Have a strange problem with Endomondo Pro for about a month. I was running along the road but the app recorded differently. Attached you can see how the app records my route.

I used to share by running on Facebook but it fails to share since about the time I upgrade to .523. Cannot tell if they are related.

I am using Bold 9900.

Anyone can help?

Thanks.
    07-03-12 07:09 PM
    How many times has that happened?

Though I never found a fix, my 9300 and 9700 both did that after awhile. My GPS stopped working on both devices all together. I haven't tried using them in months, though, and the GPS on my 9900 (and I use Endomondo for all my workouts, which have been 4 or 5 days a week the last few weeks) is pretty good. As good as I'd expect it to be considering I leave it in my pocket while I run.

I used to use a program called GPSLogger. It uses the same API, but for some reason always seemed to hold a better and stronger GPS fix than most other apps. So maybe try that or another GPS program to try and get a more solid fix.
    07-04-12 06:50 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I have this problem since June 26. I work out normally twice a week. I'll try some other app such as runtastic to see if the problem persists.
    07-04-12 10:20 PM
    Im having problems with runtastic on my 9900... Stops tracking the map and km and everything... Just keeps the time going... At the end doesnt count half of what i did.. I guess ill try endomondo?
    07-31-12 06:09 PM
    My GPS Navigator has not worked (signal locks for 35 seconds, then no GPS for 45 seconds, and the cycle repeats endlessly)... GPS also failing in all maps with the same disturbing cycle (Google, bb traffic, bb maps, etc...)... Was thinking of calling RIM support to find out if this is a hardware issue... My 9700 and 9790 worked flawlessly with GPS... Very annoying as I rely on GPS Navigator when I am out of town... Perhaps someone here can shed some light on what now seems not be an isolated problem... Thanks,
    07-31-12 07:49 PM
    I use Endomondo as well and I was having problems with the GPS locating my position. Read somewhere that the Weather Network app conflicted with it so I uninstalled the weather Network and I haven't had a problem since.
    08-01-12 10:37 AM
    I try runtastic at the same time running Endomondo Pro on my Bold 9900. Runtastic has no problem tracking my route but Endomondo Pro produces the same problem. Checked on Endomondo website and found this has been an issue for quite a time.
    08-01-12 05:05 PM
    I've had a problem with Endomondo dropping out at times. The conflict was caused by BeWeather automatically updating. I set BeWeather to manual updates and the problem ceased.
    08-01-12 06:41 PM
    I've had a problem with Endomondo dropping out at times. The conflict was caused by BeWeather automatically updating. I set BeWeather to manual updates and the problem ceased.
    Lucky you. I have BeWeather update manually since day 1, and I have this problem. Maybe some other apps? Need to take some time to find it out.
    08-02-12 12:11 AM
    OP's problem looks like accidentally hitting the 'Pause' button to me. I have intermittent issues with waviness in the tracking but nothing like that.
    08-03-12 03:15 AM
    Hmm, i've been using endomondo almost everyday. No such issues. The tracking is pretty consistent every time. Could it be another app running in the background using the GPS as well, thus causing endomondo to drop signal?
    08-03-12 04:42 AM
    I this program everyday and for the life of me I don't know why. Oh yea cause the realeased a playbook app but

No switch app is inexcusible but the workaround is hit the side button ant d close what ever programs open and then u can get back to other programs like playing a different podcast. Just insane to use only premade up playlist

Oh yea why no backups automatically in the phone. I just lost all my data cause of the recent os upgrade. Great feature don't understand how the web still has the info and it won't redownload to all of to the program on the phone

Guess developers don't use a program after they make it to fix easy problems
    08-06-12 01:02 PM
    I had a similar problem but less drastic as your map. Go to your location settings, change location data and location aiding both to disable. That seemed to fix my problem, hopefully it fixes yours also.
    W1z likes this.
    08-06-12 05:05 PM
    OP's problem looks like accidentally hitting the 'Pause' button to me.
    Initially I think you are right, but then I remember I have the phone locked while running, so it shouldn't be the case.
    08-08-12 05:04 PM
    I had a similar problem but less drastic as your map. Go to your location settings, change location data and location aiding both to disable. That seemed to fix my problem, hopefully it fixes yours also.
    Tried and ran last night, problem seems fixed. Thanks for your advice.

Update August 12, 2012:
    Endomondo problem not fixed. It happens again. Runtastic records the route correctly. I give up.
    Last edited by kingchan; 08-12-12 at 08:45 PM.
    08-08-12 05:05 PM
    Tried and ran last night, problem seems fixed. Thanks for your advice.

Update August 12, 2012:
    Endomondo problem not fixed. It happens again. Runtastic records the route correctly. I give up.
    My Blackberry Torch was working great until I did an update for the Blackberry OS. Then it had a lot of problems freezing, not locating GPS, uncaught exceptions, etc...

All the problems were fixed when I ensured that all applications (eg. BBM) were fully updated to the latest versions. I used it today and it was quick to locate the GPS and NO freezing problems anymore. Hopefully this helps others.
    03-28-13 01:05 PM
    The GPS on my 9900 stopped working around last summer! I couldn't get the sat nav app I had to pick up satellites. Google Maps could still find me but I guess that was cellular assisted!

In fact I think it was Runtastic that managed to give me this amazing screen shot!
    Problem with Endomondo or GPS?-screen_20121211_185028.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:11 PM
    Thank you sir, this solved my problem.
    05-13-13 04:44 AM
    Hi
    I had similar delays in locating GPS on my BlackBerry Bold 9300 then discovered that the locator option on my built in camera was on too making it harder for Endomondo Pro to locate GPS. It is a good habit to turn off any GPS location option on your phone because it does drain the battery fast.
    12-11-13 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD