I currently have a 9800 with Bell. I found a great deal on a 9810, but it's a rogers locked phone. Now my question is can I get this phone to work on my existing plan with Bell and if so how do I go about doing so. I've read a few threads, but I'm still confused as to the actual transferring of data from one phone to another and after I have it unlocked how exactly do I get it working on the bell network. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    07-12-12 06:19 PM
    How to switch devices.

How to switch BlackBerry devices | CrackBerry.com

BBSAK will backup your apps, but they may not be compatible with os7

You just have to swap the sim card in your old 9800 to your 9810, provided you have already unlocked the cellphone

How to configure my BlackBerry Bold for the Bell Mobility 4G network

Supposedly bell automatically sends you the updated data, but in my experience with another carrier, I had to contact them to set my phone up with the network. (BIS related)
    07-13-12 12:11 AM
    Once unlocked, the device should register itself on and you will be able to get data if your on a blackberry data plan(BIS).

As for transferring content, have the latest BB desktop software BlackBerry - Desktop Software - Canada - US and use device switch wizard to copy.

THanks.
    07-13-12 11:17 AM
    I'm with Fido on an unlocked Bell phone. It's a pretty automatic process. You'll just have to associate the new PIN with your BB ID for BB Protect and App World, but that's pretty painless and almost automatic.
    07-13-12 02:44 PM
    Thank you for your replies! I will get the torch 2 and have it unlocked. Then set it up!
    07-14-12 01:48 AM
    No problem. Enjoy the new phones.
    07-14-12 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD