Hey,

I just updated to the latest leak of the 9930 (released a couple of days ago, so not the Sprint one of today) - and i can't seem to find the Cell Broadcast option anymore in my Advanced System Settings of My Device. The whole menu item seems to be gone.

Am i missing something? Not looking in the right locations?
    07-26-12 07:40 PM
    You shouldn't really have to look for it. Options uses type-to-search, like Universal Search.

Just open Options and type "cell" and it should appear. (Unless it is removed in later OS builds…)

07-27-12 11:59 AM
    Hey,

I just updated to the latest leak of the 9930 (released a couple of days ago, so not the Sprint one of today) - and i can't seem to find the Cell Broadcast option anymore in my Advanced System Settings of My Device. The whole menu item seems to be gone.

Am i missing something? Not looking in the right locations?
    just curious why install a leak when oficial is avaliable?
    07-27-12 12:25 PM
    just curious why install a leak when oficial is avaliable?
    Hey, couple of days ago that was the 'latest' - until sprint's version came out.

So I installed that one - much better than that one of bundle 1333 - but in there as well, no longer the cell broadcast option.

Did the search as well, then realized I switched off the search inside 'options' and a bunch of others.

Enabled that, tried again, no luck.

Can someone, running the sprint official version confirm?

I just would like to verify that I can receive those EMS/EBS notifications.

But, maybe this got rolled up into the EMS/EBS folder's options.
    Last edited by TheRealRoland; 07-27-12 at 02:43 PM.
    07-27-12 02:38 PM
    Don't go through the main Search.

Open your Options app (wrench icon), then type "cell" and see see if it appears.
    07-27-12 04:56 PM
    Well, strange. I'm on Verizon, running 7.1.0.580 (that Sprint-official version). No Cell Broadcast option anymore.

Maybe it's integrated into the Emergency Alert Messages 'app' itself - so that you subscribe behind the scenes to the Weather and Amber Alert messages.

Problem with this stuff is that you would never know for sure if you're subscribed to receiving these messages, until one comes in :-)
    07-31-12 12:33 PM
    The update seemed to remove the Emergency Alert messages and app -- which is why I was looking for Cell Broadcasting as well (someone on another thread mentioned that one needs to enable that to get the alerts).

Anyone have an idea on how to get the Emergency Alert Message app to come back?
    08-06-12 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD