I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem, but the message and calendar does not always open. I would have to reset my playbook to fix the problem, unfortunately it happens quite a bit eh. Does this have something to do with the integration with our blackberry? I can see why the message act up sometime but why would the calendar not work? I hope they will fix this problem soon, luckily its not such a big deal for me eh.....thanks
    07-16-12 05:23 PM
    Never experienced this before. It's not opening?? Weird
    07-16-12 05:24 PM
    It's only happened to me a few times and it's made much more annoying since it takes ages for the playbook to reboot. May as well check email on another device, check snail mail, run a lap around the block, and maybe it'll almost be done when I get back :P
    Last edited by itmccb; 07-16-12 at 05:33 PM.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    07-16-12 05:29 PM
    Me neither. Try a hard reboot?
    07-16-12 05:29 PM
    I use my calendar and message daily and have never experienced this problem.
    07-16-12 07:56 PM
    Hmm, mines never did that either.
    07-16-12 08:06 PM
    The Android emulator for me sometimes crashes or won't start. A reboot fixes it. But it's like once week.

If I only have to restart the tablet once a week that's fine by me.
    07-16-12 09:20 PM
    Restart you device a couple of.times this showed work out any issues.
    07-16-12 11:33 PM
    I have the same problem, sync to gmail and google calendar. Works fine for a few days or couple of weeks, then suddenly can't connect to server. Only way to get it working is to restart...Not the end of the world, but it is frustrating, particularly because the playbook takes so long to reboot...
    07-17-12 12:48 AM
    Happens to me when I lose my wifi connection - have wifi enabled then roam out of signal range. When I reconnect to a wifi router I am only able to reopen messages/calendar app by going into Settings > Accounts then click the account that says Not Connected, then click Save and Close (without actually changing anything) and give it a few min to reconnect. Once reconnected your e-mail and calendars will resync and you should be able to open.

Took me a while to find that solution, but I haven't had to reset since.

Cheers
    bbmme likes this.
    07-17-12 12:57 AM
    I will give it a try eh. Thanks. Worst case I will do a full format/reboot once I'm home.
    07-17-12 01:03 AM
    Created a thread on this months ago, other too - no fix found

just Blydi annoying.
    brianatbb likes this.
    07-17-12 04:55 AM
    Same thing here, except this is only happening to my email. I hardly use the calendar. Say after a day or two without rebooting, my email client won't be able to receive any new emails and it won't open the older emails that I have on the playbook. The only way is to reboot. Do I have to reboot it every day? No.
    07-17-12 10:09 AM
    Same issue hear with receiving gmail in native messaging. Particularly if I haven't been connected to wifi for a few days.

Annoying, but reboot fixes it.
    07-17-12 10:15 AM
    Never had a problem with either app. Hard reboot might fix it.
    07-17-12 10:17 AM
    Same issue hear with receiving gmail in native messaging. Particularly if I haven't been connected to wifi for a few days.

Annoying, but reboot fixes it.
    I turn my WIFI off and on all the time, since I hotspot at work but never have these issues.
    07-17-12 10:22 AM
    I run into this issue when my Playbook is "overloaded." My Playbook seems to go/run perfectly about 6-7 days before things like the calendar and browser start to slow. They will still work, but the browser will crash more when watching a video and my calendar will take long to load, which to me, is a sign that my Playbook needs rebooting. It is literally about 6-7 days as you can see on your Playbook when the last reboot was.

Rebooting once a week, or once every 6-7 days is not a big deal to me. I've adapted this into my weekly routine
    07-17-12 10:38 AM
    I run into this issue when my Playbook is "overloaded." My Playbook seems to go/run perfectly about 6-7 days before things like the calendar and browser start to slow. They will still work, but the browser will crash more when watching a video and my calendar will take long to load, which to me, is a sign that my Playbook needs rebooting. It is literally about 6-7 days as you can see on your Playbook when the last reboot was.

Rebooting once a week, or once every 6-7 days is not a big deal to me. I've adapted this into my weekly routine
    ....combined with with lots of dietary fibre, you have a model routine
    Last edited by Slalom; 07-17-12 at 09:44 PM.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    07-17-12 09:42 PM

Ya, running the 2.1 beta and I'm in the same boat. It's b/c of memory management. The Latest official 2.0.1 was really stable and would reclaim unused memory. With 2.1 I need to reboot every 5-7 days to clear out the memory. Hopefully, when 2.1 hits officially it will be stable.
    07-17-12 10:58 PM
    I think you and a few others should complain about the spell checker.

My calendar and messages work fine, it's my clock app that's messed up. I always have to open a new clock in order to get the app working. Then I delete the new clock. I have restarted my PB many times and no fix. I believe it is a glitch in my PB circuitry.
    07-17-12 11:07 PM
    This problem apparently surfaced a few months back. Rebooting gets it back up but it can crash within hours, forcing repeated reboots. It affects Calendar too. Not a memory thing. Not a wifi thing. Not an "overloaded" thing. It's a bug that Rim hasn't acknowledged so, not surprisingly, it hasn't fixed. Doesn't affect everyone, but affects lots of PB owners. If it carries over to BB10 it will be the laughingstock of the mobile world. Some people believe that since it doesn't affect them, you're doing something wrong or have a wrong setting. You don't. It's a bug.
    07-18-12 12:08 AM
    Getting worse now, within a few hours after rebooting, the mail app crashes again. Really RIM?
    07-25-12 03:45 PM
    Sometimes it happens to me, the email app unable to load and i must do a restart. I found my work email (IBM Lotus) login is the reason of that. I have 4 email accounts, the 3 Gmail are ok but the work email sometimes popup appeared asking for SMTP password. Every time i cancelled the popup would cause the email app loading stuck forever.
    07-25-12 11:43 PM
    I have never experienced this issue. Try restarting your device. .
    07-25-12 11:47 PM
    @alexhenry read it carefully, it will go away when it's restarted. But within a few hours, it freezes again. So you recommend to restart the playbook every hour or so?
    07-26-12 05:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD