So I am getting my 9930 delivered tomorrow. I currently am an iphone 4 user and have loved this phone but after 2 years with it I am ready to try out something different. I had a bold 9700 back in the day and I really liked that phone, I hated the browser and found myself wishing it were touchscreen. I feel like the 9930 solved my 2 issue so I am giving it a shot.

After logging into crackberry I see all the posts complaining about the issues of the 9930 and am a bit nervous now that I made a mistake� How is the browser in your guys view point? I Know it wont be like safari on iphone but is it pretty decent? I have also been seeing complaints about the touch screen, the one I messed around with at the verizon store seemed very responsive. I guess just want to hear opinions from people who have made the switch from iphone to the 9930/9900.

Thanks in advance!
    07-02-12 09:57 PM
    Hey. Let me know what you think of it. I am too thinking of switching from the iPhone 4. I miss the blackberry pluses.
    07-02-12 10:28 PM
    I was a little nervous when I first got on this forum and read about all of the issues. I however started to focus on how much I liked my phone and quickly learned to not worry!
    07-02-12 10:31 PM
    I love my 9930! No issues with the touchscreen at all. I'm on VZW 9930/7.1.0.163 OS. Phone is responsive, quick. The browser is good, I'm impressed. Coming from an Android I was happy to see the new BlackBerry browser can handle full websites quickly and fully!

LOVE the keyboad, battery life, LED, and size of this BlackBerry.
    07-02-12 10:44 PM
    Thanks, sometimes just hearing people say they like it and have not had issues makes me feel a bit better. I do miss the keypad I loved that on my 9700. And something simple and maybe stupid that I really missed was the LED notification light.
    07-02-12 10:46 PM
    I missed the "little" things about BlackBerry when I left too the LED turned out to be very important to me!

It's really a great device. Seems like everyone on here who has ones loves theirs and says it's the best BlackBerry device to date!
    07-02-12 10:51 PM
    the browser on the 9900 is awful. if you are thinking about using the internet to browse webpages the forget about. im dead serious.
    07-02-12 10:56 PM
    the browser on the 9900 is awful. if you are thinking about using the internet to browse webpages the forget about. im dead serious.
    I wouldn't say that it's awful....The browser is acceptable IMO....

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 10:57 PM
    So I am getting my 9930 delivered tomorrow. I currently am an iphone 4 user and have loved this phone but after 2 years with it I am ready to try out something different. I had a bold 9700 back in the day and I really liked that phone, I hated the browser and found myself wishing it were touchscreen. I feel like the 9930 solved my 2 issue so I am giving it a shot.

After logging into crackberry I see all the posts complaining about the issues of the 9930 and am a bit nervous now that I made a mistake� How is the browser in your guys view point? I Know it wont be like safari on iphone but is it pretty decent? I have also been seeing complaints about the touch screen, the one I messed around with at the verizon store seemed very responsive. I guess just want to hear opinions from people who have made the switch from iphone to the 9930/9900.

Thanks in advance!
    I have both an iPhone 4s and a 9930. The 9930 touch screen and web browser are decent but not as good as the iPhones. OTOH you do have that keyboard which is 100 times better than the 9700 and 1,000,000 better than the 9810's.
    07-02-12 10:57 PM

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 10:58 PM
    I haven't found a webpage that it won't load fully yet. Nothing like OS6.
    07-02-12 11:09 PM
    You can get by with the browser but I agree it is not as good as the iphone. I came from the iphone 4s and i couldnt stay typing on a glass screen. Im happy with the 9900, I just missed the physical keyboard. I'm not a big app user so no loss there either. The calls sounds more clear on the bb9900, as well as better signal.
    07-02-12 11:48 PM
    The browser is acceptable and you can always dl a third party one on like Operamini if need be. At the end of the day you will have the perfect marriage of a touchscreen and a keyboard. On a sidenote, dl Advance OS and LED and it will make the whole experience even better!
    07-03-12 12:35 AM
    The browser does the job when I need it and to me, that's all that matters. The keyboard will make it up if the browser doesn't satisfy you.
    07-03-12 12:58 AM
    I think the browser is just fine have had no problems loading anything.. its just smaller that all loads pages just as fast as my razr maxx does ran a lot of tests with the two sometimes it would be a Lil bit slower like 1 second nothing that was that big of a difference. this is a great phone dont know why some people just try to bash it like its trash

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 01:48 AM
    I have an iPhone 4 and a BlackBerry. Trust me, the BB is great. It's responsive, gets better battery life than the iPhone 4 and the keyboard is to die for. The only thing you'll miss is the apps selection. The browser is good now but I'm not sure how fast Verizion 3G is. You'll love it. Loads.
    07-03-12 03:07 AM
    The Verizon 3G works fine, it is a steady consistent connection. The Bold 9930 browser is functional and you will not be caught short when a browser is needed.
    07-03-12 11:28 AM
    I'm happy withe the native browser. I tried operamini but didn't like it.

Many people do though.
    07-03-12 12:00 PM
    Nasir, maybe you're on the wrong OS.

07-03-12 12:02 PM
    Wont have it till Thursday =( Paid for overnight shipping but it did not get shipped until today =(
    07-03-12 12:46 PM
    The browser is a huge improvement over the OS5 browser you were use to.
    Not better than that of the iPhone (IMO) but its not a bad browser by any means.

07-03-12 12:53 PM
    the Bold 9930 is my first BlackBerry and I would never go back to any other brand, as long as the company does not drastically change. The battery life, responsiveness, and style of the phone are great. Of course the battery life, as on any phone, could be better but i get up and take my phone off charge at 7:30am and by 12am its around 35 to 40% battery life. Mind you I text all day long, I am using the web browser for 10 minutes roughly, and constant email. While I agree the iPhone has a better camera and apps but if you are looking for a good phone that holds up the Bold 9930 is for you.

07-03-12 07:27 PM
    The 9930 was a is a really good device. Honestly if the internet browser is really important to you like it was with me I couldnt recommend going 9930 route. Too many better options out. But the 9930 excels in other areas email keyboard battery to name a few. Not that browsing cant be done just didnt find it as enjoyable as other phones.
    07-03-12 08:01 PM
    I saw that there was some concern about mobile web. Please consider that Blackberry compresses data which might save money since data is going to be sold by GB.

07-03-12 09:56 PM
    Hope you enjoy your BB9930 but do make sure you invest in spare batteries, for at least that peace of mind that you won't run out of precious juice.
    07-03-12 10:07 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD