Always searching for the latest BB news, I ended up on this site once in a while thinking that maybe they'll get some news first.
    I've just deleted them from my favourite's and I won't be going back. Too many ads (that are placed in just the right place so I click on them when I don't want to) and now the blatant pop-up advertising is completely annoying me.

Thanks Crackberry for keeping it real !

Even if N4BB were to break a story first, I know that CB will be right behind.

I think I'll go click on a CB ad now as a show of support
    07-27-12 10:52 AM
    I just follow Lucas/N4BB on Twitter. No point going to any BB site other than CB that way.
    07-27-12 10:58 AM
    I'm sure everyone is happy with your support of CrackBerry but there really
    is no reason to slag any of the other sites.

One thing I have always noticed is that CrackBerry has always had good relations
    with all the other sites and I don't think this kind of thing is at all helpful.

If you feel this way about N4BB it is probably better to tell them, not us.
    07-27-12 11:01 AM
    While it's nice for us to have a place to get information from, these sites cost money to run. This is handled by accessory sales and ads. Given that I've only bought a handful of accessories, ads are a small price to pay for all of this information. Occasionally, when I click and ad by mistake, it's easy just to close it or hit the back button. Ads are a given today and all of the sites (including Crackberry) have the full mix of sidebar ads that are easily clickable, header ads that can be clicked by mistake when scrolling a Playbook to the top, and the ever annoying popup ads when you refresh a page. But like I said, it's a small price to pay for all of the good information.
    07-27-12 11:09 AM
    Adblocker works very well
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    07-27-12 11:18 AM
    It's great that CB has a good relationship with these guys....
    and, Fair enough, I agree that they need this revenue to pay for what they do. I am aware of this and I have purchased from CB and will purchase again in the future. I click on the odd ad, both intentionally and the odd time by mistake on CB, but it is just so much more blatant on that site and it is my right to choose who I support.
    The companies that pay for those ads, do so with the intention that if a person clicks on the ad (at a cost to that company) hopefully that person isn't going to just leave the site before they even see their web-site.
    Our company has stopped display advertising, because we couldn't completely manage where our ads were showing up and we were getting irrelevant click throughs with very few (to no) page views.

That's the reality.
    07-27-12 11:20 AM
    [joker]
    10caracter
    07-27-12 11:24 AM
    There is an ad blocker for BB?
    07-27-12 11:26 AM
    ermmm no, I mean from a computer. I don't think I have ever seen ads when I have hit the site from my BB browser.

I mean with a PC...lol
    07-27-12 11:27 AM
    LOL k. When signed in I don't get any but do have adblock for firefox.
    07-27-12 11:33 AM
    I agree with the above posters. No need to slay n4bb. There are some adds on CB that annoy me, but I just sick it up. These sites need $ to run. Without adds these sites would not exist
    07-27-12 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD