gotta think that it should be easy to get an extra half inch of screen size on the bold by removing the the 5 standard keys and making it a little bigger ..... would be the perfect phone .... unless you are someone who needs a phone to play games or watch videos .... what a bunch of saps
    ike1973 likes this.
    07-05-12 02:22 PM
    I'd be happy with the bolds size just with bb10 inside.
    07-05-12 03:07 PM
    I agree, it should be easy to get more screen real estate. If you look at the mock up on the main page they should be able to get rid of some of the wasted space at the top and bottom of the phone too. Put the space bar right at the bottom at the LED/camera/speaker right at the top.

screen size on bb10 bold-new-blackberry-10-physical-keyboard.jpg
    07-05-12 03:16 PM
    This has been my favourite concept so far.

kbz1960, Taktalok and Andrew-NYC like this.
    07-05-12 03:22 PM
    I'm sure it won't be past 3.5". A huge screen with a keyboard
    is not very appealing, so I'm guessing between 3.2"-3.5"
    I would not mind a 3.2" screen bold with BB10 internals
    07-05-12 08:15 PM
    Like I probably said before, I wanna see both a Bold sized and a 9860 sized BB10 phone, which are my current drivers at the moment for BB7.

I think both with updated BB10 software would be just fine with me, even with the physical buttons being there.
    Darth Matin likes this.
    07-05-12 08:27 PM
    The current Bold 99xx has a 2.8'' screen. Making a BB10 Bold have a 3.0'' or 3.2'' square like screen would seem ideal, anything bigger would seem like too much with a qwerty keyboard, IMHO. I do hope they have a trackpad, but I doubt it will in early models.

Also keep in mind the current slider keyboard Torches, 9800/9810 have 3.2'' long rectangular screens and the 5 iPhone models have had 3.5'' screens with no keyboards.

Often video display on webistes is in a standard aspect ratio is closer to being square like than the long letterboxed rectangle display we see as the norm on smartphones now. So the letterbox sometimes even on the biggest smartphone screen can waste some space on the letterbox at times.
    07-05-12 08:42 PM
    This has been my favourite concept so far.

Click to view quoted image
    If BB10 is all that it's promised to be and the bold is something like this I would def check out. If they keep the trackpad and the smaller screen then no thanks. I have come to really like the 3.5" screen on the iphone. 3.2 would seem like a sweet spot for the bold. 3.5 to 4 for full touch. Anything bigger than that is too much for this guy!
    07-05-12 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD