I have an old 9930, the screen cracked, I tried to replace it myself but the phone turns on but no screen, so I can't even wipe it to sell. I went and tried a torch and then an iPhone and I just really want the 9930 back.

My question is if I buy this 9930 with no sim card off eBay, can I just take the sim card from my old 9930 And pop it in this one off eBay? They are both Verizon phones...
    07-08-12 02:31 PM
    If VZW is your carrier, the SIM is not used except for international roaming. You can buy any VZW device, provided the ESN is clean and the PIN has not been blocked. If you are using VZW, you could use the 9930 without even inserting the SIM. CDMA does not use SIM cards. The SIM in VZW world phones is for international roaming on GSM carriers.
    07-08-12 02:38 PM
    I principle, yes you can. The new 9930 has to work. It is hard to give a 100% guarantee on a forum but it should work.

There's more good new too. If you install thr Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC there is a function within Dm that is called Device Switch. Put a good battery in your old 9930 and start Device Swich. DM wil now copy all you personal data and apps into a Backup file. When it asks for the new 9930 it will copy all your stuff onto the new phone.

Once al this works, you can now use Desktop Manager to erase all your data from the old phone KB02318-How to delete all data or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone

Sell the old phone on ebay a broken for spares or repair. Mention that you have a new screen in it. You should easily get $50.

Since this is a CDMA phoen now you need to call Verizon or whoever is your carrier and get them to connect you up. Verizon will only allow Verizon phones onto their network so if you are on Verizon make sure that the new phone is Verizon too.
    07-08-12 02:40 PM
    Alrighty then, looks like it's a go then! Thank you!
    07-08-12 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD