Before I go downloading a bunch of keyboards, I thought I would ask which ones the cb folks use on their device. The gsiii is my first full touch and I'm just not liking the stock keys. Makes me miss my slide out kb but they may be going the way of rim here soon.

P.S. This device rocks!
    07-16-12 07:46 PM
    There's a whole bunch you can try but for me it's SwiftKey 3
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-16-12 08:06 PM
    Before I go downloading a bunch of keyboards, I thought I would ask which ones the cb folks use on their device. The gsiii is my first full touch and I'm just not liking the stock keys. Makes me miss my slide out kb but they may be going the way of rim here soon.

P.S. This device rocks!
    It's a good idea to get ideas here and to try several keyboards and see what you like - everyone is different. Look in the thread HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy SIII, there are some good tips by other posters there. I tried SMart Keyboard, Swype, Swiftkey 3, Touchpal Keyboard, ICS keyboard before coming back to Swiftkey 3. Of all the above I find SwiftKey the best for me. It's customizable and it actually learns how you type/write.
    07-16-12 08:31 PM

P.S. This device rocks!
    My favorites are the stock ICS/Jelly Bean keyboards or Smart Keyboard Pro. Both are in the Play Store.
    07-16-12 09:07 PM
    My favorites are the stock ICS/Jelly Bean keyboards or Smart Keyboard Pro. Both are in the Play Store.
    I'm growing fond of the jelly bean keyboard

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-16-12 10:09 PM
    I might have to try the JB kb. The ICS kb is pretty good and Swiftkey is still annoying.
    07-16-12 10:23 PM
    Man, I have been down this path, not necessarily looking to change the keyboard that is with ICS, but trying to see what else is out there.

To me it has been between Swype Beta (You HAVE to go to their website to get it, the ICS integrated "Continuous Input" mode (or whatever it is called) is nothing like Swype) and SwiftKey 3.

But honestly, I have been using Swype Beta for a long time now, and I'm thinking it is becoming permanent, I find that I type so much faster with swype than swiftkey (if swiftkey had a swype feature I'd be on it in an instant, SwiftKey is so much more beautiful).

My only suggestion is try a few out, see which one you like the most, then delete the others. I just can't wait until Swype comes out of beta/releases an update!
    07-17-12 12:40 AM
    I've been using SwiftKey 3, but I might have to try JB. Trying new keyboards is fun!
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    07-17-12 11:02 AM
    I've been using SwiftKey 3, but I might have to try JB. Trying new keyboards is fun!
    I'm at the point where SwiftKey has learned my typing but I will definitely try the JB kb.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    07-17-12 11:51 AM
    I'm at the point where SwiftKey has learned my typing but I will definitely try the JB kb.

I had to start all over again with SwiftKey since I changed cell providers .
    07-17-12 11:53 AM
    I had to start all over again with SwiftKey since I changed cell providers .
    I downloaded the swype beta and the jellybean keyboard. This is being typed on the jellybean keyboard and it is pretty decent as well. Better than the ICS keyboard.

07-17-12 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD