Are there any other smartphones out there that use an LED notification like Blackberry phones do? I consider this a very important feature.
    07-03-12 05:03 PM
    Asked a friend of mine that same question about her Iphone. She had me text her and she showed me that her camera would flash when she received a message. I asked if it constantly flashed until she checked her messages? She said it did flash constantly ,but she couldn't get it to repeat ...not to mention she had to lay it down on its face for the flash to be visible.
    07-03-12 05:33 PM
    Camera flash would be a horrible idea... That uses way more battery than a standard led for notifications.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-03-12 05:37 PM
    i have a droid 2 that has a green led flash when i get any messege. i dont know if the other droids have a flash,but i will assune they do.
    07-03-12 05:40 PM
    Camera flash would be a horrible idea... That uses way more battery than a standard led for notifications.
    That's what I was thinking...maybe someone with an Iphone could post and clarify this for us.
    07-03-12 05:44 PM
    I had LED on my last Android device, and have one on my current one. Not as customizable as BB's out of the box, but suitable for my notification needs.
    07-03-12 06:10 PM
    Some phones have customizable LEDs, you just have to be careful. Every phone can handle them completely different...
    -some phones don't have multi-color support or only certain color support
    -some phones don't support the same level of customization
    -you don't generally have the same kind of profile system, so even if you have a multi-color LED it's not as customizable.
    07-03-12 06:24 PM
    My Galaxy Nexus' LED with the lightflow app is as customizable as any BB I've owned with Berrybuzz.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-03-12 06:59 PM
    The known issues list for lightflow pretty much sum up the problems:
    Known issues/Limitations
    -------------------------
    Not all phones support all colors.
    For example: Most HTC phones only support 3 colors and require "Rooting" and running the app in "direct mode"

Some phones can only light up the notification while the screen is off.

Some phones cannot have their notification light always on

Some phones cannot have their notification blink and it will always be on

Note that it will take over control of your notifications and you will therefore only get notifications for categories that the app allows.
    07-03-12 07:08 PM
    I must be the only one that is satisfied with one color? LOL.

I only have emails, texts and social networking messages...
    07-03-12 07:12 PM
    I love the LED on my GNex. 16 million colors.

Emails are various shades of red depending on which email account. Dark red for work email, which is most important. Least important email account is light pink.

Text messages and IMs are blue, same concept. Darkest blue most important, up to cyan for least important.

Yellow to Green for charging status.

Purples for social networking. Dark purple for Google+, up to light purples for Facebook.

White for OS notifications (app updates, missed calls, etc)

At a glance I know what type of notification and the severity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-03-12 09:03 PM
    lightflow on the nexus is pretty bad a$$
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-03-12 09:31 PM
    The One X from HTC also has LED notifications.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-12 09:35 PM
    Wonder how it work on my device...

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    07-03-12 10:45 PM
    lightflow on the nexus is pretty bad a$$
    Galaxy Nexus has a pretty decent one and I think it gets the job done, but I still don't think it's as bright as it is on BlackBerry devices.
    07-04-12 08:01 AM
    Asked a friend of mine that same question about her Iphone. She had me text her and she showed me that her camera would flash when she received a message. I asked if it constantly flashed until she checked her messages? She said it did flash constantly ,but she couldn't get it to repeat ...not to mention she had to lay it down on its face for the flash to be visible.
    I haven't seen this on any of my friends iphones.. I'll have to ask them.

To be honest, notification light and email is pretty much the only thing that keeps me with BB. If my next phone isn't a BB it will definitely need it!
    07-04-12 03:44 PM
    Which ones of these have a removable battery also?
    07-04-12 03:52 PM
    Most HTC phones have an led light. iPhones don't have one.
    07-04-12 04:38 PM
    Samsung Galaxy s3 has led notifications and a removable battery.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-04-12 04:57 PM
    Samsung Galaxy s3 has led notifications and a removable battery.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus also has led notifications and a removable battery.

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped device
    07-04-12 05:10 PM
    Most HTC phones have an led light. iPhones don't have one.
    The thunderbolt had a led but it was one of the most useless and non-customizable ones imaginable
    07-04-12 07:33 PM
    The thunderbolt had a led but it was one of the most useless and non-customizable ones imaginable
    I don't customize the led on my Vivid. I just like the blinking green light.
    07-04-12 09:13 PM
    The Samsung Galaxy S3 has LED notifications as well as a removable battery door and the ability to accomodate a 64 GB micro SD card. I am using my 32GB card from my 9810.
    07-04-12 09:53 PM
    My iPhone has the camera flaw notifications... But it sux. Can't get it to keep blinking, nor do I like the idea of laying my phone face down to see it. Terrible idea. I sometimes wonder if the future versions will actually have an led notification on the front of the phone.
    07-04-12 10:41 PM
    The one thing that I like about my GS3 and 9900 as well as my other berries were how they could be customized to make the UX more enjoyable. Not a big fan of the uni-body design of the i4 and HOX. I think you will enjoy the larger GS3 screen size. The iPhone will have a screen almost a full inch smaller. Smart Stay is a nice feature of the GS3. The camera of the GS3 is way better than the i4s but that is just opinion based upon looking at my wife's i4s. A LED notification app that works on the GS3 is coming soon so I will miss BeBuzz less.
    07-04-12 10:51 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD