I have Paypal Here & Square card reader Installed on my playbook which is running 2.1 and neither of the card readers are recognized. Both apps work fine without the readers but the readers are the most essential tool for the app. When i first plugged in the square card reader it gave me the message about the audio adjust and thats it...

Myself & others would greatly apperciate if someone can figure out how to make this work thanks in advance
    07-25-12 05:46 PM
    Having that same problem it would be nice if some one fix that
    08-02-12 03:12 PM
    Does the PB audio port have mic leads?

My understanding is that the way the data is transferred to the PB/tablet/phone is by sending the data via mic. I know in my Android tablet, it only has stereo output (no mic included) and the devices won't work with it.

If the PB does have mic input via the headphone jack, then maybe it is something that can be tweaked to work in the future. Otherwise, it would be a hardware limitation.
    08-06-12 09:05 AM
    Playbook supports mic-input via headphone jack. I use it for my ComWave ePhone app, actually. (use your Blackberry earbud/mic set in the headphone jack). In theory, if someone could port the Square-Up android app to use in the Playbook's android player, it could probably work with a few tweaks.
    06-24-13 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD