06-29-12 04:08 PM
    Oh look! the media are bashing RIM.. how unusual!!

This part sums up the entire article

"So you won't wake up in the next few months and suddenly find that your BlackBerry has become merely a fancy paperweight.
    However, RIM certainly can't continue on this path. "

that's it.. and we already know it. move on!
    06-29-12 04:40 PM
    Let me see: "dials 0800" ....ringing on the otherside
    Well it works still, amazing.
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-29-12 07:38 PM
    What happens to your BlackBerry now?

RIM's BlackBerry 10 delayed again: What happens now? - Jun. 29, 2012

very sad
    This is actually a great article and video report. Thanks
    06-29-12 07:48 PM
    The video was just another moron comparing RIM to Palm. Not even the same comparison. Not that RIM isn't in a hard place right now, but that comparison is just not the same current situation.
    06-29-12 08:13 PM
    What happens to your BlackBerry now?

RIM's BlackBerry 10 delayed again: What happens now? - Jun. 29, 2012

very sad
    Does something have to happen? Just because the BB10 is delayed everyone has to throw their BB7s in the garbage immediately?

Maybe a better question is, what happens once your contract is up. Ooooh.

RIM: would you like some aloe vera with that burn?
    06-29-12 09:20 PM
    The good thing about the BB10 delay is BB7 sale might possibly increase.
    06-30-12 12:32 AM
    No, everything is fine for the time being. BB10 does not have anything to do with current BB's but there will be a problem if RIM can't sell enough phones to break even due to the fact that no one in their right mind will buy a BB 7 device now because either a) most people think RIM will be out of business soon, or b) they are holding out for a BB10 phone. Imo, they will not have enough cash for BB10 to see the light of day and even it they did it is probably too little too late. With RIM's past record BB10 may end up being a complete flop anyway. At that point they may have no choice but to go out of business and that is when our current BB's become nothing more than fancy flip phones. I sure hope I'm wrong because despite what most people think I still think BBOS is the best platform for business needs and I will really miss it if I have to switch to another platform.

PS: I do currently have and kind of try to use my iPhone 4s and my Android phones but I only use them as weekend phones because they cannot do a lot of the things that my BB's can do.
    Nickerz likes this.
    06-30-12 01:46 AM
    Maybe they should think about building another OS7 Bold - a better 9900 - to close the gap. On the other hand, this means spending a lot of money again, money they might need for the launch of BB10 next year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    06-30-12 01:47 AM
    Maybe they should think about building another OS7 Bold - a better 9900 - to close the gap. On the other hand, this means spending a lot of money again, money they might need for the launch of BB10 next year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    IMO, the current Bold 9900 other than the crappy camera is actually a really nice phone.
    It is by far my favorite phone and also the best BB to date - I like it so much I actually have a white one and a black one so I can switch colors when I feel like it.
    06-30-12 02:08 AM
    All the Bold update would need is autofocus on the rear camera and a FFC. Maybe a boost to the processor, nothing significant really and double up the standard storage and RAM.

IMO that should have been done six months ago rather than the Curve 9220, 9320, 9350, 9360 and 9380 phones oh which only the 9350 and 9360 were needed.
    06-30-12 02:49 PM
    What happens to my blackberry? It continues to work just as it always has. No problem.
    ..Steve.. likes this.
    06-30-12 03:01 PM
    At that point they may have no choice but to go out of business and that is when our current BB's become nothing more than fancy flip phones. I sure hope I'm wrong because despite what most people think I still think BBOS is the best platform for business needs and I will really miss it if I have to switch to another platform.
    I have recently switched from Android to BB Bold exactly due to all the business features.
    The BB mail client via the BB messaging aggregation is perfect. It reads all my email account with no issue while my old Android couldn't handle much more than my Google accounts (their "regular" mail client couldn't contact either my own hosted mail, nor my company's IMAP regardless of my fiddling). Encrypting all the data on the phone? Check (so far I don't know anything on the Android that can do this).

I do wish there was a functional Google+ app (for my personal needs). I know one by Smarter Apps but it doesn't show notifications (just that they exist) and there's no additional "share" options to send links or photos to Google+ stream. I wouldn't mind making my own app just for that (though I'm a n00b in BB, I'm catching on the SDK quite fast).

IMHO, the biggest mistake RIM can make ATM is to not give BB10 to at least some of the more recent models (at least to the business models). Alienating all the enterprises that made the Bold series the mainstay communication device at top management levels won't help RIM. I heard many conflicting rumors about such a move.
    06-30-12 03:49 PM
    They all stop working. I know mine did. I left it without a battery charge for 4 days and it stopped. I think they all do that .
    06-30-12 03:53 PM
    The good thing about the BB10 delay is BB7 sale might possibly increase.
    Yeah, that's not likely to happen. They're barely selling any phones now, imagine how many they will sell when people know the company may not even be around a year from now.
    06-30-12 08:55 PM
    What happens to my blackberry? It continues to work just as it always has. No problem.
    Same here and for everybody else. BIS, e-mail, phone, apps, you name it. I wonder what the OP was... Smoking.
    06-30-12 10:45 PM
    I think the OP was smoking reality.
    07-01-12 08:00 AM
    BIS and BES doomed Blackberry. Nobody wants a closed system.
    07-01-12 07:54 PM
    BIS and BES doomed Blackberry. Nobody wants a closed system.
    Dumb comment of the month award winner.
    07-01-12 09:12 PM
    There you go.
    07-01-12 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD