I just dnloaded the 1.1.1.73 Blackberry Protect update, and something isn't working correctly. At the moment, the BB Protect status is stuck on "Verifying Blackberry ID".

However, I think this is an issue with Blackberry ID rather than BB Protect. I have been getting errors in Appworld regarding the BB ID. I am using the 9810 running 7.0 on AT&T. Anyone else having issues with BB Protect or BB ID?

JCB

Edit: When going to "options - device - BB ID", I get a failure to update info error. I think this is the root of the problem.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 07-11-12 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Added info
    07-11-12 07:12 AM
    Had the exact same issue after updating.

Had to uninstall bb protect ...reboot and reinstall...it updated some bb IDcomponent from within bb protect itself and is working fine now.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    07-11-12 07:20 AM
    I did the same thing. After re-installation of BB Protect, I was prompted to update to the latest version of Blackberry ID. I have no idea how to force an upgrade to Blackberry ID outside of the BB Protect re-install, but this seems to have fixed the problem.
    07-11-12 07:42 AM
    Same problems...
    07-11-12 11:38 AM
    i did what you suggested as i had the same problem, and this corrected it. but don't understand how this fixes it? are we somehow avoiding the update? does rim know there is a problem yet?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-11-12 11:22 PM
    i went to the app store one day and it just asked me to up date my blackberry id?
    07-12-12 04:56 AM
    Same issue.... Just another example of blackberry throwing out an update with out fully testing it.
    07-12-12 01:48 PM
    Same issues and solution as everyone else. I just took a chance that it would be the answer to the problem(seems like removing and re-adding is the answer to all RIM updates) I just thank God that it didnt put in that infinite reboot loop like it was prone to do when I primarily used a 9800.

07-13-12 08:49 PM
    i spoke to a rim tech and he said that delete and re install is the solution to the problem

07-14-12 11:22 AM
    Same phone:same problem. However, I've been unable to delete Blackberry Protect on the phone. There's no delete option if I use the tools/device/application method or if I just try to linger the cursor over the icon. I've even tried using the Desktop Manager. So, how the heck do I delete this so that I can start over?
    07-21-12 10:29 AM
    Shiniquiet - go into blackberry protect and uncheck prevent delete...
    07-21-12 08:13 PM
    i had this problem. somehow there was an option to protect bb protect from deletion that i unchecked to be able to delete it. i think i got to it by going to bb protect thru the setup option. i will double check

07-21-12 09:21 PM
    go to bb menu on bb protect. go to options and uncheck protect bb protect from deletion

07-21-12 09:24 PM
    I just dnloaded the 1.1.1.73 Blackberry Protect update, and something isn't working correctly. At the moment, the BB Protect status is stuck on "Verifying Blackberry ID".

However, I think this is an issue with Blackberry ID rather than BB Protect. I have been getting errors in Appworld regarding the BB ID. I am using the 9810 running 7.0 on AT&T. Anyone else having issues with BB Protect or BB ID?

JCB

Edit: When going to "options - device - BB ID", I get a failure to update info error. I think this is the root of the problem.
    I try to delete some of my device but I don't no how to do it pls
    03-28-15 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD