My blackberry won't turn on, all I get is long red light blinks. I'm on a mac and have tried Desktop Software, but it doesn't recognize the blackberry. At first it let me try and repair, but when it got to the Waiting for Device to Initialize part, it stopped, as my bb won't turn on. When I plug it in without a battery, it shows the no battery logo, so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the battery.

I'm from Canada but in another country which uses the alternative electricity outlet. I borrowed someone's charger (not mine with a converter attached) so maybe it nuked the battery? Maybe that type of charge isn't compatible with my bb/battery. If that's the case, is it a feasible solution to let the battery drain completely and try charging it with my charger from Canada + a converter?

Thanks in advance, any advice is appreciated. It will be rough not having a cellphone in another country.
    07-12-12 01:14 PM
    try reinstalling the OS

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 02:09 PM
    My blackberry won't turn on, all I get is long red light blinks. I'm on a mac and have tried Desktop Software, but it doesn't recognize the blackberry. At first it let me try and repair, but when it got to the Waiting for Device to Initialize part, it stopped, as my bb won't turn on. When I plug it in without a battery, it shows the no battery logo, so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the battery.

I'm from Canada but in another country which uses the alternative electricity outlet. I borrowed someone's charger (not mine with a converter attached) so maybe it nuked the battery? Maybe that type of charge isn't compatible with my bb/battery. If that's the case, is it a feasible solution to let the battery drain completely and try charging it with my charger from Canada + a converter?

Thanks in advance, any advice is appreciated. It will be rough not having a cellphone in another country.
    This happened to me (phone wouldn't turn on, only flashing red LED) on my 9790 after I attempted an upgrade from 7.x to 7.1x. The instructions on these forums on how to rescue a nuked BlackBerry saved the day, and I'm back up and running with no problems. Sounds like you might want to try that too.
    07-12-12 10:07 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm running os x, do I need Windows to follow the instructions? And do you have the link for the instructions? Thanks again for all the help
    07-13-12 09:08 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm running os x, do I need Windows to follow the instructions? And do you have the link for the instructions? Thanks again for all the help
    Hi Kenny, here you go: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Not sure re: Mac question. I know it worked like a charm on Win7.

Good luck, report back here with how it went!
    Last edited by andy957; 07-13-12 at 02:31 PM.
    07-13-12 02:28 PM
    I would try a new battery first.
    07-13-12 07:18 PM
    I would try a new battery first.
    I see you've been here for a few years but your profile doesn't even list a BB as one of your devices. So are you sure that the battery replacement is the right answer? It wasn't for me, and I went through the same thing just 2 days ago.
    07-13-12 08:17 PM
    I see you've been here for a few years but your profile doesn't even list a BB as one of your devices. So are you sure that the battery replacement is the right answer? It wasn't for me, and I went through the same thing just 2 days ago.
    I used a bb for a long time. Hope that will ease your mind.

The op mentioned that the problem started after trying to charge using someone else's charger from a most likely different current outlet. What would be the harm in trying a new (or at least borrowing ) battery. If it works, great. If not, then he can go through the steps to reload the software.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-13-12 10:52 PM
    Your bold is dead you will need to replace it by a new one.

I know this because I replaced 2 bold 9900 and the third one I have was stolen.

My problems end when I buy a new 9790

Something inside the hardware is wrong with the 9900. RIM knows about this but they have choose to not say anything about this issue.

A lot of people including me has reported that if you charge your phone at night it will be nuked.
    07-14-12 12:55 AM
    @Ike1: Perhaps that was your experience. However it also could be something else (software-related), like I encountered. Following the superb instructions on CB on how to revive a nuked device was the answer for me, it was not a battery or other hardware-related issue.
    07-14-12 10:49 AM
    i have the bold9650 had no problems and now is completely off no charge what so ever tried all chargers, tried numerous youtube suggestions and ideas my computer wont detect it what can i do?
    11-01-12 03:25 PM
    Did the nuke fix, didn't work at first but worked eventually!
    11-22-12 10:01 AM
    doing this process, but im stuck at the Device Application Selection. There is nothing for me to select and to click next...so im stuck at this point...what do i do?
    11-24-12 12:42 PM
    doing this process, but im stuck at the Device Application Selection. There is nothing for me to select and to click next...so im stuck at this point...what do i do?
    Noting,

THERE IS NO FIX FOR A NUKED/BRICKED 9900 - SOMETHING HAPPENS WHILE THE DEVICE IS CHARGING AND CAUSES IT'S FLASH TO CORRUPT. THIS MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RELOAD AN OS SINCE YOU CAN'T CONNECT TO THE JVM ARCHITECTURE.

Sorry for the caps, you need a new device or have your carrier replace it.
    11-24-12 12:46 PM
    I have a BB 9810 and am having the same problem that others on here are having, the device won't turn on, the red light comes on every fifteen to twenty seconds then goes off after 5 seconds. I did what every one else has suggests but nothing happens. I see a few people saying to up grade their OS. How do you up bread your OS if you can't turn the device on????? It's like down loading new software for your computer when it's off.
    Any other suggestions? I don't see a reset button and I've tried the soft re set, that doesn't work. Not sure what else to try.
    02-11-13 12:15 PM
    Hey guys,

I had this problem last night and let my phone charge all night, and nothing. So I went to the AT&T store and it ended up being just a dead battery (which I did think was strange considering this is my fifth BB and I've never had that happen). The guy said it can happen randomly. Since I was still in my year warranty, I got the new battery for free. So those of you with similar problems — this may be the culprit. Hope this helps!

Carlee
    07-31-13 04:38 PM
    So its been awhile since these post. I just bought a 9930 off eBay. It was cheap because the seller said the phone wouldn't turn on, just the red LED light. He was the original owner and swears he doesn't know what happened so he switched to an iPhone. I bought a new OEM charger and battery for it(none has arrived yet). When I get the items, is there a way to make the phone operational? Has there been a for sure fix discovered? I also bought a 9650 in case the 9930 can't be fixed. I'm tired of android and don't like the iPhone. Any direction pointing would be great. THANKS.

Matt
    11-03-13 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD