I have to be honest, i have followed RIM since the start of their decline. Watching the bad get worse, and now with what looks like a bright future i am wondering why they continue to hide launch dates. Something like the playbook 4g, rumor is that it will launch on July 31st, that is 6 days from now. Have you seen or heard about 1 ad or promotional tool trying to convince ppl why they should go out and buy one when it launches? No, no you haven't. People need to know before the launch date that the products are coming, RIM needs to create hype around their new products before they come out so people are buying on day 1.
    07-25-12 11:02 PM
    In RIMs case I suspect the rationale is "If we don't give any more hard release
    dates no one can ever say we've missed a target again"

Honestly, all dates that do not come directly from RIM I treat as rumors.
    jusdis likes this.
    07-25-12 11:13 PM
    Is it a secret if those dates don't even actually exist?

I'm sure once THEY know a date, we wil, find out as well. The only secret is wtf is taking so long?! I wish someone could answer me that.
    07-25-12 11:55 PM
    I don't think the Playbook 4G is a big release as people are making it out to be.

It's probably just a, eh, it's time to put this out now, we need a QNX based product out for this year, type thing. My guess anyway.
    07-26-12 12:20 AM
    It's common practice.

When's the last time you heard Apple say "Hey! We're announcing the iPhone 5 on 14th October this year!".

Nothing out of the ordinary, people. Move along.
    07-26-12 01:52 AM
    It's common practice.

When's the last time you heard Apple say "Hey! We're announcing the iPhone 5 on 14th October this year!".

Nothing out of the ordinary, people. Move along.
    Truth! what did you want them to do, announce another deadline they can't meet?
    07-26-12 01:57 AM
    When gold/beta versions will pop, then you'll probably ear about dates.
    Firsts being rumors (good for the buzz), then official announcements.

• R9: October SDK Beta Release (bug fixes)
    • R10: November Gold SDK Release (bug fixes)

(source : Let the Series of BlackBerry 10 Beta SDK Releases Continue! �BlackBerry Developer Blog - read the end disclaimer pls)
    07-26-12 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD