Anyone know what the NFC Command is that tapping a phone (9930 in my case) invokes? I finally got NFC pairing to work by essentially writing a tag to the Gateway, using the "NFCL_Toggler" command in NFCShortcuts. Anyone who has paired with NFC, can you look and see?

Thanks for the help.
    07-19-12 09:29 AM
    Not too sure what you mean, I just got the gateway, turned on NFC, and tapped it together to pair.

Anyone know if you can hook it up to the headphone jack to stream music?
    07-21-12 02:33 PM
    Not too sure what you mean, I just got the gateway, turned on NFC, and tapped it together to pair.

Anyone know if you can hook it up to the headphone jack to stream music?
    I am not sure you can. you can hook up the mini plug or stereo RCAs for output and lsten to whatever you hook it to through headphones...unless I am missing something.

As for the original question, I was having an issue pairing with NFC. It worked at first, then stopped. I contacted BlackBerry, scoured forums, to no avail. I finally got it working again by creating a tag and writing it to the Gateway. it basically toggles the Bluetooth on and off. I wondered if that was how it was designed.

Chuck

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-12 02:54 PM
    I think the way the gateway works is that its NFC Tag has informartion about the Gateway, the information that is needed to pair with it like BT MAC address/etc.
    So, instead of doing the usual and combersome thing of putting the Gateway into Discover mode and then search for it from the BB, then confirm the connection on both BB and the Gateway, you just tap the Gateway .

Now, I am not sure if the tap also turns on the BT. Can either of you confirm how it originally worked? Did the tap both turned on Bluetooth and then paired the devices?
    07-22-12 10:50 PM
    I think the way the gateway works is that its NFC Tag has informartion about the Gateway, the information that is needed to pair with it like BT MAC address/etc.
    So, instead of doing the usual and combersome thing of putting the Gateway into Discover mode and then search for it from the BB, then confirm the connection on both BB and the Gateway, you just tap the Gateway .

Now, I am not sure if the tap also turns on the BT. Can either of you confirm how it originally worked? Did the tap both turned on Bluetooth and then paired the devices?
    It paired perfectly the first time. All I had on was NFC, tapped and it paired. it turned on BT and BT stayed on after I tapped to unpair.

The issue started after I was messing around with some shortcuts in NFCTags and I believe I altered tag 1. Long story short, I did all the things they say to clear the Gateway, deleted all NFC tags except one, tried to reinstall NFCTags, deleted all BT settings, etc. Nothing worked. I even contacted BB, but no help (although they tried).

Chuck

07-23-12 06:05 AM
    It paired perfectly the first time. All I had on was NFC, tapped and it paired. it turned on BT and BT stayed on after I tapped to unpair.

The issue started after I was messing around with some shortcuts in NFCTags and I believe I altered tag 1. Long story short, I did all the things they say to clear the Gateway, deleted all NFC tags except one, tried to reinstall NFCTags, deleted all BT settings, etc. Nothing worked. I even contacted BB, but no help (although they tried).

Chuck
    What you mean with "messing around with some shortcuts in NFCTags"?
    07-24-12 10:22 PM
    What you mean with "messing around with some shortcuts in NFCTags"?
    Ok, bad choice of words.

I was creating some new shortcuts and tags and made edits to Tag 1. Not sure if that affected the NFC command for the Gateway.

Anyway, it now works perfectly and it seems to be more due to a minor change I made in a Bluetooth option. Cannot remember which one, unfortunately.

My issue appears to have had nothing to do with NFC Shortcuts.

Cheers!
    07-25-12 06:12 AM
    Ok, bad choice of words.

I was creating some new shortcuts and tags and made edits to Tag 1. Not sure if that affected the NFC command for the Gateway.

Anyway, it now works perfectly and it seems to be more due to a minor change I made in a Bluetooth option. Cannot remember which one, unfortunately.

My issue appears to have had nothing to do with NFC Shortcuts.

Cheers!
    Thank you for the clarification.

Another question:
    What happens if you open NFCShortcuts app and tap the Gateway (make sure NFC and the backlight is on)? Does NFCShortcuts ask you if you want to add the tag?
    07-25-12 03:49 PM
    Thank you for the clarification.

Another question:
    What happens if you open NFCShortcuts app and tap the Gateway (make sure NFC and the backlight is on)? Does NFCShortcuts ask you if you want to add the tag?
    To my surprise, it came up "This is a new NFC tag. Do you want to assign it to aunch something on your BB?".

And it connected to the Gateway before I said "yes" or "no".

Hope this helps.

Last edited by mbanole03; 07-25-12 at 09:39 PM.
    07-25-12 09:36 PM
    To my surprise, it came up "This is a new NFC tag. Do you want to assign it to aunch something on your BB?".

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

That means that you can use the Gateway as an NFC tag for your NFCShortcuts app and you can write a macro to do something after you tap the BB on the Gateway and after it connects to the Gateway automatically.
    dubber_d likes this.
    07-26-12 08:08 PM
    To my surprise, it came up "This is a new NFC tag. Do you want to assign it to launch something on your BB?".

Hope this helps.

Have you tried to set NFCShortcuts to open a Playlist, or Media Music, or even play a song, on your BB when you tap the new Gateway?
    08-14-12 04:48 PM
    not sure what exactly happened, but I found a box under bluetooth that was not checked and this got things working. I think in the end it had nothing to do with shortcuts, just a coincidence.

Chuck

Sent from my Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    dubber_d likes this.
    08-14-12 09:07 PM
    My music gateway has also stop working via NFC, lasted nearly a month before malfunctioned. Im trying to get a replacement from the Blackberry online store.
    10-26-12 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD