Hi guys I was still within the return period for my playbook 64gb and managed to return it for a full refund because my playbook had a few issues. The power button would make a click noise after I pressed it, and I found that really annoying. Also I found browsing to be quite laggy at times.

I had ordered a playbook bluetooth keyboard and am wonder if the Google Nexus 7 tablet will work with the bluetooth keyboard. Would be a pretty cool case I think for the Nexus 7.

My only gripe with the Nexus 7 is that it doesn't have hdmi out, an external sd card slot, and the biggest hd you can get for it is 16gb. That's not very many movies IMO. And at the $249 price tag which is about the same for a galaxy tab 7 inch 16gb...makes you think twice.

On the positive note the Nexus 7 will come with Netflix.

So I'm in a bit of a conondrum because I don't know which route to go. But I am gearing towards the Nexus 7 16gb since it'll have a quad core processor. The hdmi port I suppose I can sacrifice. Using the playbook as a media center really isn't that possible any way with the lack of netflix.
    07-21-12 07:46 PM
    Go to the Google Play Store, download the Nexus 7 Guidebook, which is free. On pages 63 and 64 you will find instructions on connecting Bluetooth mice and keyboards. The Nexus 7 Guidebook is a great source of info for the Nexus 7. Do not worry about the lack of storage. I have a 16GB Nexus 7, and even after transferring over all my apps, high resolution photos, HD videos, and several HD movies from my Android phone, I still have over 9GB of free space. All too often people get hung up on the supposed need for tons of storage space. As for the lack of an HDMI out, if you plan on subscribing to Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc...I suggest a $50 Roku device for home connection to your HD monitor or TV (you do not want to run your Nexus 7 for hours at a time when streaming video at home). The Galaxy 7 cannot come close to the Nexus 7. You may want to look into the 10.1" Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. It's $500, but it is the greatest Android tablet ever made.
    Last edited by nextcity; 07-21-12 at 08:21 PM.
    07-21-12 07:59 PM
    That guidebook will automatically be included in your library when you get your Nexus.
    07-21-12 08:25 PM
    I grilled some chicken and shrimp kabobs today...
    07-21-12 10:08 PM
    Amazing how many people come to a Blackberry forum for info on competitor's devices...

Those other guys' forums must be really dead.
    07-21-12 11:31 PM
    Amazing how many people come to a Blackberry forum for info on competitor's devices...

No not really... it's just that they are all here too! PAR-TAY!!!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-21-12 11:37 PM
    OP you said that on a positive note you get netflix on the nexus 7, but i thought you can get netflix on the playbook using the Flix app.
    07-22-12 12:46 AM

He has a Bluetooth Keyboard he paid RIM money for. Why don't you TRY to be helpful and go light on the snarky comments?
    07-22-12 03:01 AM
    I didn't think that the click of a button could bother one so much, that it would form part of the reasons for returning a device. You learn something weird everyday...
    Wongsky likes this.
    07-22-12 04:27 AM
    OP you said that on a positive note you get netflix on the nexus 7, but i thought you can get netflix on the playbook using the Flix app.
    Yes, but only through your pc via wifi, which, is a joke.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    07-22-12 04:33 AM
    That guidebook will automatically be included in your library when you get your Nexus.
    True, but he/she has not purchased the Nexus 7 yet.
    07-22-12 05:50 AM
    It wasn't in my library, I had to download it.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    07-22-12 05:55 AM
    He has a Bluetooth Keyboard he paid RIM money for. Why don't you TRY to be helpful and go light on the snarky comments?
    I didn't try to be helpful because I don't have a Nexus tablet. What you call "snarky" was actually amusement on my part at the irony of how many times I have seen requests for help in this forum for other devices given the amount of "snarky" comments I read here daily regarding the PlayBook and those of us who think it's an excellent device. Sorry my comment rubbed you the wrong way but I included the winkie to try and make the comment light hearted.
    07-22-12 09:16 AM
    I don't understand the power button problem. Mine clicks too when I let it go after pressing but, since I only press it about once a month, it's not a problem. The PB is meant to be on all the time, so I switch it off just to clear the cobwebs every few weeks!
    07-22-12 10:45 AM
    I don't understand the power button problem. Mine clicks too when I let it go after pressing but, since I only press it about once a month, it's not a problem. The PB is meant to be on all the time, so I switch it off just to clear the cobwebs every few weeks!
    Some people are very sensitive.
    MTL likes this.
    07-22-12 11:44 AM
    I have returned the nexus and kept the playbook, would lose to much money if i sold it. I have even replaced the android phone with a Curve 9320 which i find to be really good.
    I love the fact that i can transfer the photos i take with the phone to the playbook over the bridge connection.
    Still finding things on the phone that i like compared to android.
    07-22-12 12:40 PM
    I grilled some chicken and shrimp kabobs today...
    I had some awesome hashbrowns with my eggs today.
    07-22-12 12:44 PM
    Lol! I like the little click my power button makes - lets me know I depressed it all the way & my pb will boot. Guess that's what makes the world go round. Enjoy your new tab.
    07-22-12 12:56 PM
    I didn't try to be helpful because I don't have a Nexus tablet. What you call "snarky" was actually amusement on my part at the irony of how many times I have seen requests for help in this forum for other devices given the amount of "snarky" comments I read here daily regarding the PlayBook and those of us who think it's an excellent device. Sorry my comment rubbed you the wrong way but I included the winkie to try and make the comment light hearted.
    I didn't notice the smilie (which is weird cos it all big and bluey)
    I apologize if my earlier comment rubbed you the wrong way
    07-22-12 02:53 PM
    I had some awesome hashbrowns with my eggs today.
    I had an awsome peanut butter sandwich. hahahaha
    07-22-12 04:06 PM
    I had an awsome peanut butter sandwich. hahahaha

i made the thickest pancakes with real maple syrop. =D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    07-22-12 04:18 PM
    Yes, but only through your pc via wifi, which, is a joke.
    Yeah, because having to go out and buy a completely separate media streaming device (Roku) due to lack of HDMI out isn't a joke...
    07-22-12 04:42 PM
    Yeah, because having to go out and buy a completely separate media streaming device (Roku) due to lack of HDMI out isn't a joke...
    Unless I was at someone else's home and they had no tech, and I can't think of a situation where I would use a tablet of any type to stream to my tv.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Drew808 likes this.
    07-22-12 04:45 PM
    Unless I was at someone else's home and they had no tech, and I can't think of a situation where I would use a tablet of any type to stream to my tv.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Different strokes...

Recently I was at a friends house and we got to talking about boxing. The conversation turned to a particular fight, which I happened to have on my PB (one of my favorites) so I took out my 64GB PlayBook and HDMI cable and hooked it up to his TV so we could review the fight. Couldn't have gotten that fight anywhere else (in a timely manner at least) other than my PlayBook oh and he had two laptops, an iPad 2 and a galaxy s 2 at his disposal.

Another one, my kid was at a bday party recently and I let him watch some episodes of his favorite show on my PlayBook because he was bored. As kids do, the other kids around him started crowding around him to watch too. I took out my hdmi cable, hooked the PB up to a tv they had in the living room and bam, all the kids sat on the couch and floor watching with my kid

So you see, just because you want to defend your nexus 7 by implying that hdmi out is "not that useful" you're portraying only your own needs. And not everyone is like you.
    Last edited by eternalemb; 07-22-12 at 04:57 PM.
    bbvj and jon4400 like this.
    07-22-12 04:54 PM
    power button eh, I think I pushed that once.
    07-22-12 08:23 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD