I had a Bold 9900 Unlocked from Telus, only 2 months old. I sold it on eBay but when the seller received it it wouldn't power on.

I got the phone back from the buyer this morning and it will not power on at all. I placed the batter in my own 9900 and its 75% power.

I also hooked up the 9900 to my Mac with BBDM and it wouldn't recognize it.

PLease help
    07-13-12 11:50 AM
    Is there any life, does the red led turn on?
    07-13-12 12:07 PM
    Nothing... Can't get any signs of life from it.

It was in perfect working order prior to sending it
    07-13-12 03:56 PM
    Still, too many stories like this.
    07-13-12 04:03 PM
    Another dead bold 9900

Where is RIM about this issue?

Why they have choose to not say anything.
    07-14-12 12:56 AM
    Another dead bold 9900

Where is RIM about this issue?

Why they have choose to not say anything.
    Is this something that Telus may warranty? I don't really need a $250 paper weight. The only issue see that its a Telus device but I'm not a Telus customer. If they won't would RIM do anything if I contacted them directly for a replaceent handset?
    07-14-12 10:14 PM
    Rim isn't apple, they don't cover warranty for their products the carriers do that. Some devices can be bought directly from rim there is a list on their website. These rim sold devices are covered directly by rim.

In your case you would need to find a telus person, pay him some money to call telus and say his device broke. They usually don't ask where you got it as long as its their device and it has warranty and the screws haven't been tampered with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-14-12 10:41 PM
    are you sure it is the same 9900 you sent? I've had some eBay buyers do some real fishy things.
    07-14-12 11:11 PM
    After doing some digging, I'm screwed. I emailed Telus and they will not warranty the device as it is not activated on their network and it was not unlocked by the carrier.

And RIM will only warranty thru the carrier. Thus there is no solution to this issue. I love my BB but their customer service is brutal.

Might be time to move on to a iPhone or Galaxy...
    07-18-12 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD