I am hoping we can get this thread going as a main source for troubleshooting T-Mobile USA users who are using an unlocked Bold. If you have a Bold on T-Mobile, unlocked, can you please post what issues you are having, IF any. I ask this because I am reading at other forums that some users aren't getting ANY browser use OR MMS use. Yet I also read some who are having NO issues at all. If you had problems and were able to ratify them and get it working please post that as well. Since the Bold it about to hit I know there are some users here who are getting one to use and I was hoping to make this "troubleshooting" thread to make the process as painless as possible. Thanks for sharing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 05:27 PM
    I am a newbie blackberry convert (we'll see how long that will last) I primarily have been using window and symbian smartphones.

The problem I am having is my unlocked BOLD is "locked" into T-Mobile's "HOT SPOT" Browser.

I have been on the phone for hours with T-Mobile Reps and RIM Reps.

After performing all kind of machinations...no help. Bottom line T-Mobile doesn't have the service books or stated in another way they are not transmitting the service books until they officially support the phone.

If you don't have spare change around I guess I wouldn't get a bold until either T-Mobile or AT&T officially release them.
    09-21-08 08:40 AM
    When you log in to you "my T-mobile" account what phone does it show in the top corner by your phone number?

09-21-08 08:46 AM
    no phone shows up next to my number on t-mobile.

since i always use non-supported phones I never set my account to a specific phone.
    09-21-08 09:03 AM
    I don't hare my Phone yet. It will be here in about 4 days. But I am on Tmobile USA and haven't had a supported phone since the first Sidekick came out. The trick is getting the right tech support person. Dont give up after talking-to Customer service. you need to get Data support on the line.. I always tell the first two agents I need help with the settings for my "wireless card. " Once you mention wireless card they know that they can NOT help and upgrade your call to Tier 2 Support. or higher.. after that it's smooth sailing.

There is one setting that cured my problem connecting. . with my HTC Touch- I was using the setting wap.voicestream.com and it turned out that my phone was on a VPN ...I think he called it. I had to change my setting to
    wap2.voicestream.Com -- . or maybe it was wap3.voicestream.com. VPN or whatever it was, was not something I requested - though it was more "secure" I think he told me. but that is how they set my data plan up. that was the only change I needed to make. Try it. Can't hurt: and if that doesn't work - get Data Support on the line
    09-21-08 10:22 AM
    Yes you are right always going to the past 2 level support people...but I did that. I would hold off on the bold...you will not be able to get on the internet unless you use wi-fi tmobile hotspot. STOP THE ORDER for the BOLD and wait.

Tmobile nor rim can help until tmobile releases the phone. blackberry unlike the other mfg uses a proprietary software. Black berry is not like any other smartphone (windows mobile or symbian) which will allow you to get on the internet with the right settings.
    09-21-08 11:21 AM
    I am currently using the bold on Tmobile USA and I am having the same proplems I only have the hotspot brower and cant send or receive mms.

At one point the internet browser popped up and the error mesg I was getting when trying to send mms went away although they still wouldnt send I would just get a red X saying failed to send, but after I did an upgrade to .147 my internet browser option went away and now its back to the hotspot only browser, and now im back to getting that error message for mms(no mms service record can only save as draft) I dont know how it started working, but if there is anyone that can tell me how to fix it if I cant fix it im gonna jump ship and head to ATT, as my friend has a unlocked rogers bold as well and everything works find including 3G.
    Last edited by Ms.Coutureone; 09-26-08 at 11:23 PM.
    09-21-08 12:20 PM
    This is all very unfortunate.

There goes any chance of me buying an unlocked Bold.

I hope ATT releases soon!

(Although I really am IN LOVE with my E71 , I STILL want the Bold, variety is the spice of life )
    09-21-08 12:36 PM
    there is another Tmobile USA thread where the person did get online with his BB-BOLD. Do a search because I cannot postlinks yet _

The thread is titled:

Blackberry Bold - T Mobile USA Problems
    09-21-08 12:41 PM
    I saw that thread and the guy said he had to be on the BIS and the BES server which I dont understand as I have the BIS service

the BES service is just for corporate email access and BIS has the data(internet) add on and that is what i have
    Last edited by Ms.Coutureone; 09-21-08 at 03:44 PM.
    09-21-08 03:37 PM
    I was on the phone with Tmobile for about 30 minutes. The Blackberry Tech person said that I shouldn't have any problems with the Bold on Tmobile. He said just give them a call when it arrives and they will get me set up after applying a few tweaks. What do you think? He said he owns a BB too, not a Bold though. But doesn't know why people can't get data up and running...
    09-21-08 03:55 PM
    I called them also spoke with about 1o different reps in blackberry support, and no one knew what to do or how to get it resolved. how soon will you get your bold because I would love to know what they do to get the data and mms to work.
    09-21-08 04:05 PM
    Do you think that different states have different networks ? or tech people ?? Mine will be here on Thursday or Friday. I wonder if I can hold my breath that long.
    09-21-08 04:17 PM
    lol, I dont think so as they only have a few call centers

and I was the same way watching the mail and tracking it everyday until I got it
    09-21-08 04:23 PM
    I remember I had problems getting on the web with my HTC Touch Pro. When I called them they told me that I was set up on a VPN Network. That is usually for businesses, I don't know why I was there or if it was a mistake. But I do know that he had me change my settings from

WAP.VOICESTREAM.COM
    to
    INTERNET3.VOICESTREAM.COM

But I would guess that has NOTHING WHAT-SO-EVER to do with Blackberry.
    09-21-08 04:24 PM
    Is yours the Unlocked one from Canada ? I think that is what my guy is sending me. What can you NOT do with yours?
    09-21-08 04:28 PM
    yes mine is an unlocked one from canada(rogers) i can get email and blackberry instant messenger works but i dont have a internet browset only a hotspot browset and i cant get or receive mms, but when i tried using it with a friends ATT sim card everything works perfectly including 3g, im confused not sure if i should switch to att or deal with the internet browset not working until tmobile gets the bold or either wait until tmobile gets the javelin
    09-21-08 05:53 PM
    did you put in the TMobile MMS settings?

09-21-08 06:13 PM
    no i didnt can u please tell me how to get those settings? and also can you tell me if there is something i can do to get the internet browser to work
    09-21-08 06:14 PM
    Got my Bold today. At first all I could do was text and phone. Called T-Mobile and the agent basically said "Can't help you." So when I got home tongiht I called again . Got a different agent. I now have a BB email address and can use BB messenger. She did a few things trying to get the browser working, so far no luck but she said that it is not unusual for me to have email before the internet starts working. She set up my email address by going to tmobile.com and logging in as me. Any way .. she said that maybe her changes will get me online soon. Also, she is going to call me Thursday at 8:45 to see if the web is working. Between now and then, she is going to check around with different agents to see what success they have had.
    09-23-08 10:01 PM
    Hi New Bold user...sorry for the cliche but "I told you so". I am waiting to see my buddy who has a curve with AT&T. I will put his sim card in my Bold, to see if I get the Browser function working. I'll keep you all posted.
    09-24-08 05:41 AM
    I am using my bold on Tmobile and having the same problem, I have tried putting in a ATT simcard and yes everything works, internet browser, 3g, email, blackberry messenger and mms

I am now deciding do I leave tmobile to go to ATT just to use the bold

Any suggestions?
    09-24-08 05:51 AM
    I would too, but I hate ATT .. I had it before and I get less dropped calls with T-mobile .. better reception and everyone I know around me hates ATT and are just waiting for their contract to expire for that same reason .. I have regular email, BB email, BB messenger and all that I am missing I think is internet .. I can get that with Opera, right ??
    09-24-08 09:09 AM
    I tried that and opera mini doesnt work, i downloaded it via the hotspot browser and when i turned wifi off it doesnt work i gives me an error message that it cannot connect, and also mms messages doesnt work gives error says no service record can only save as draft
    09-24-08 11:09 AM
    I've also called tmobile and rim there isnt anything anyone can do but i thought i would give it a try but no luck, I am now using it on ATT and everything works perfect with my sis att simcard,
    09-24-08 11:10 AM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD