We are expanding our Playbook purchases - Again! 30 this time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're a business, and are now making another round of Playbook purchases (the last batch was 10). Obviously we like what we can do with them.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with bulk buying - instead of just online or thru a retailer? Is there a contact other than the regular website?

FYI - We're using them for our sales and field operating people...

--Field input-retrieve platform for web-based services like Salesforce.com (the screen is much better for inputting than a smartphone). This is for salespeople and also field service people. General SFDC use as well as Workflows (automated routing of multi-person actions).

--General use as companion to BB Bold, Curve and Torch phones for viewing larger email attachments, web access, etc. Some of our emails are just too large, or the attachments are too large, for a smartphone to work really well.

The first item above is a big part of our customer strategy and field performance improvement.

Doing this with any other tablet that we considered would cost us much more $$$$, both up front and also in ongoing monthly fees. $30-40 per month in fees saved is $400-500 per year - more than the tablet cost.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 07-20-12 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Sp
    07-16-12 02:45 PM
    Wow, more already? These must be working out very well for you.
    I've never purchased Playbooks in bulk, only phones, so the same rules probably don't apply. Still, I think you should be able to get a volume discount buying directly from RIM at a quantity that high. If they can't offer you any discount (they are quite discounted already) then I'd suggest asking for extras to be included. whether it's cases or some other accessory, you should never have to purchase in that volume without some sort of incentive/loyalty perk.

Good luck!
    07-16-12 02:51 PM
    Good stuff OP. Considering you're a repeat bulk buyer I'm sure they will be able to do something for you.
    07-16-12 03:15 PM
    Wow! Wonderful news Glassofpinot!

I know nothing of bulk purchases but I would think RIM would be able to do something for you. Good luck!
    07-16-12 03:29 PM
    Great news!
    I would consider going to the BlackBerry website and contacting the partners. They can offer it (or could) at a discount better than the BlackBerry website could.
    I would also consider waiting for CrackBerry to have a Playbook item on sale and then hit them for it. Free shipping and a ton of volume.
    Everyone wins. Especially the lucky people that you get Playbooks for.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    07-16-12 03:57 PM
    Who do you normally purchase IT stuff through? Playbook is available through most wholesale channels, I think, and any major office supplies seller should be able to give you a decent discount on such a large purchase.

Even Staples would probably swing you something.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    07-16-12 04:01 PM
    for what its' worth, our company bought about 100 or so as well a few months back. Not sure if and when they are going to be buying more. Sorry OP I can't help on where / how to purchase. I know they were not done via retail but that's all I know.
    torrejonboy likes this.
    07-16-12 05:12 PM
    We are expanding our Playbook purchases - Again! 30 this time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're a business, and are now making anothrer round of Playbook purchases (the last batch was 10). Obviously we like what we can do with them.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with bulk buying - instead of just online or thru a retailer? Is there a contact other than the regular website?

FYI - We're using them for our sales and field operating people...

--Field input-retrieve platform for web-based services like Salesforce.com (the screen is much better for inputting than a smartphone). This is for salespeople and also field service people. General SFDC use as well as Workflows (automated routing of multi-person actions).

--General use as companion to BB Bold, Curve and Torch phones for viewing larger email attachments, web access, etc. Some of our emails are just too large, or the attachments are too large, for a smartphone to work really well.

The first item above is a big part of our customer strategy and field performance improvement.

Doing this with any other tablet that we considered would cost us much more $$$$, both up front and also in ongoing monthly fees. $30-40 per month in fees saved is $400-500 per year - more than the tablet cost.
    wow 30 new playbooks. Rim should wish to have more customers like you!
    07-16-12 05:31 PM
    Maybe reach out to a few of the high ups at RIM for input. My contacts are all developer related but if you can find a solid marketing director/vp, they could go a long way to helping you.
    07-16-12 11:23 PM
    While i was at the BlackBerry Innovative Forum they definitely did mention something about buying in bulk.. In small numbers if you bought 2 you would get the 3rd free.. They had some other great deal as well. You just gotta find the right channel to go thru at RIM & you should work something out. Try calling direct
    07-16-12 11:50 PM
    This is awesome news glassofpinot! I hope you can get bulk pricing, and I'm sure you will.
    07-17-12 12:14 AM
    I came across this today in some newsletter RIM sent. Might be what you're looking for

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 comes with the best of BlackBerry built in

If you would like to speak to a representative, please email [email protected]
    glassofpinot likes this.
    07-20-12 01:12 PM
    Great job! Keep up the selling and positivity.
    07-20-12 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD