Hi

My carrier is in Bulgaria, but I'm currently in Zimbabwe.
    There is no Blackberry here, so I was able to use my BBM service only when connected to Wi-Fi.
    All was good, until I've decided to upgrade my OS. After the upgrade, I cannot register to the network.

Anyone has any idea what can I do in order to resolve this or I'm doomed?
    Is there a way to restore Host routing table from a backup? (this sounds lame .. but I'm desperate).

Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated.
    07-27-12 12:22 AM
    Hi

My carrier is in Bulgaria, but I'm currently in Zimbabwe.
    There is no Blackberry here, so I was able to use my BBM service only when connected to Wi-Fi.
    All was good, until I've decided to upgrade my OS. After the upgrade, I cannot register to the network.

Anyone has any idea what can I do in order to resolve this or I'm doomed?
    Is there a way to restore Host routing table from a backup? (this sounds lame .. but I'm desperate).

Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated.
    Yes, you can restore it. Plug your BlackBerry in your PC and fire up Desktop Software. Click Restore from Device Menu. On the Select Data to Restore, click Select device data and settings. Now look for Service Book and check it. Then hit Restore.

You can also try to refresh your Service Book if above steps not working. Read this article.
    KB05010-How to clear and refresh the service book database if the BlackBerry smartphone is unable to send or receive data.

Hope that helps.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by iansantos17; 07-27-12 at 02:34 AM.
    batboris likes this.
    07-27-12 02:32 AM
    Thanks for the fast response.
    I though there is difference between the service books and the host routing table.
    I have restored my service books and I see that I have 4 mail accounts, but when go inside Mail setup - I see enterprise activation screen.

When I try Register with the network, it says the registration was queued when I have data coverage.

It looks like there is no contract for data usage between the two carriers (VIVACOM and TELECEL). that is why I wonder is there a way I can trick the phone and restore the host routing settings it had before the OS upgrade.
    07-27-12 03:25 AM
    You need an active data plan to activate your email(s).
    07-27-12 03:29 AM
    You need an active data plan to activate your email(s).
    It is active in Bulgaria

The problem is that I will be in Zimbabwe for 2 more months ... and I can't survive w/o my BBM.
    07-27-12 03:37 AM
    You can't use it in Zimbabwe even your roaming is on.
    07-27-12 03:47 AM
    Try this if it is working. Turn ON your Wi-Fi and connect to hotpost and Turn OFF your Mobile Network. Now try to BBM or email.
    07-27-12 04:09 AM
    Try this if it is working. Turn ON your Wi-Fi and connect to hotpost and Turn OFF your Mobile Network. Now try to BBM or email.
    No luck.
    I notice something though ... when I open FB or Twitter, the app tries to connect with BBM. Then, I'm getting a message that my radio is Off (although it is On and I make voice calls)

EDIT:
    I got an idea.. when I did the OS update, I did it with the Loader. The problem is that I don't know where the loader keeps the backup files.
    07-27-12 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD