Hi. I'm planning on getting a screen protector for my PlayBook. Some say not having one is better because you don't lose the responsiveness and the screen quality. I'm not sure of which one to get because there are many types. I like the Anti-Glare one (matte) because it reduces fingerprint, doesn't glare, and it feels smooth. However, does this kind of screen protector lose the screen's quality? How about the Crystal Clear screen protectors. They shouldn't affect the quality of the screen right?, though you get glare in the sunlight and visible fingerprints. Anyone have any recommendations? I would also prefer easy installation ones too.

I saw the Tru Anti-Glare HD screen protector and it seems pretty good from the reviews. Has anyone used this before? Is it good? Thanks.
    07-17-12 05:00 PM
    I had an anti-glare on and removed it after 3 days due to the fact that it takes away from the beautiful clear screen on the playbook and it makes videos fuzzy.
    I have a GreatShield Ultra Smooth Clear Screen Protector Film sold on buy.com, 3 for 6.95 with free shipping. Follow the link as I have seen them for 9.99 on buy.com as well.
    I did not use my playbook without a screen protector ever. So I would not know about responsiveness without vs. with, but mine seems to work great.
    I also picked this one because it is a dry intall, I know water and electronics no not mix plus the price was very inexpensive.
    Buy.com - GreatShield Ultra Smooth Clear Screen Protector Film for RIM Blackberry Playbook Tablet (3 Pack)
    I also have a link to a good video on how to install the protector, follow it and you should have a perfect install like I did and believe me it is very hard to tell it is on the screen.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gav3X721qlg[/YT]
    sean000 and rcm1301 like this.
    07-17-12 05:21 PM
    Hi. I'm planning on getting a screen protector for my PlayBook. Some say not having one is better because you don't lose the responsiveness and the screen quality. I'm not sure of which one to get because there are many types. I like the Anti-Glare one (matte) because it reduces fingerprint, doesn't glare, and it feels smooth. However, does this kind of screen protector lose the screen's quality? How about the Crystal Clear screen protectors. They shouldn't affect the quality of the screen right?, though you get glare in the sunlight and visible fingerprints. Anyone have any recommendations? I would also prefer easy installation ones too.

I saw the Tru Anti-Glare HD screen protector and it seems pretty good from the reviews. Has anyone used this before? Is it good? Thanks.
    No screen protector will feel as nice as the actual screen does. I threw mine in a sleeve and then eventually purchased a case for it that would cover the screen when closed. I don't like the cheap plastic feeling and the interference to my viewing pleasure that the screen protectors have. Lol. I am extremely picky though - my recommendation for anyone who is equally picky... don't get a screen protector and take good care of your stuff.
    bb624 likes this.
    07-17-12 05:26 PM
    I like protecting my screen. In the past, I managed to get some tiny grit between a stylus and my PalmPilot and heard this horrendous ripping sound and had a half inch slash.

I, too prefer non-glare. It does reduce the screen clarity a tiny fraction. Unfortunately, I don't recall the small outfit I purchased from. It does not have adhesive or require water/liquid. Just was I'd call vinyl adhesion.
    07-17-12 05:57 PM
    for my handsets and devices (Blackberry's, ipod touch, ipod, camera, calculator) I have purchased those cheap screen protectors.. the ones that are 3x$0.99. I even purchased screen protectors for nintendo ds ($0.50-$1) and installed it on stuff like calipers, calculators and camera lcd screens. I've installed around 12-15 of these. Relatively easy for small screens. For larger screens I have trouble with the alignment or avoiding dust particles. They have been generally great. for my playbook I decided to put a little more cash into its protection.

One of my playbooks came with an Invisible Shield by Zagg included. Its a wet application so no bubbles or issues with alignment. this was great nice protection, but the feeling was kind of rubbery. I've seen videos on how the zagg gets dirty with eventual use. I never noticed this. Sold this playbook, so i dont know more about its current state.

My for my other playbook I installed a Wrapsol screen protector. It was an easy installation for a dry screen protector. I've had it like 8-10 months. Protector is still great. No sign of it wanting to peel off. I like it more because the thing is slimmer and has a more glass like feeling but not as slippery as those cheap protectors.

I've seen some zagg knockoffs sell on ebay. They claim "military" grade protection and the installation is smilar to Zagg (with a liquid or soapy water). I've been with the intention of trying out one of these but havent found the gut. I have a new playbook coming soon might give it a try.

After watching a video of Bla1ze rubbing his keys to his playbook and demonstrating how scratch resistant it is, I've been hesistant and I guess i'll give comando a shot. Otherwise a $6 wet application protector.
    07-17-12 08:05 PM
    I got a matte screen protector cos the screen tends to catch finger print marks a lot..

It did reduce the clarity a bit but nothing i can't live with ..
    07-17-12 08:57 PM
    I like the (matte) screen protector that came with the BodyGuards Carbon Fiber Skin(Black) BTW if you get one, get it in Black (White gets dirty). Black is so sleek and sexy. Whew!!!! Anywho, the screen protector that comes with it is nice. Anti-glare and fingerprint less! I'll admit, I've forgotten how great my screen looks without it, but I've always been just fine with the way it looks with it. And if i'm not mistaken, the naked screen isn't scratch proof. I distinctly remember a scratch on my first PB. Get something and hey if you're not sure what you want you can always buy something different. Screen protectors are incredibly inexpensive. Good Luck!!
    07-18-12 12:49 PM
    Screen protectors are incredibly inexpensive. Good Luck!!
    $30 is inexpensive??
    07-18-12 01:54 PM
    I got the cheapest ones i could find and it's fine...
    07-18-12 03:54 PM
    $30 is inexpensive??
    Ummm wow, of course this all depends on where you get it from. Surely you're not paying $30 for just screen protectors.

I can't remember how much I got my Carbon Fiber Skin for, but I didn't even know it came with a screen protector till I got it. Needless to say, I was paying for that sweet skin anyway. The protector was a perk to me. Anywho, you can find screen protectors incredibly cheap all over the internet. Seriously if you go to a store and pay full price for one, more power to ya. Matter of fact, lemme borrow a buck, since you've got money to blow.
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 07-18-12 at 04:13 PM.
    07-18-12 03:59 PM
    I use 3M privacy screen protector.
    07-19-12 11:37 AM
    Ummm wow, of course this all depends on where you get it from. Surely you're not paying $30 for just screen protectors.

I can't remember how much I got my Carbon Fiber Skin for, but I didn't even know it came with a screen protector till I got it. Needless to say, I was paying for that sweet skin anyway. The protector was a perk to me. Anywho, you can find screen protectors incredibly cheap all over the internet. Seriously if you go to a store and pay full price for one, more power to ya. Matter of fact, lemme borrow a buck, since you've got money to blow.
    Well the InvisibleSHIELD is about that price give or take depending on the retail vendor
    07-19-12 12:40 PM
    I have a Zagg, which is applied wet and squeegeed into place. It cost nearly $30 at Staples, but I was able to swap it from one PB to another with no ill effects when I got my 64G. No distortion of the screen, sometimes feels a bit rubbery, and it will pick up finger schmutz, but it wipes off easily with a cleaning cloth.
    07-19-12 01:00 PM
    If you want quality, then yes. I've tried cheaps ones and the feeling is not good. i'm not a pro installing and there were some bubbles. I use wrapsol and i barely notice it . the feeling is very glass like so I sense no difference from it and the commando screen.

Plus, you get lifetime warranty replacements.

zagg - BlackBerry Playbook Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

wrapsol - Wrapsol

bodyguardz - BlackBerry PlayBook Screen Protectors and Clear Skins by BodyGuardz
    Last edited by alekza; 07-19-12 at 04:55 PM.
    07-19-12 04:52 PM
    My playbook has a fairly noticeable scratch smack dab in the middle of the screen.
    If I were to apply a matte screen protector, would it "blur out" the scratch? Basically the scratch is not noticeable unless the screen has white in the area, which then the screen shows a rainbow esque tint
    07-19-12 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD