I know there have been many issues with loading 7.1 into AT&T 9810s, like mic issues and such. I am sick of 7.0 and my crappy battery life and also sick of no wifi hotspot. Can some one tell me which of the 7.1 versions works for AT&T. Oh yes I almost forgot I know some of the MIC issues have been in certain markets so just for FYI I am in Miami, Fl.

Thanks.
    07-18-12 07:23 PM
    .391 from rogers seems solid for me and my gf's 9810. Never had a crash or a mic issue and had it installed sense it came out
    07-18-12 08:00 PM
    I know there have been many issues with loading 7.1 into AT&T 9810s, like mic issues and such. I am sick of 7.0 and my crappy battery life and also sick of no wifi hotspot. Can some one tell me which of the 7.1 versions works for AT&T. Oh yes I almost forgot I know some of the MIC issues have been in certain markets so just for FYI I am in Miami, Fl.

Thanks.
    First of all - LUCKY YOU!! You live in a city where there have been no reported mic issues - see the list below:

MIC REPORTS FROM CITIES USING .4XX and .5XX OS's ON AT&T:

There were no mic problems reported from anyone in:
    So. California, Chicago, Louisville, Miami, Raleigh (NC), and Texas

Mic problems were reported in the following areas:
    Baltimore, Boise, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Eugene (OR), New Jersey, NY, Central PA, Philly, Phoenix, Portland, Seattle, St. Louis, Wilmington (DE), Washington DC, and Wisconsin

So - since you are good to go with any OS - I would recommend 7.1.0.569 - it is the most current official release, it has the best battery life to date, and it includes the Device Analyzer and Application Resource Monitor additions. You can check out the .569 thread and see people's findings - and best of all, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY MIC ISSUES (at least until you travel to a "problem city" . . .)
    07-18-12 08:11 PM
    I use .378 and it works fine. The wifi hotspot works (use at your own risk). It is very stable for me and battery is usually between 2-3%. I do notice that the memory loss does seem a little higher than some others... but that is not too big of an issue for me.

Now I've not had any mic issues with any builds (I'm in Sacramento, CA), so I cannot comment on that.

I'd definitely try it out!!!!!
    07-18-12 08:33 PM
    I have been looking for a while know and can't seem to find the guide on how to install this OS on my phone. I know I need to delete the vendor files and back up my apps and such but I can't seem to find the how to. I ran into a really good one the other day on Blackberry Empire but I can't seem to locate that one either. I need to improve my searches. Lol
    07-18-12 09:43 PM
    I have been looking for a while know and can't seem to find the guide on how to install this OS on my phone. I know I need to delete the vendor files and back up my apps and such but I can't seem to find the how to. I ran into a really good one the other day on Blackberry Empire but I can't seem to locate that one either. I need to improve my searches. Lol
    It's really pretty simple these days, with the improvements that have been made to loader.exe:

1) Back up your apps, settings, data, etc. using Desktop Manager (I also back up apps using BB Boss 2.2 as a fail over step should I need it)
    2) Uninstall any current BB OS from your PC - I also run a registry cleaner (like CCleaner) after doing so to remove any WIN registry pointers that might cause problems
    3) Install the new BB OS to your PC
    4) Delete one or both vendor.xml files from your PC (as you noted)
    5) Empty the recycle bin on your PC
    5) Connect your device to your PC
    6) Launch loader.exe (you will find this in on your PC in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader) and follow the instructions

That's it - the recent versions of Loader.exe does everything - backs up your app, data and settings - completely wipes your device - installs the new OS, then restores all your apps, data and settings. About the only thing you can do wrong is to disconnect your device prematurely - wait until the loader app tells you the install is completed and it is safe to disconnect.

Hope this helps
    07-18-12 10:40 PM
    I get an error message that says windows can not find C:\Program when looking for loader.exe, and it can not locate vendor.xml

Any guess as to what I am doing wrong?
    07-18-12 11:12 PM
    Sorry but I am a newb when it comes to this kind of stuff.
    07-18-12 11:13 PM
    I get an error message that says windows can not find C:\Program when looking for loader.exe, and it can not locate vendor.xml

Any guess as to what I am doing wrong?
    1) You find the path to loader.exe using Windows Explorer - if you follow the path I detailed, you should find it

2) You will find one of the possible two vendor.xml files in the Apploader folder - there may be a second vendor.xml file located in:

C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML.
    07-18-12 11:48 PM

Thanks.
    You should have hotspot without a request to sign up for a tethering plan or mic problems anywhere if you load .258-.391. Anything in there should be OK. But, if you do hotspot a lot, it may still get noticed and AT&T prevent it from their end.
    07-19-12 12:43 AM
    Still getting the same message when I try to find C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader) in explorer.
    07-20-12 06:42 PM
    This is a great read. Not mine.

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    07-20-12 07:05 PM
    Another one for .378. Have had ZERO issues with it at all. And I was afraid to download because .342 resulted in me having to get a replacement Torch. go with .378, I've been on it for almost a month now and no problems
    07-21-12 10:07 AM
    I live in Baltimore and use .391 with no issues (upgraded to .5+ and had mic issues so downgraded back). It has the hotspot feature available.
    07-21-12 12:52 PM
    I live in Baltimore and use .391 with no issues (upgraded to .5+ and had mic issues so downgraded back). It has the hotspot feature available.
    were can i find 391?
    07-21-12 01:21 PM
    were can i find 391?
    I got it from here,

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-torch-9810-f236/official-blackberry-torch-9810-os-7-1-0-391-rogers-wireless-inc-726681/

Hope it helps ya out. Remember to delete the vendor.xml file if you're not on Rogers.
    07-21-12 07:54 PM
    Anyone using 391 that has a history of touch screen issues with other builds? I have one of the 9810 that seems to only like ATT releases.
    07-23-12 01:57 PM
    Watch for AT&T to release a 7.1 upgrade for the Torch by the end of July
    07-23-12 04:19 PM
    ive heard good things for .378 and .391 (but to use the .318 antenna file in .391).

so im not sure which of the two to use.

anyone identify the differences between the two?

9900/ATT here, in NJ
    07-23-12 08:25 PM
    ive heard good things for .378 and .391 (but to use the .318 antenna file in .391).

so im not sure which of the two to use.

anyone identify the differences between the two?

9900/ATT here, in NJ
    The antenna use in 391 is ungodly terrible. I average 5-6% battery use per hour .. IDLE and all of it from antenna in an area with good reception.
    07-23-12 10:16 PM

Source Please ?
    07-23-12 11:43 PM
    Which I'll probably ignore. It's likely to be a .4xx or .5xx build, if they do release one. Those all require a tethering plan before you can use hotspot. And anything newer than .391 has known mike issues in many AT&T locales, due to what appears to be AT&T tower issues.
    07-24-12 12:07 AM
    Source Please ?
    ....Senior RIM Employee with knowledge of the AT&T account
    Svoloch likes this.
    07-24-12 09:23 AM
    ....Senior RIM Employee with knowledge of the AT&T account
    Can't wait, can't wait at all, I have grown to love the .391 since it settled in and battery problems aren't as high but I really liked .569 for as little time that I had it due to the mic problems.

I hope your info is good because I'm really looking forward to an official update from AT&T, I've complained to them already about not upgrading for 6 months.
    07-25-12 04:43 PM
    Here's another vote for .378.
    07-26-12 11:17 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD