I have ported AlmostTI to the Blackberry Playbook. It supports TI82, TI83, TI83+, TI85, and TI86 calculators. You need to supply your own ROM file for whichever calculator you want to use.

Installing
    If you don't know how to sideload apps see How to play Scramble With Friends on the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com.

Installer version 1.0.3: AlmostTI-pb-1_0_3_1.bar

Installer version 1.0.2: AlmostTI-pb-1_0_2_2.bar
    - Requires Blackberry Playbook OS 2.1.
    - Removed the case sensitivity from the file loader, general updates, preparation for BB10.

Installer version 1.0.1: AlmostTI-pb-1_0_1_2.bar
    - Added checking of ROM file size to help prevent the use of unsupported ROM dumps.

Installer version 1.0.0: AlmostTI-pb-1_0_0_2.bar

The source can also be downloaded from github.

Loading ROMs
    Run the application once so that it can set up the folders that it needs then place your ROM files in misc/TI/ROM. Make sure that the ROM filenames contain only capital letters.

Credit
    AlmostTI-pb is ported from source code written by Marat Fayzullin.
    Last edited by travisredpath; 03-10-13 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Moved files to sourceforge because github is removing support for uploaded files.
    07-12-12 02:45 PM
    It doesn't work for me, i gave it permission to access my folders and i downloaded a TI-Rom Pack from thepiratebay, added a couple of the roms to misc/TI/ROM and started the app. It says error you do not have any roms.
    07-12-12 03:26 PM
    Make sure that the rom names are all in capital letters (ie. TI83.ROM, TI83P.ROM, etc.). I may have missed checking for lower case names when populating the rom list.
    07-12-12 03:30 PM
    Thank you it works now.
    07-12-12 03:40 PM
    Added you guys to the sticky. thanks!

I'm glad you guys were able to put that AutoLoadRom function to work for your project too.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 07-20-12 at 01:11 PM.
    07-20-12 01:05 PM
    This will come in handy
    08-08-12 05:54 PM
    Is there any way to load applications in the calc ..??
    08-10-12 09:21 PM
    How convenient.

Had a friend show me his nexus tablet today and this app on it. It looked pretty neat and now I get to get it on my playbook

After playing with it for a bit, all I can say is wow. I think I've found my new favourite calculator app. It's just like using my graphing calculator, but without the AA batteries. Really, thanks for porting this over.
    Last edited by Concession; 08-11-12 at 02:58 AM.
    08-11-12 12:51 AM
    1 word:. Brilliant
    08-11-12 06:42 AM
    Is there any way to load applications in the calc ..??
    Unfortunately not. The only way to get applications into AlmostTI is to type them in.
    08-13-12 12:34 PM
    Got the ROMs to load under the new Dev Beta, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Using a fresh debrick installation, so I don't think it's a problem with OS corruption. I can see the keyboard layout, but the display window for the calculator shows up as white and keypresses do nothing.

Any suggestions?
    08-17-12 10:57 AM
    Thank you very much OP.
    08-17-12 10:58 AM
    Got the ROMs to load under the new Dev Beta, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Using a fresh debrick installation, so I don't think it's a problem with OS corruption. I can see the keyboard layout, but the display window for the calculator shows up as white and keypresses do nothing.

Any suggestions?
    Are there any RAM files in misc/TI/RAM? If there are try deleting them (WARNING: this will clear the calculators memory) and see if that fixes it. That's the only thing I can think of right now that might be causing this.
    08-17-12 10:51 PM
    Are there any RAM files in misc/TI/RAM? If there are try deleting them (WARNING: this will clear the calculators memory) and see if that fixes it. That's the only thing I can think of right now that might be causing this.
    Deleted the files, still not working. Any further suggestions?
    08-18-12 06:55 AM
    Did a some more testing to look for additional information.

When the RAM file is present, the calculator screen loads grey but unresponsive. When absent, it loads to white the first time and then grey after that.

None of the TI83, TI83+ or TI86 roms I've tried load successfully, but the TI82 rom I've got still works and loads with no difficulty.

Also, letting the Playbook hit the backlight timeout seems to corrupt the RAM file. It crashes the app as the backlight would normally start to dim.
    Last edited by morlock_man; 08-18-12 at 11:03 AM.
    08-18-12 10:53 AM
    Did a some more testing to look for additional information.

When the RAM file is present, the calculator screen loads grey but unresponsive. When absent, it loads to white the first time and then grey after that.

None of the TI83, TI83+ or TI86 roms I've tried load successfully, but the TI82 rom I've got still works and loads with no difficulty.

Also, letting the Playbook hit the backlight timeout seems to corrupt the RAM file. It crashes the app as the backlight would normally start to dim.
    I think the problem that you are seeing is from your ROM files not being correct for AlmostTI. The only way I could reproduce your errors was to use a ROM file that was bigger than the hardcoded size that AlmostTI was expecting (there was something in it that AlmostTI isn't expecting, I'm not really sure what that might be). I've added a check to AlmostTI so that instead of not loading correctly it informs you if your file is of an incorrect size and then won't load the ROM. I have just added a link to the new installer in the first post. You will need to delete the RAM files of the calculators that aren't working for you before you try a different ROM file otherwise they will load in a bad state and not work. There is also a menu in the new version that you can use to lookup the required sizes of the ROM files.

As for the crash when the backlight starts to dim, this may not actually be a crash. If you leave the calculator idle for long enough it will turn itself off, when it does this AlmostTI closes. If you start the app without a RAM file and there is one created after this event than it was the calculator turning itself off, not a crash.
    08-21-12 03:17 PM
    Great port...Thanks!!!
    08-21-12 07:54 PM
    Tried using 2 83P and a 86 ROMs that matched the byte size, still no go. Made sure to delete the previous .RAM file before trying both.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the corruption/crash is corrupting the .RAM file. If I close the program normally it retains the last calculation shown. If it closes due to the timer, the next time is starts the retained memory shows the first 2 numbers of that stored line repeating and overlapping.
    08-21-12 08:17 PM
    who could show some pictures for this apps? It doesn't work on my PB
    10-13-12 02:32 AM
    who could show some pictures for this apps? It doesn't work on my PB
    Are you getting an error or does it just crash? This is what it will look like for a TI-83+:

AlmostTI for Blackberry Playbook-img_00000030.jpg
    10-14-12 12:01 PM
    Have 82, 83, 85, 86 running on my PB. Many thanks. Very nice.
    10-14-12 06:34 PM
    Just installed it. It seems to only show 4 of the roms:

82, 83, 85 and 86

whereas I have the following ones installed:

TI83PLUS-SE.ROM
    TI84SE.ROM
    TI85.ROM
    TI86.ROM
    TI73.ROM
    TI82.ROM
    TI83.ROM
    TI83PLUS.ROM

Thanks for any information on the missing versions.
    cuong205a likes this.
    10-14-12 10:32 PM
    Just installed it. It seems to only show 4 of the roms:

82, 83, 85 and 86

whereas I have the following ones installed:

TI83PLUS-SE.ROM
    TI84SE.ROM
    TI85.ROM
    TI86.ROM
    TI73.ROM
    TI82.ROM
    TI83.ROM
    TI83PLUS.ROM

Thanks for any information on the missing versions.
    The SE versions as well as the TI-84 and -73 are unfortunately not supported. If you are using the 1.0.1 version take a look at the ROM File Size option in the initial ROM selection window because the name for the TI-83+ rom needs to be TI83P.ROM. The original program was very particular about the rom names and I haven't gotten around to changing that.
    10-14-12 10:53 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. I grabbed both BAR files. One bar did object to the file size of the TI83P.ROM. So I UNinstalled it and installed the other.

Something I did find ODD - when opening an Android app, remnants of the TI-splashscreen (or whatever) showed up while Words-w-friends stabilized - I am running OS 2.1 Official.
    10-15-12 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. I grabbed both BAR files. One bar did object to the file size of the TI83P.ROM. So I UNinstalled it and installed the other.

Something I did find ODD - when opening an Android app, remnants of the TI-splashscreen (or whatever) showed up while Words-w-friends stabilized - I am running OS 2.1 Official.
    Same issue here with the TI splash screen in the background of some other opening screens. Will see if this goes away after a future reboot.
    10-15-12 10:01 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD