hi all
    i have read most of the "dead 9900" threads in here , all of the same symptoms but none is acting like my phone when trying to fix it ...my phone just doesn't stay connected so i can do the software loading...
    first of all ,it happened when i bought a new memory card, i turned off my phone , removed the battery, installed the memory card , installed the battery back ,phone won't start ....i tried another battery (my sister's phone which was full) assuming that my battery was empty , same result
    when installing the battery the red LED comes on for about 5 seconds and goes off , then stays off for about 20 seconds then comes on for 5 seconds and so on ....
    i downloaded the latest device software and installed it along with DM on my PC trying to use apploader , i followed every advice mentioned in all threads about this issue ( removing the battery then plugging the usb ,pressing alt + aA+del, holding the back key ...) when i plug in my phone with or without battery the apploader immediately recognizes the phone and it shows (USB:mypin) it does not show USB:UNKNOWN ..so i press next trying to go to the next page ..it says connecting to arm then i hear the sound of usb disconnect and USB:MYPIN disappears then it appears again then disappears then if i press next a message appears: "a fatal error occurred when updating your device " the loader closes ....
    i have tried: 4 different usb cables , 2 batteries , 4 different computers , 2 of them is xp the other is 7 32bit and my PC is 7 64 bit ....all of them same results ...the phone just won't stay connected so i can apply the software reload ...my phone is only 2 months old and is still like new, the usb port on the phone is also new i have used it about 3 times only, the last time was last week i did a back up ..not to forget to mention i bought it without warranty so i can't return it ...
    any solutions ?
    thanks a lot for your time reading this long thread
    07-08-12 10:58 AM
    Have you tried removing the memory card to see if it helps. Also try plugging the phone to the wall charger with out the battery,once the red led is on install the battery.
    07-08-12 01:10 PM
    The best way is to try to start it without the card. Btw, what kind of card/capacity/speed you inserted? Maybe it is just not compatible with BB?
    07-08-12 03:13 PM
    Your 9900 is dead.

Go where you buy it and ask for a new one.

If after 3 phones you are tired like me of the 9900 then buy a 9790 your problems will end until you do that.
    07-08-12 08:04 PM
    i already tried with and without sim and with and without memory card same results , it will not stay connected till i can make the software reload
    07-09-12 08:25 AM
    once you press next do not press it again, the system will loop until it connects.. if you press next again it will just pop up with that error everytime.. hope this helps you get past the original problem
    07-10-12 02:31 PM
    once you press next do not press it again, the system will loop until it connects.. if you press next again it will just pop up with that error everytime.. hope this helps you get past the original problem
    thank you ..i did what you said and i got past this windows and went through reloading the software ...a status windows appeared after i pressed finish...first step was like preparing software and then connecting to JVM on waiting for device initialization then a message appears saying : "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry" i pressed retry for about 50 times with no success ....
    07-11-12 06:51 PM
    This happened to me twice, Rogers replaced the device both times. Both new devices had new IMEI's and pins. I guess they couldn't fix it. Hope you have warranty!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-11-12 09:26 PM
    i dismantled my phone 3 days ago just try to see if i can find any visible hardware damage or anything and i left it apart for 2 days and forgot it , yesterday night i decided to put it back and i tried to connect it to the pc so i did and i used the loader method and it worked without any problems now it's up and working ...i guess something changed or moved when i left the phone without battery for 2 days ...
    07-20-12 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD