View Poll Results: Would You Pre-Order Your Blackberry 10 Now?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 55.47%
  • No Way

35 25.55%
  • Maybe in 3-4 months

26 18.98%
    If you could pre-order your Blackberry 10 and guarantee that you would receive the phone first with a trade-in for you current phone, would you do it now?
    07-03-12 12:27 PM
    Here's my number call me maybe
    07-03-12 12:32 PM
    Not a chance. Pre-ordering anything these days is for chumps.

I would rather just walk in on day 1 and buy whatever it is I need. Even if you pre-order, the item is sent to you when it is available, so you may receive your nice, shiny new object a week after those who did not pre-order, already have theirs. Pre-ordering is useful when you think that the item you want may be sold out very quickly. I don't see that happening when BB10 drops.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 07-03-12 at 03:47 PM. Reason: changed 'are' to 'is'
    07-03-12 12:34 PM
    Uh...duh! Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 12:44 PM
    The only thing I've ever pre ordered was Gears Of War 3. And that was because of discounts and bonuses. Everything else, I've never experienced it completely sold out day one. I usually find a store and pick it right up.
    07-03-12 12:52 PM
    Yes but until I read oniberry's post its a no.

Lol
    07-03-12 12:52 PM
    Nope. We've only see a few gestures and a few core apps. I want to see a full working model before I make my mind up.

I don't buy a phone unless I have picked it up and used it and like the form factor.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 12:55 PM
    Voted no. While it's first on my list I have to see better from RIM before I'm ready and my carrier says I can upgrade.
    07-03-12 12:59 PM
    The OP isn't asking if you would pay up front to preorder. The OP is asking if you'd preorder if they would:
    guarantee that you would receive the phone first with a trade-in for you current phone
    And to this, I say Yes.
    07-03-12 01:01 PM
    Not until I know more about both the Hardware and the Software.
    07-03-12 01:06 PM
    NO!!!!

been badly burnt by the playbook. Reviews were average, the very soon email feature late, but bought it anyway by emotion.

wont make the same mistake again. Will wait for a quality, finished product and good reviews.
    anon(4021844) likes this.
    07-03-12 01:06 PM
    Voted no, even with the scenario in the original post.
    07-03-12 01:07 PM
    I voted maybe in 3-4 months. I'd need to see an actual hands-on of the final production unit and not just a demo of how features SHOULD or WILL work on the final product.
    07-03-12 01:15 PM
    as stated in the start topic a full YES. if disepointed no sell...... not shure to trade in my 9810 tho....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 01:18 PM
    Nope. We've only see a few gestures and a few core apps. I want to see a full working model before I make my mind up.
    I agree completely!

For months now I have seen people freak out with excitement over BlackBerry 10 and the entire time I've wondered why. We don't really know anything about it. The only details we have is its beta HTML5 score and a pretend OS loaded on a Dev Alpha that can't even tell the time.

We don't know anything about any of the features that make BlackBerry users like a BlackBerry. What about auto text, sound profiles, keyboard shortcuts, context sensitive menus, the ability to effortlessly share information using several methods, we don't even know about the LED.

So far they haven't shown anything that makes me think it will be a good BlackBerry. Makes me wonder if a lot of people here just want BlackBerry 10 because they want one of the so called "toy" smartphones but they do not want to go buy an Android or iPhone out of spite.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-03-12 01:33 PM
    No way until I know more about it. For that matter if it will be released ever.
    07-03-12 01:38 PM
    I agree completely!

For months now I have seen people freak out with excitement over BlackBerry 10 and the entire time I've wondered why. We don't really know anything about it. The only details we have is its beta HTML5 score and a pretend OS loaded on a Dev Alpha that can't even tell the time.

We don't know anything about any of the features that make BlackBerry users like a BlackBerry. What about auto text, sound profiles, keyboard shortcuts, context sensitive menus, the ability to effortlessly share information using several methods, we don't even know about the LED.

So far they haven't shown anything that makes me think it will be a good BlackBerry. Makes me wonder if a lot of people here just want BlackBerry 10 because they want one of the so called "toy" smartphones but they do not want to go buy an Android or iPhone out of spite.
    I think it's actually a good sign. How many iPhone buyers know any of the technical details about what's going on in the OS and the hardware? There are those who know nothing about the changes in the newest line, but just want the new iPhone because they consider themselves iPhone users.

I'm really impressed with Thorsten's statements today encapsulated by the notion of Blackberry users by choice. It really doesn't matter why these people are blindly putting faith in RIM and BB10. What does matter is that they are putting faith in RIM and BB10. This is the base off of which BB10 can launch. Without it, BB10 end up making the sound of one hand clapping.
    07-03-12 01:42 PM
    To quote my dad: IF I had wings, I could fly! Hypothetical scenarios are a waste of time.
    07-03-12 01:44 PM
    I agree completely!

No spite here. After having a pb I want that UI plus. I don't even care about all the apps.
    07-03-12 01:47 PM
    I would pre-order

It's also a statement of how I don't care, after trying the devices and owning mac and windows products, what apple or android or windows put out
    07-03-12 02:35 PM
    If you could pre-order your Blackberry 10 and guarantee that you would receive the phone first with a trade-in for you current phone, would you do it now?
    After first reading Mr. Heins news release and now hearing Mr. Costanzo, I had the same thought. But more, and I am a dreamer. What wonderful marketing and promotional tool, preordering BB10s.

I can see the headlines to read, thousands of BlackBerry faithful put their money where their hearts are. They have taken a great leap of faith in order to support their hearts desire. They are preordering BB10 phones by the thousands. Are they crazy! foolish or simply determined to see RIM succeed with the launch of BB10? Most say that they sincerely just want to support what they see as a great company and a great phone.

They love their BlackBerry's, wish to see RIM fight back, the underdog makes a come back is their hope! There is a chance they may never see their money again, but rather than buy stock, prefer to buy the actual product. Hoping to infuse even just a little cash to buy RIM time to create the best and greatest smart phone ever!

Oh well, like I said I'm a dreamer!

Roll on RIM!

Michaelaw
    Last edited by mawil1013; 07-03-12 at 04:56 PM.
    07-03-12 04:53 PM
    I voted maybe in 3-4 months.

While I am an avid BlackBerry fan..I use a qwerty keyboard device, and if i were to get a touch screen one, I'd want to play with one first to see how I liked it before I bought one.
    07-03-12 05:02 PM
    My biggest worry is that I/we will have another situation like the Bold Battery Problem or the Playbook. Both arrive to market with problems...

That being said, I think BB10 will be my next phone in about a year unless RIM helps out all of us beta testers who bought the Playbook and Bold 9900 before they were ready for market.
    07-04-12 06:08 AM
    I' ll wait. I'm also not in a hurry to be the first to get one.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 07-07-12 at 03:26 PM.
    07-07-12 12:22 PM
    I want a N and a L NAO.
    Not perfect ? Don't care, my 9900 is still quite new.
    07-07-12 12:33 PM
37 12