Has anyone tried this official version yet? Any comments?
    07-24-12 05:22 PM
    Just upgraded Desktop Software and there were some issues with outlook around conflicting data.
    Calender had one or two adjustments needed but I think this was around how outlook deals with recurring appointments, say like I have moved a once a fortnight on to the next week I had to delete the recurence in outlook and reconfig. I did also do a data wipe on the contacts and calender to make sure the phone was clean, the conflicts still arose.So my view is that it's outlook data
    There were a couple others one around a picture of a contact "Different ref" But since I adjusted the conflicts it's been fine. It will be interesting to see how it handles changes in reacurring appointments in the future.

Hope this helps

PS Playbook wouldn't sync which it did before, but after I turned it off then on again so thatfound hardware kicked in it did its stuff connected did an auto backup and seems fine. Unplugged then plugged it was recognised straight away.
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 07-26-12 at 03:07 PM. Reason: playbook details added
    vqc61 likes this.
    07-26-12 08:48 AM
    Thanks so much for your post and comments. Did you notice if it was faster or slower than DM 6?
    07-26-12 12:19 PM
    Thanks so much for your post and comments. Did you notice if it was faster or slower than DM 6?
    I think that the sync process is slower but the media sync seemed really fast to me.
    A mixed bag I know.
    I have been holding off because of the previous version troubles but they don't appear to be present now.
    Still a bit apprehensive about back up being now .bbb but I have got Desktop Software 6.1 to fall back on should I need too.

Good luck with it
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 07-26-12 at 03:05 PM.
    07-26-12 12:47 PM
    Update, the desktop software seems unable to cope with Drag and drop changes with recurring appointments in outlook.
    To achieve sync I had to delete the appointment occurance only and then manually input new appointment for the following week.
    It does seem to handle single appointments being moved around without problems
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 07-26-12 at 03:06 PM. Reason: correct desktop manager to desktop software
    07-26-12 01:24 PM
    Update all seems to be working fine even the issue with recurring appointments seems ok
    07-28-12 05:55 AM
    With this version of DM, they FINALLY fixed the problem with being able to sync more than one BB phone with different users on a single computer. Older versions would only allow me to sync one BB with the "primary" user of my Windows 7 computer. If I logged onto another user and tried to sync a different phone with a different Outlook user, the sync would always fail.

That has finally been fixed. Thanks RIM.
    07-30-12 02:35 AM
    This rev has caused a unique problem. My mediacard (SDHC) doesn't show up when using the DM. Worse yet, when I unplug the phone from the PC, all my photos are gone. If I boot the phone, then the photos return.

If I use the phone as an USB device, then the mediacard is there, but I use encryption, so these files are useless.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-02-12 01:17 AM
    This rev has caused a unique problem. My mediacard (SDHC) doesn't show up when using the DM. Worse yet, when I unplug the phone from the PC, all my photos are gone. If I boot the phone, then the photos return.

If I use the phone as an USB device, then the mediacard is there, but I use encryption, so these files are useless.

So if you are not useing a usb are you connecting via bluetooth, I read on one post that there were some issues with bluetooth from Desktop software 7 on
    08-02-12 06:25 AM
    I don't have bluetooth on the desktop.

08-02-12 07:30 AM
    I can't get DM 7.1.0.32 to do a one way data dump from Outlook 2007 to my 9550. All previous versions of DM worked fine. Upgraded to this version and it scans Outlook, seems to read 6000+ entries but then only shows about 15 updates to the calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I have looked at all the settings and even set a filter to only pull Outlook entries that are less than 1 year old.
    08-06-12 06:56 PM
    there is no option for yahoo either? whats up with that?
    08-09-12 02:17 PM
    Ive reverted to DM 6.1 as 7 seemed to want to delete all my outlook settings and it showed double the amount of entries than there was so I dumped it.
    08-13-12 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD