I know we have been hit with a few bombs recently and can understand some of the negative sentiment round here now.

BUT SERIOUSLY.... I don't want a repeat of Ghostbusters II and have pink goop start leaking out of my screens and devices.
    07-05-12 06:19 AM
    I think it has calmed down the last few days. People get angry as a first reaction. On the shock and anger wear off, then things should settle down a bit.
    07-05-12 06:21 AM
    I keep a psychic disturbance neutraliser near my desk for any sudden infestations. And found that a tiny dab of hand sanitising gel works wonders on screens.
    07-05-12 06:23 AM
    I just drink
    07-05-12 06:26 AM
    To be on the safe side, Kevin needs to capture said goop if it does manifest. Play sweet music to it, take it to bed, show it demo's of BB10 so then if we have... to we can soak the Statue of Liberty in the stuff... take t the streets and take on the RIM hating trolls.

Just a thought!
    07-05-12 06:38 AM
    Oh my. I don't hate RIM. I am not a troll. But I do get a kick out of reading threads like this. If it makes you feel better than great.

And I don't care to see any more demos of BB10, I want to see real products.

Then the people who are laughing at RIM will say "hey, you were right". Until then, RIM has a lot of work to do.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-12 06:48 AM
    The mood around here reminds me of my ex-wife , ups and downs and even sideways sometimes. If she was a BlackBerry we would still be together .
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-12 06:50 AM
    Wwwwiiiiiinnnnnnssssssttttttttoooooooonnnnnn!
    Deu2e likes this.
    07-05-12 07:00 AM
    Oh my. I don't hate RIM. I am not a troll. But I do get a kick out of reading threads like this. If it makes you feel better than great.

Then the people who are laughing at RIM will say "hey, you were right". Until then, RIM has a lot of work to do.
    I don't think you quite saw the tongue in my cheek did you
    07-05-12 07:03 AM
    Yes, I've been angry at RIM...the initial problems with my 9930 angered me.
    Yes, I was severely disappointed with the BB10 delay.
    Yes, I'm VERY concerned about RIM's future, because.....

No other platform that I have used (and I have used all except for Symbian) works for me, my life and my work as well as Blackberry. I like how it manages my communication, so effortlessly. I am hugely dependent on BBM and has proven to me three times already that it is a communication solution that continues to work when others have failed me. I like the devices, I love how they work.

So....I have said some harsh things regarding how angry I was at my 9930 problems and I have been very depressed regarding the future, but I am steadfastedly continuing to use my BBerries above all others.

IT WORKS FOR ME. Better than anything else. And I say that as I've got a Skyrocket charging, which I happen to really like, and having shipped off my 4S away to someone who needed a phone because I simply could not love it.

So...I'm speaking from personal experience.

Might try a Lumia next....but NEVER instead of my BB. My BB goes with me absolutely everywhere....except the shower.....
    07-05-12 07:04 AM
    I don't think you quite saw the tongue in my cheek did you
    Given some of the vile and venom spewed on all sides over the last couple of days, I must have missed it.

Clearly we need Walter Peck to handle this
    07-05-12 07:08 AM
    Given some of the vile and venom spewed on all sides over the last couple of days, I must have missed it.

Clearly we need Walter Peck to handle this
    He'd want the whole site shut down
    07-05-12 07:18 AM

Maybe you don't outwardly hate on RIM, but this response of yours from the Trolling Trash thread, which strongly suggests a pretty disdainful attitude toward the long-standing BlackBerry faithful here, is a big part of what I believe the OP is talking about.

Yes, we are fully aware that everything is not fine and will remain not fine for the foreseeable future. We are fully aware that RIM still has a lot of work to do, and, contrary to the rising popular belief, we do not require constant lecturing about the obvious. If it troubles you that most of us here are trying to remain positive through this crapstorm, then perhaps you might consider pursuing your presumptuous enlightenment elsewhere.

So everyone who disagrees with you is a troll and has to be taken out with the trash.

I guess everyone should just say "everything is fine" and move on.

I think you may have to toughen up and expect a lot of bad news for at least two more quarters. You may not like it, but the RIM of the past (with accompanying happy news and joy) is long gone.
    07-05-12 07:19 AM
    And anyone who suggests that blind faith is a bad thing is summarily slammed and dismissed. Many deny the obvious (which must not be so obvious) and call those that don't follow them (off the cliff?) as trolls.

I have no distain whatsoever for the long standing RIM faithful. I was given a 950 by RIM in 1999 and kept using a BlackBerry until one month ago when I got tired of the 9900, and there was nothing (repeat - NOTHING) available or even on the short term horizon. I was faithful, to a fault. We just see the future differently.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    07-05-12 07:25 AM
    We're talking about a PHONE, for God's sake. I fail to see what can be bad about having blind faith in something as inconsequential as that.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    07-05-12 07:33 AM
    Given that perspective (it is just a PHONE) then people shouldn't get so upset when someone else suggests that they disagree with their choice.

I agree with you - it's just a PHONE. So if someone thinks their Android is a great device then people can say "good, if that works for you" instead of

why are you so negative and why don't you think BB 10 is the greatest ecosystem user experience ever and why are you such a troll and RIM is great..

At the same time the discussions can not be "everything is fine" and "all the problems are obvious". There is some middle ground.
    07-05-12 07:46 AM
    I think everyone has gone back to using their Blackberry phones and found that all is fine with the world. Plus I think many minds have wrapped around the idea that BB10 will arrive next year, and realizing everything isn't too bad after all.

At least I know I still have full faith RIM can pull this off.
    07-05-12 08:27 AM
    (covering ears ) lalala lalala I can't hear you.

07-05-12 08:36 AM
    in the meantime I'm still using my 9780, while keeping an eye on ebay for a BB7 device.

THAT or a carrier offers my an AMAZING deal over 12 months.... might freeze over sooner.
    07-05-12 08:38 AM
    THAT or a carrier offers my an AMAZING deal over 12 months.... might freeze over sooner.
    good luck on that one :-))
    07-05-12 08:40 AM
    Bad news washed more garbage (trolls) onto our shores...they start negative garbage threads

E.g. Ridiculous ways to 'spell-out' RIM...then "T.H is a pedophile"...then BB10's innovative keyboard is not great...and this just from one troll
    MasterOfBinary and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-12 08:41 AM
    I'm beginning to wonder if Crackberry is a site to HELP BLACKBERRY OWNERS or to BASH BLACKBERRY PRODUCTS......it's getting very hard to tell the difference
    07-05-12 08:46 AM
    Just don't paint everyone who disagrees with your opinions and RIM beliefs as a troll.
    pantlesspenguin and Rello like this.
    07-05-12 08:47 AM
    Just don't paint everyone who disagrees with your opinions and RIM beliefs as a troll.
    I like discussion and a different point of view, don't worry you sir are not King Troll....
    07-05-12 08:55 AM
    Bad news washed more garbage (trolls) onto our shores...they start negative garbage threads

E.g. Ridiculous ways to 'spell-out' RIM...then "T.H is a pedophile"...then BB10's innovative keyboard is not great...and this just from one troll
    Wait...what?!??!!? Would you please PM me where TH was called a pedophile....
    07-05-12 08:59 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD