I use Google Sync to sync appointments from my bb calendar to my associates google calendar since they both use android devices. I did a full wipe on my handheld yesterday as the battery drain is crazy fast (less than five hours). This morning when I went to add a job to the calendar and tried to sync it to google I was confused as I had no google sync icon. I realized it had deleted it as well so I tried to reintall the app but it is no longer available in the uninstalled apps. I remember that google came out about a year ago and said they are refusing to support the app with BB anymore. Is there a way to get this app back or is a subsitutite that I can use in its place?

I depend on this app everyday day in and day out as I own a carpet cleaning company and as clients call my office I add the job to the bb calendar then I sync it to gmail calendar via google sync so my associates that use Android can view the jobs.

Anthony
    07-09-12 08:30 AM
    Here is a link to the cod file.
    Hope this helps.

You will need BBSAK or something similar to install the COD onto your device.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkicf5b6vp...Sync_40_en.cod
    07-09-12 08:33 AM
    Rock on!! I just read a article put out by crackberry on this same subject. It seems that BIS syncing will do the same thing but it won't do it immediately as ppl have said it syncs every four hours ( I hope not).
    07-09-12 08:55 AM
    When I downloaded BBSAK and then tried to download teh sync cod file it said "This vrsn of the file is not compatible with the vrsn of windows you are running". I am running windows 7 64 bit. Ideas or thoughts in regards to this?
    07-09-12 09:22 AM
    I am using BIS sync and it works just fine for me.

But if you MUST use Google Sync:

Download BBSAK. Install it.
    Download the COD file, I have linked earlier. Don't try to run it just yet.
    Launch BBSAK on your computer and then connect your phone to your computer.
    You will have an Install Cod or Modify Cod button on the BBSAK interface.
    Click on that and then select the COD that you downloaded.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 07-10-12 at 05:40 AM.
    aspenedelen likes this.
    07-09-12 11:45 AM
    Thanks for coming to the rescue. Btw, I see you live in Kuwait. You live in a beautiful part of the world.
    07-09-12 12:59 PM
    You are flipping brilliant! Have a fantastic rest of your day!!
    07-09-12 01:11 PM
    Glad I could help.

BTW, as you have already figured out - Google Sync (the app) is no longer available for download from the Google mobile apps website. It is also being mentioned that people who already have it will be able to use it till October and then Google MAY JUST DECIDE to stop the syncing via the already installed app completely.

Suggestion - do try and configure BIS Syncing or at least go through the process and make a note of it, in case you need to.

First - backup everything (always a good idea before messing around).
    Then, make sure that all your calendar and contact entries are on your Google Account. Back up the Google contacts and calendar as well (just in case).
    Delete Google Sync app from your BB device.
    Delete ALL contacts and calendar entries from your BB device.
    Delete Google Account from your BB device.
    Add your Google Account AGAIN on your BB device - this time, making sure to check mark 'synchronisation options' for Calendar and Contacts.

There is no reason why your Calendar events or Contacts would go missing, but just incase they do, you do have the backups.

In my experience - any changes made on the BB (to calendar or contacts) are pretty much reflected instantly on the Google Account.

Any changes made on the Google Account - may take longer to reflect on the BB Device (at times experienced this when updating / adding contacts to my Google Account), BUT if you do want the contact list updated instantly, simply go to the Contact Options on the device - uncheck 'wireless sync' for the particular Contact List (in the Contact List Options).
    Save.

At this point, you will get an email that sync has been disabled.
    Now, go back to the Contact Options and go to the Contact List Options and RECHECK 'wireless sync'.

This is more like a manual sync.
    07-09-12 04:27 PM
    Any way to sync your subscribed calendars to your phone, not just your main one?
    07-09-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD