Well, hasn't today been fun? Don't think I've seen quite so much informationless pontification backed by ignorant misinterpretation spattered across the net.

I'll not bore you with another revamp of the details, because better informed people than me have already commented on here, and thank you.

I also quite like the (moderate) lack of "oh god, they're postponing an operating system upgrade, I'm heartbroken because I just cannot do X or Y and/or Z on my BlackBerry devices without it."

So whyfore this post?

I have a 9700 & a PB16. They work. One receives telephone calls (& lets me make them), sends texts and works as an MP3 player. The other is a handy gaming device with some useful utilities, plus gorgeous AV quality and a damn good ereader. Both let me update social media and blogs as required. As a BB user for 8 years, I'm still a happy bunny. But a little irritation needs scratching...

If you bought your device for what the salesman said it would be able to do after the next software upgrade, you're a fool. Really. Why not get a device that does what you want it to now? Seems straightforward enough. After all, if we're so damn smart (as we keep telling those poor users of other brands) how come we don't even have the brains to get a device that does what we need out of the box?

Why do you want all your games on every platform? Appworld has stacks of games. Okay, your favourite isn't there. So take a chance and try discovering something new. Look at it as an opportunity. Also read previous about buying a device that doesn't have what you want. (You can also apply this paragraph to applications.)

Oh, if you want your device to act like a native Android system: Go and buy one. Don't bleat because your lack of foresight, intelligence or balls has resulted in ownership of something that doesn't give you the right functionality, or, heavens forbid, big enough bragging rights.

I have devices from RIM that do what I want them to when I need them to. I update them as required and if RIM think BB10 needs a few more months to be ready for use, then more power to them, I wish other software devs had the sense to do that.

As for the rest of the whingers, get a grip. If your device doesn't do what you want it to, then you have only yourselves to blame. Because if you didn't research your device before buying (try searching on CrackBerry.com, there's loads of useful info and reviews) then you're a f*ckwit.

Thank you. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Rafellin; 06-29-12 at 06:13 PM.
    06-29-12 06:10 PM
    Pass the Kool-Aid.
    06-29-12 06:14 PM
    Pass the Kool-Aid.
    I am tired of the notion that if someone likes the device they must be a "fanboy".

My 9900 + PB combo does everything I need it to do. That's all.
    hpjrt, iN10Se, teresa81 and 7 others like this.
    06-29-12 06:36 PM
    Pass the Kool-Aid.
    Would you prefer apple or berry? Maybe the blue raspberry since it looks like Windex...
    06-29-12 06:46 PM
    I appreciate the sentiments and share most of them, but herein lies the flaw in your argument.

You ≠ everybody
    06-29-12 07:14 PM
    Some of us have now reached an incredible level of frustration. I for one have been hopeful and as optimistic about RIM as I could be. This new delay though has pushed me over the edge. It is a damn shame that with such nice hardware there's quite a few things that you just can't do with the PB. The hope was that the arrival of BB10 was remedy these, but now who knows�
    06-29-12 07:18 PM
    I appreciate the sentiments and share most of them, but herein lies the flaw in your argument.

You ≠ everybody
    In the same vain, he does not equal nobody. If our opinions become invalid because we are only one person, what's the point of asking for opinions?

On a somewhat related note, 'RIM is dead' haven't we heard this before? If fanboys drink the cool-aid or however you Americans spell that ridiculously over-the-top sentiment, then doomsday prophets surrounding BlackBerry must certainly be Harold Camping worshippers. The world will end...now...now...now...now...now!

Now! One day we'll be right and can say I told you so.
    Chaddface and Pdinos3 like this.
    06-29-12 07:24 PM
    You ≠ everybody
    Luckily, I'm not responsible for caring about everybody... have fun, tho.
    06-29-12 07:29 PM

You ≠ everybody
    My post was in response to the poster that suggested someone must be crazy to like the PB. I understand people look for different features in a tablet.
    06-29-12 07:30 PM
    Thank you. Have a nice day.
    And I feel fine...........
    blue quill likes this.
    06-29-12 07:35 PM
    While I do not see any substitute available that approaches the functionality I can achieve with my BlackBerry and PlayBook. I begin to doubt they can survive long enough to turn this train wreck around.
    SnoozerBold and momma003 like this.
    06-29-12 07:40 PM
    While I do not see any substitute available that approaches the functionality I can achieve with my BlackBerry and PlayBook. I begin to doubt they can survive long enough to turn this train wreck around.
    Exactly. Now those devs who were on the fence debating wether or not to support the platform are probably, if not certainly, gonna walkaway.
    06-29-12 08:05 PM
    In the same vain, he does not equal nobody. If our opinions become invalid because we are only one person, what's the point of asking for opinions?

On a somewhat related note, 'RIM is dead' haven't we heard this before? If fanboys drink the cool-aid or however you Americans spell that ridiculously over-the-top sentiment, then doomsday prophets surrounding BlackBerry must certainly be Harold Camping worshippers. The world will end...now...now...now...now...now!

Now! One day we'll be right and can say I told you so.
    Well, we do know after all these years that the "dingo did not eat my pb!"
    06-29-12 08:32 PM
    Read the OP.... fail to see the point of it all......
    06-29-12 09:23 PM
    And I feel fine...........
    Excellent old skool REM reference.

Puts it all in perspective.

Carry on,
    06-29-12 10:03 PM
    I couldn't have said it better myself and agree with you 100%.
    06-29-12 10:03 PM
    "Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline."
    06-29-12 10:08 PM
    The latest financial report from RIM is not a good one. With a loss of approximately 30% in sales, the question that begs to be answered is...

How risky is it to purchase a Playbook that may not have a company supporting it one year from now?

I have been researching tablets and the Playbook by far has received the most accolades of any tablet excluding the iPad. That being said, I decided that the Playbook is the device that best suits my business and personal needs. From its seamless document integration and powerful business tools to "the best" tablet browser on the market, IMHO- this is the best overall value in the tablet market today.

But what is the real value of the device if a year from now RIM files bankruptcy protection and us users don't have anywhere to turn for support or a company backing its product?

I would love to hear thoughts and comments from the community on this issue before i go out and purchase one

Peace,

Slider
    06-29-12 11:20 PM
    I took a big risk getting the Playbook last year and it was the right descision. but seeing the competition between ios and android lately, I can't imagine how RIM can make a difference with bb10 in the mobilephone industry. yes, I'm waiting for the next iphone. I'll probably enjoy bb10 only on my playbook...
    06-30-12 05:02 AM
    R.i.p. R.i.m. You had a good ride but now you are just running the company into the ground. Good thing some people knew when to leave the sinking ship.

I got my playbook and it's still better than my crappy ipod touch. That's all what matters.

Nexsus 7 I'm buying you next.
    06-30-12 10:46 AM
    Good advice OP.

On this advice how many people do you think that bought one would not had going on this advice? My guess would be many less.
    06-30-12 10:59 AM
    I wish RIM could partner with Google. Google is the only company I'm not repulsed by, other than RIM, of course. I believe it would incredibly benefit Google to have RIM.
    06-30-12 11:19 AM
    I don't care for Google practices or I might have already tried them. They may have nice products but it is their practices of data hoarding and sharing.
    BBplaybookJS likes this.
    06-30-12 11:25 AM
    I am tired of the notion that if someone likes the device they must be a "fanboy".

Don't quite see it that way...I like my BB products as well. The Torch is a fail on browser but phone is fine. PB is good but the 7" does not work for me. I will not slam the products I chose to use. I've learned and will make hopefully a better informed purchase in the near future.

The fanboy definition is a moving target like the troll label. Emotions are way too high and yes this week's news made lots of nerves very raw and one could clearly see the fan boys in denial lashing out against anyone touching their precious company's good name... ha....anyway... enjoy your product and we will all move along eventually....heh...heh..
    06-30-12 11:30 AM
    I wish RIM could partner with Google. Google is the only company I'm not repulsed by, other than RIM, of course. I believe it would incredibly benefit Google to have RIM.
    Marty too bad you and millions others are so ill informed about Google.

They are actively pursuing to gather all electronic footprints of every Google user forever. They have defied European nations about their gathering private emails texts etc via Wi-Fi:as they were mapping out Europe's country side that allegedly was accidental.

They are also sharing all of this with NSA and all alphabet agencies with no regard to the user ever knowing they are being under surveillance with complicity of Google.

I could share the links but you folks are way smarter then I and can find them as well. If you don't then oh well. Good luck when your turn comes around welcome to the NWO komrade.....

PS before you post any reort about it all being a conspiracy take note I have been researching all this for over 28 years and am watching the present trends. I've done my homework so do your before posting something not so bright.... yes, this is all relevant to why I want RIMM to be successful ....
    06-30-12 11:42 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD