Hey gang,

Time is of the essance on this one, and i havent been able to find an exact answer in search.

I have been using my Torch 9800 for awhile now with 4 personal email accounts & Calendars, and about 5000 personal contacts.

I recently started a new job that has some flexibility. They are providing an IPad (i prefer my Playbook, but have no choice here) to demo our Apps and products, but I would rather NOT use the IPhone. I can get access to the BES our company uses, but am wondering what will happen to my persoanl email accounts, calandars and contacts. It has been 3 or 4 years since I was on a BES. I really would love to keep all functionality for both personal and business use, but is this possible?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    07-20-12 09:58 AM
    Good Day Matt,
    A quick question- are you planning to activate your personal device (9800) on your new job BES?
    07-20-12 10:13 AM
    Good Day Matt,
    A quick question- are you planning to activate your personal device (9800) on your new job BES?
    That would be the plan, yes. My other options are; to transition to an Iphone for work only with a seperate number (thus having 2 devices ), abandon the BB and use Iphone for work and personal, or find a way to make my BB work for the corporate BES, as well as personal use. We are given a monthly allowance and are allowed to choose the device.
    07-20-12 10:27 AM
    Well, you have a couple options;
    1. If your company supports Webmail (Outlook Web App) you can set it up using bis account (like a personal account). This will not effect your current data/contacts
    2. Back your device (using custom and select what you want to keep), once completed activate on your new BES and then restore your contacts. As far as your personal email account (unless your BESAdmin denied it through policy) you can always reactivate those accounts.
    07-20-12 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD