I've never had a Blackberry before, as I'm switching from a 4 year old iPhone 3gs. I really dislike it. I'm looking at the Blackberry London, but I am interested in having a go at the iconic Blackberry physical keyboard. Does anyone believe in a BB10 slider phone.
    07-21-12 03:52 PM
    Yes....first phone is full touch and second phone which now may come out at the same time is a slider.
    07-21-12 06:38 PM
    Actually the first phone will be Full Touch and the second phone will be the Qwerty Keyboard phone. Thorsten Heins has already confirmed that the second phone will be out very soon after the first touch screen phone.
    07-23-12 12:09 AM
    The N-series and the L-series (full keyboard and full touchscreen, respectively) come out in January.

The M-series (slider) comes out later, two to six months (IDK)
    ItnStln likes this.
    07-23-12 02:29 AM
    The N-series and the L-series (full keyboard and full touchscreen, respectively) come out in January.

The M-series (slider) comes out later, two to six months (IDK)
    Not as far as I have heard as recently as last week. Heins said therer would be a keyboard, never said it would not be a slider.
    07-23-12 08:51 AM
    Not as far as I have heard as recently as last week. Heins said therer would be a keyboard, never said it would not be a slider.
    He was talking about the N-series (think bold 9900 formfactor)

The M-series is the slider. I don't think there's anything official, but I have heard rumours that it is coming out, just later.
    07-23-12 11:23 AM
    Keep in mind that the 'Iconic' BB keyboard is the one in the Bold. The Torch (slider) keyboard is not as nice.
    07-25-12 09:49 AM
    I love the slider, I really truly hope there is a BB10 slider. Anyone at the jam here anything about this? Without the slider I'm not sure which model of bb10 I'd get. Likely the full touch.
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    09-28-12 07:03 AM
    I hope they come up with a slider model in the future I love it I have the the torch 9810 and love to see a next gen bb10 slider with the bold 9900 keyboard. Rim please do a slider style phone for bb10 please!!!
    10-15-12 06:57 PM
    This should have been the 2nd BB10 phone they released. Their 9810/9800 are just great- screen and keyboard.
    01-26-13 08:26 PM
    Its a shame that sliders are not quite as main steam in the hardware world. I've had a 9800 for a few years now and I really love it. You have a full size touch screen to work with AND a querty keyboard when you need it. The best of both worlds.

With a glass top phone you've got a huge compromize by having to type ONLY on glass, and with the "Bold" form factor, you have the keyboard, but youre stuck with a less than full size screen to work with.

The portrait slider is really a great form factor. I really hope that BB10 is enough of a "hit" that RIM finally get's around to making a slider phone...
    01-27-13 02:26 PM
    Agreed 100 percent.
    01-27-13 02:53 PM
    IMHO if Rim actually stepped out of the box and introduced this as their new design.... http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bla...oo-hot-be-true ..... They would be the # 1 smart phone company in the world in less than a year! Personally I think the design of the dev units (which seems to be on par with the design of the Z10 unit) is not only boring, but ugly (again IMHO). The cheap looking plastic does absolutely nothing for it, so here's hoping the actual Z10 is amazingly gorgeous!
    The OS is second to none so the hardware should also be second to none! Please make the "Blade" a reality and get my shares over $100 each!!!
    01-27-13 03:11 PM
    That Blade is out of control beautiful. ONE DAY maybe, one day. That phone design ALONE would draw people in, in a heartbeat- let alone an actual keyboard on deck as a cherry on top!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-27-13 03:23 PM
    IMHO if Rim actually stepped out of the box and introduced this as their new design.... BlackBerry Blade: a BlackBerry 10 phone that's too hot to be true! | CrackBerry.com ..... They would be the # 1 smart phone company in the world in less than a year! Personally I think the design of the dev units (which seems to be on par with the design of the Z10 unit) is not only boring, but ugly (again IMHO). The cheap looking plastic does absolutely nothing for it, so here's hoping the actual Z10 is amazingly gorgeous!
    The OS is second to none so the hardware should also be second to none! Please make the "Blade" a reality and get my shares over $100 each!!!
    Too bad the Blade concept is technically unfeasible and/or would cost thousands of dollars in order for RIM to cover R&D and manufacturing. We're not there yet.
    Not to mention the keyboard would have to be FLAT, unless RIM devises some sort of pop-out keys, which adds complexity and increases the risk of them breaking.
    And I don't think it looks comfortable to hold, with all of it's hard edges

I'm actually getting sick of all of these concepts that give people an unrealistic expectation of what Blackberrys should look like.
    01-27-13 04:10 PM
    I don't think the concept is something that can be "made" but I do think it's a form that they could adhere to or borrow from- to make something very ultra sleek, cutting edge and outside the box. I think the Blade could certainly be used as an inspiration if they choose to jump off that cliff into those kinds of waters . . .
    Stewartj1 and Bbnivende like this.
    01-27-13 04:41 PM
    Its a shame that sliders are not quite as main steam in the hardware world. I've had a 9800 for a few years now and I really love it. You have a full size touch screen to work with AND a querty keyboard when you need it. The best of both worlds.

With a glass top phone you've got a huge compromize by having to type ONLY on glass, and with the "Bold" form factor, you have the keyboard, but youre stuck with a less than full size screen to work with.

The portrait slider is really a great form factor. I really hope that BB10 is enough of a "hit" that RIM finally get's around to making a slider phone...
    Agreed. I truly don't understand why, in 2013, RIM is launching with an old-school QWERTY non-slider form factor. Full-touch and slider should be the form factors--no compromises.
    01-28-13 04:56 PM
    I feel like it is because the Bold form factor was SO VERY well received in contrast to when the Storm/Torch came out . . . . almost like the storm tainted peoples idea of what the torch would be- unless they bought one.

RIM has GOT to know what a powerful punch the 9810 packs- the phone is just awesome.
    01-28-13 11:42 PM
    Agreed. I truly don't understand why, in 2013, RIM is launching with an old-school QWERTY non-slider form factor. Full-touch and slider should be the form factors--no compromises.
    How is a slider a no compromise form factor, while you get both a larger display and a physical keyboard, it is bulkier and heavier and usually has a worse keyboard than the equivalent bold device.

All devices involve some compromises and as a compliment to the z10, the q10 makes far more sense than a slider because its area of no compromise is the keyboard itself.
    01-30-13 11:19 AM
    I cannot say that I agree . . . . there are all very personal preferences but having come from a bold to a torch- the torch is just amazing. Both phones are great. The torch just has a bit more pizazz for those that want a larger screen along with a touch only experience if they want that.

Having said that, I truly believe that the slider is the next in line for BlackBerry and their line up.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:30 AM
    How is a slider a no compromise form factor, while you get both a larger display and a physical keyboard, it is bulkier and heavier and usually has a worse keyboard than the equivalent bold device.

All devices involve some compromises and as a compliment to the z10, the q10 makes far more sense than a slider because its area of no compromise is the keyboard itself.
    Look, buddy, I have a now-bricked 9800 and my old Bold 9000. They are sitting side-by-side on my desk right now. The 9800 is, at most, 1mm thicker, but it's also a couple mm narrower and a couple mm shorter...so I don't know where this "bulkier" business comes from. I will say the 9800 is heavier, but I never noticed until it bricked the other day and I had to migrate back to my 9000.

Define worse keyboard. The 9800, IMO, has a better keyboard than the 9000, which was the "best BB keyboard ever" when it was introduced. While the 9800 is a smaller keyboard, the shapes of the buttons provide better tactile feedback and require less push--it's a snappier keyboard, more "crisp" in operation.

Obviously mileage may vary, but IMO the slider form-factor is no-compromise because you get both the big screen and the keyboard for when you'd prefer it (in my case, I never use the virtual keyboard), and all in a slightly smaller, though slightly heavier, package.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-30-13 12:52 PM
    I'm wanting to know if there's any news on a BlackBerry slider. A BB10 slider would make a great secondary device to complement my Nokia Lumia 920.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-03-13 05:51 PM
    Believe me if there was news you wouldn't need to ask.

It's not like someone is going to go "Oh yeah, i got to try one out the other day. Completely forgot about it until you mentioned it"
    02-03-13 06:33 PM
    It's not like someone is going to go "Oh yeah, i got to try one out the other day. Completely forgot about it until you mentioned it"
    I've done that before!
    02-03-13 07:55 PM
    It will be on the table at some pointe, it's gotta be! I mean other than changing the design a bit- what other form factor or they going to do while releasing 6 phones?!

Maybe that is my HOPE talking! I LOVEEEEEEE the 9810 lol
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-04-13 08:10 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD