I've trawled through the threads, but still can't find an answer to this one. If I delete my media sync folder and download all the music again, it works fine, however it I add new artists, then the berry insists on playing the track *after* the one showing up as now playing.

For instance, if I play track 1, then track 2 actually starts playing with the info for track one, and when track 2 plays, it actually plays track 3 with track 2 album art, information, etc.

If it were a tag issue, I don't think it would play normally if I wipe the media sync folder and start all over again. There must be a way to get the files to reindex themselves, but I can't find it. Its driving me crazy!
    07-17-12 07:00 AM
    Yes I noticed this too and if you try to touchscreen foward it really messes everythoing up

I thought cause I had a 32g card that it was too much rock for the bold but that's a dumb thought since the curve had no issue

What I see is the album cover of the song that should be playing but it really the next song playing (picture a 7000 song shuffle). Now if I try to touch the album cover and move to the next song everything really loses knowing where you're at (sorry don't know how to describe it). But OP is right this needs to be fixed.
    07-17-12 07:09 AM
    Also fwiw I don't trust the bb pc software or any itunes sync software to handle my tunes anymore since they all seem to what to relabel things at will. But even directle adding songs one by one with no sync fixes nothing

With the bold curve playbooks and bb gateway I'm letting the bb handle the tunes but this is a bad problem and I thought it was just me
    07-17-12 07:13 AM
    Yes I noticed this too and if you try to touchscreen foward it really messes everythoing up

I thought cause I had a 32g card that it was too much rock for the bold but that's a dumb thought since the curve had no issue

What I see is the album cover of the song that should be playing but it really the next song playing (picture a 7000 song shuffle). Now if I try to touch the album cover and move to the next song everything really loses knowing where you're at (sorry don't know how to describe it). But OP is right this needs to be fixed.
    So I'm not the only one! The other thing that's started happening is that it will only play one track and then stop. I listen on random the same as you and its SO frustrating, especially when I'm listening to tunes in the shower!
    07-17-12 07:21 AM
    Has bb updated something. Damn same thing happened the first time the other day. I had to manually hit foward or something cause each song quit. It plays the song and when its done acts like its not done. That too just started happening. I have the bb gateway use the nfc to connecy. I dunno it worked fine but the last two weeks there have been issues

Does bb music updates effect the music player

Any BB experts here this is major and if its not just me on both things then bb upgraded something BADLY
    07-17-12 07:29 AM
    So basically the first issue was that the songs displayed was the song behind the one playing But when I first noticed this it still shuffled right and

And now on shuffle songs finish but act like they still have time. I have very neat mp3 organizing so it aint my files.

I thought I had it all confused by trying to spin thru my album covers to find the songh playing

THIS IS MAJOR
    07-17-12 07:33 AM
    I wonder if this issue is related to bug #3 here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-bugs-719128/
    07-17-12 09:38 AM
    Sounds pretty similar indeed...

However I'm really hesitant to perform a partial backup and restore. I upgraded the OS and it was still present on a full backup, however if it reappears after adding new tracks, there's something seriously odd going on that isn't related. I feel there must be a single db that's getting repeatedly corrupted, as the music that shows up on my blackbery desktop manager doesn't refresh the same way it really should. Either its taking waaay to long, or its picking up data from somewhere else as well as the standard windows media player. Not entirely sure.
    07-17-12 10:04 AM
    Not redoing the OS but this has nothing to do with streaming

What I don't understand I didn't have this problem till a week or so ago. And I put it through it paces before that with playing mp3s and no problems

Do updates to bb music effect the media player. Not sure about adding new songs causng this problem. This is with deleting all songs and adding them again manually. No syncs

This suddenly starts happening. First a song behind showing and now the songs act like they never end and u have to manually fast foward. Nah. Some update did this. Just not sure which one
    07-17-12 01:36 PM
    I have this issue as well (Sometimes)

I use my Blackberry to play tunes through my car stereo via Bluetooth. If I play a song it will show the info of the next song on my cars head unit & on the BB screen..

Also I find that my Blackberry sometimes when its half way though playing a song it will cut to half way through a different song for about 10 seconds, then switches back to the right song..

Can be frustrating but it rarely does it.. About twice a week, so not too bothered.

I am running OS7.1

Many Thanks.
    07-18-12 08:40 AM
    I use my two BBs as mp3 players and have never experienced any bugs with my media player. I tried Media Sync once and after that little adventure, never doing that again. I just drag and drop all my music into my mSDcard and it works great.
    07-18-12 09:04 AM
    Talked to a friend of mine who knows a lot more about the whole ecosystem than i ever will. His opinion is there's a database on the actual handset and in the OS that's corrupted, so he's going to raise a case against it to RIM. I know its not a high priority issue, and probably we'll only see the fix in the next version of the firmware, but still at least RIM will be made aware of it.
    07-22-12 12:32 PM
    While I can't find the file or files, at one time the bb phones created an "index" or dbase of its various media files in something named similarly to thumbnail.dat or bbthumbnail.dat or.... Could that file be corrupted?
    07-22-12 02:24 PM
    I was under the impression that thumbnails were just a database for pictures, but if the problem is that it continually gets corrupted, there's going to need to be a more permanent fix. Otherwise, we'll delete, update, sync new files, delete, etc, every time... That's not even a practical workaround seeing how often we pick up new albums or songs or whatnot.

Having said that, there's no way of knowing if that works without trying, right? I'd back up first though
    07-22-12 02:35 PM
    Has anyone tried this on the new .580 OS? Is the issue gone?
    07-30-12 06:57 PM
    Played with it? I hadn't heard of it until now!
    07-31-12 05:12 PM
    OMG this problem is not going away and geeze its just a mp3 player and shouldn't have these troubles. Still plays song that's the next on up and lord don't try to touch foward. Blackberry needs to address this. My stupid lil curve 8530 can handled thousands of songs and this hot new bold can't. Seriously many people have to be having this trbl.
    08-01-12 07:55 AM
    This problem is still a big one. So big that I might have to make a bold decision. Blackberry is not aware how scred up their media player and hey besides playing the next song then the one showing I have found another great roadblock

Play a song have it be in the shuffle$ the song after plays so you can even hit back to play the song u want to hear

Now turn shuffle off and try ti play that song and it plays nothing u can't get the song to move. How do u screw up something as easy as a mp3 player but dang this is just aggravating
    08-06-12 01:12 PM
    All blackberry people experiencing this problem. Speak up. I didn't create this thread but I'm sure having these problems so I know others are like the one that says it has happens to him sometimes which tells me its prob like my situation. It probably been doing it from the start just not noticed

This is ahuge problem with the bold 9930. Are people with 9900 seeing this problem. Man got wasted this weekend and my bold was just making madder and madder with this media player

SPEAK UP EVERYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM. Maybe someone at bb will say hey how can we release bb10 if we can't even make a media player that works
    08-06-12 01:17 PM
    I've had this problem since the newest version of podcast. I don't know if its related, but at the same time I started having podcasts show up under the wrong show, when it starts to download, it freezes that podcast episode list till its done.
    I only listen to music or podcasts over bluetooth as well and also wonder about their bluetooth program being the culpret. If I take a call in the middle of a song, when I hang up, the next song starts from the beginning, even though it shows the previous song half way through.
    For now I've found a fix that seems to work everytime... Calmly (cause I wasn't calm the first couple times) press the previous track button twice. This will re-sync the display to song played. Only problem is you start at the beginning of the previous song. This REALLY sucks for an hour long podcast that was interesting, and 3/4 over.
    08-06-12 05:42 PM
    Decisions and sadly I'm thinking that the stress this has caused is not worth even carrying this phone

Its not bluetooth as it does it with a headphone connection to a cassette tape player in my car. This is like a total disaster. Bb can't even put together a mp3 player for their newest phone yet we are suppose to be excited

All I know my virgin curve 8530 had none of these stupid issues and but I know I'm paying for a contract phone that can't handle a simple media player

AND WHY HASNT BB ACTED LIKE ITS NOT AN ISSUE. The post above just proves another person is finding out the media player is this thing is just crape. I hate slammin bb but this is a deal breaker. And why promote music gateways when this great hi tech bold can't even play the song on the screen but that ver 5 curve has no problems

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 08:34 AM
    I'm having a problem with my new Bold 9900 that I think falls into this category. Whenever I stream over Wi-Fi Music sync the songs start overlapping. If you're an RHCP fan imagine this...Under the Bridge is the track playing, then 3 seconds in, By The Way starts playing over it. So two songs are playing at the same time. This is pissing me off. My Torch 9850 did NOT do this...anyone else having this problem or any suggestions?
    08-21-12 06:09 AM
    Yea that was another fun problem I didn't want to bring up since it can't even show the right song its playing

So I narrowed it down to

It only does it when something is plugged into the headphone jack and

It only does it when sending tunes to a bluetooth (bb music gateway) and

It only does it when it play through the bb speakers.

So does that narrow it down

Did I mention I don't hear these problems from non bold devices from bb. What the f.

And yes I have the dual song problem also and goodluck spinning the albums foward and trying to pause one of them

Dunno but a mp3 player should be at least perfected in over a decade of their existance. The playbook does not have this problem but these bolds are a work

08-21-12 08:53 AM
    Problem fixed. Cancelled phone contract. Get out from under this pos phone for $350 and chalk it up to a big mistake

So I put my 32g card in my curve and it works wihtout flaws but the latest greatest bold can't even handle mp3s. Just chalk this up to an expensive mistake

09-03-12 03:26 PM
    my torch 9810 does this as well, (2 songs play at once and wrong album art) it seems to do it when i plug in the head phones, BLOWS
    09-04-12 04:09 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD