphone most likely takes better pictures. Maybe not the current BBs.
    Well you shouldn't judge people by the way they take pictures, sorry. It's just rude, and it's a free world out there. Maybe you should go to NYC and see what weird really is. And that's what makes the city so great too. It's that free thinking culture.
    I agree on the storage. The limited storage on the Nexus 7 sucks. Google is trying to get people to use their cloud services with it.
    OK.

Android does not need bridge. The cloud syns everything my smartphone has onto my tablet if need be. The only thing that doesn't sync is SMS, and I would rather type on a smarthphone anyways. I'm sure there are ways to get that going to

Bridge is nice and I know it has more features, but not at all appealing to me.. I definitely see the use for it though.
    Since when are we talking about you? Lol. I thought you were trying to separating facts from opinion? . Cloud is great, it's a great tool, but its just one tool, and it requires connectivity. How do you put up a sideshow on your tv with an hdmi that the nexus doesn't have (make that big feature #3 that it doesn't have), and then do a presentation of your vacation pictures with your phone through the cloud?

As I said, cloud is great, but so is bridge. And if I were to bet which would get the other first, it would be RIM with the cloud. In fact, they've already acquired a cloud based company within the last year, and there are alternatives at the moment anyways.

Who told him to buy it? All I asked was for them to back up their claims with their statement saying "the PB will do so much more".

The PB can tether for free? Im not talking about bridge (if that's what you mean). If so, awesome, welcome to what iOS and Android users have been enjoying for years.

I disagree. Anyone holding a tablet (7inch+) to take pictures looks like a moron. I will say, the bigger the tablet, the worse it is.
    Im not aware of the free tether thing. You might have to explain this to me. Are you talking about wifi hotshot? That induces charges in most situations, and decreased battery life. Is there another type of tethering I'm not aware of?
    08-01-12 10:05 AM
    Well I bring it up because as I said, all tablets have their unique qualities, and although I personally don't like the ipad, its feature set seems to be what consumers want. My point is that you said the nexus did all these 'things', which it does, and some or all because I don't remember the list, the pb doesn't have, but neither does the ipad, which is selling really well. I hope you see what I'm saying. But yes, I do see your point as you were just stating what the nexus does in regards to the pb.
    I do understand what you are saying. People want polish, not full features it seems.

Well you shouldn't judge people by the way they take pictures, sorry. It's just rude, and it's a free world out there. Maybe you should go to NYC and see what weird really is. And that's what makes the city so great too. It's that free thinking culture.
    OK.
    Like you said, it is a free world out there, and I can judge who I want. I find people look like morons when they take pictures with tablets. I am not in the minority.

Go to NYC? I'm from NY, I have been there more times than I care to remember. I have seen people fall off the sidewalk when trying to take pictures with tablet, even smartphones. I have seen more people crash into other people with using a tablet because it takes up way more of your vision.

I know what weird really is. New York is filled with it.

Since when are we talking about you? Lol. I thought you were trying to separating facts from opinion? .
    I did separate facts from opinion. I stated facts, and my opinion in two separate instances. My opinion is not fact, I know this. I stated I can see why bridge is appealing. I just said for me it is not.

Cloud is great, it's a great tool, but its just one tool, and it requires connectivity. How do you put up a sideshow on your tv with an hdmi that the nexus doesn't have (make that big feature #3 that it doesn't have), and then do a presentation of your vacation pictures with your phone through the cloud?
    You can use this...

Wi-Fi Media lets your Nexus 7 play movies on any screen via HTC's Media Link HD (hands-on video) -- Engadget

Not the best thing in the world but it works as a workaround.

Remember, the Nexus 7 is priced at $250 and started at this price. Some features are expected to not be there. The PB started at $400+. I would sure hope HDMI out would be there.

As I said, cloud is great, but so is bridge. And if I were to bet which would get the other first, it would be RIM with the cloud. In fact, they've already acquired a cloud based company within the last year, and there are alternatives at the moment anyways.
    I think both options are great.

Are you saying RIM will get to the cloud before Google gets to "bridge"? I'm sure they will. AKAIK, Google has no intentions of ever creating bridge features.

Im not aware of the free tether thing. You might have to explain this to me. Are you talking about wifi hotshot? That induces charges in most situations, and decreased battery life. Is there another type of tethering I'm not aware of?
    Hotspot or wired tether. Android can do it for free.

I'll take the loss of extra battery life any day over the charge of extra data.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-01-12 at 10:27 AM.
    08-01-12 10:23 AM
    OK androids can tether free natively without having to purchase or download an app that masks what you're doing in the US where most every carriers want to charge extra to tether?

BTW tether works on bb also to mask that you are.
    08-01-12 10:30 AM
    OK androids can tether free natively without having to purchase or download an app that masks what you're doing in the US where most every carriers want to charge extra to tether?

BTW tether works on bb also to mask that you are.
    Apps or built into ROMs. If BB can do it too that is awesome.

Native tether on Android will warn you about carrier charges or that you do not have tethering/hotspot on your account. The others just do it, don't ask and don't charge.
    08-01-12 10:41 AM

OK.

Since when are we talking about you? Lol. I thought you were trying to separating facts from opinion? . Cloud is great, it's a great tool, but its just one tool, and it requires connectivity. How do you put up a sideshow on your tv with an hdmi that the nexus doesn't have (make that big feature #3 that it doesn't have), and then do a presentation of your vacation pictures with your phone through the cloud?

Um... what people seem to be missing with the bridge argument here is that it's only relevant if you have a Blackberry phone. I don't understand why it's being touted as a feature because it isn't universal, it doesn't apply with any other phones.

Unless the issue is that there isn't something exactly like bridge for Android-to-tablet, in which case I'd say there is in the form of tethering. And I always thought Bridge on the Playbook, while a great feature, was a workaround from when the Playbook didn't have a native email app. Again, it was only for Blackberries (on OS7).
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-01-12 12:56 PM
    Um... what people seem to be missing with the bridge argument here is that it's only relevant if you have a Blackberry phone. I don't understand why it's being touted as a feature because it isn't universal, it doesn't apply with any other phones.

Unless the issue is that there isn't something exactly like bridge for Android-to-tablet, in which case I'd say there is in the form of tethering. And I always thought Bridge on the Playbook, while a great feature, was a workaround from when the Playbook didn't have a native email app. Again, it was only for Blackberries (on OS7).
    True you need a bb for bridge. False as it works with OS5 and on. BRIDGE is much more than tethering but I think android has something similar.
    08-01-12 01:02 PM
    True you need a bb for bridge. False as it works with OS5 and on. BRIDGE is much more than tethering but I think android has something similar.
    OK so it works with OS5... and it's more than tethering agree there. But my point is, it's only relevant (and very much so) if you have a BlackBerry. If not, I wouldn't even count it. I'd mention instead the hotspot capabilities (which, though I stand to be corrected, I believe are only on OS7).
    08-01-12 02:45 PM
    Often i see people using iPads to take pics and even to make videos, why not a 7 inch tablet?

I use it, yes, but mainly because my camera got wasted.

Call me what you want, but the pics are beeing taken and with no extra costs(new camera for example...)
    08-01-12 02:50 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD