I am new to using a blackberry.I just got a curve with att. If i unlock the phone will i be able to use it still with my att sim card. Like i said this is probably a dumb question
    09-18-08 06:19 PM
    you could use it with your att sim but what would be the point of unlocking it then?

edit**--for using it overseas what a stupid question
    ya you can use it with your att sim
    you can use it on any gsm network as long as your phone has that radio frequency
    09-18-08 06:20 PM
    yuh.. if its unlocked you can use it with any sim card carrier
    09-18-08 06:21 PM
    you could use it with your att sim but what would be the point of unlocking it then?
    Thats what i was thinking lol.. but i didnt wanna ask..
    09-18-08 06:21 PM
    This brings up another good (dumb, perhaps) question: is there any downside to having my Curve 8300 unlocked? If ATT will do this for me so I can use local SIMs for local calls while traveling in Europe, is there any reason I wouldn't want the Curve unlocked.

This is not a question about whether ATT will or will not do this, but one of whether there is any downside to unlocking.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    09-18-08 06:27 PM
    Theres no downside. Or atleast I never had a downside with my unlocked berry. If another carrier is offer an app or something that your isnt you can just insert someones sim card from dat carrier and get it.. ats a plus.. sooo
    09-18-08 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD