Are playbook owners Surprised by BB10 delay ? I mean c'mon did anyone really expect that RIM will deliver in time.

With what I have been through with the playbook upgrades and os announcement sixt days, summer, fall, 2011, winter blah blah ans something that is still ongoing ( just last week head of gaming followed with naming some game, i think sonic, was supposed to be here by now) did any playbook user take RIM seriously? Seriously ?

RIM is Not dead but struggling and maybe they can keep afloat with the BB10 buoy, but they've got to stop making this silly excuses of delays tied to perfection.
    06-29-12 11:00 AM
    ok thanks.............
    06-29-12 11:03 AM
    Really. I would never have known that. Thank you.
    06-29-12 11:04 AM
    It's likely over for RIM as we know it. Would take a literal miracle for a different outcome. By the time BB10 ever arrives, many (most) of RIM's former clients will have adopted different platforms. I work for the most conservative law firm you can imagine, and we just went with the Iphone. That's a very bad sign for RIM. I'm personally hoping for a miracle comeback, but I can't see any realistic way it can happen. Even if the new phone is super spectacular, will it cause millions of happy apple/andorid/windows8 users to jump back, because that is what it would take?
    06-29-12 11:10 AM
    Any announcements made by the old CEOs are not valid because they're dumb.

At least Thor is holding out to ensure a PlayBook release fiasco doesn't happen again.
    06-29-12 11:10 AM
    Are playbook owners Surprised by BB10 delay ? I mean c'mon did anyone really expect that RIM will deliver in time.

With what I have been through with the playbook upgrades and os announcement sixt days, summer, fall, 2011, winter blah blah ans something that is still ongoing ( just last week head of gaming followed with naming some game, i think sonic, was supposed to be here by now) did any playbook user take RIM seriously? Seriously ?

RIM is Not dead but struggling and maybe they can keep afloat with the BB10 buoy, but they've got to stop making this silly excuses of delays tied to perfection.
    RIM is dead as you know them. They're simply buying time to find a buyer. They're leaning out the operation to make RIM a more attractive acquisition. Classic repositioning going on here in order to make a sale.

The delay of BB10 beyond the new year is the death knell for RIM. iPhone5 being released in Sept/Oct is going to result in massive defections of RIM's remaining customers.

Don't understand why this company took so long to address their problems and why when addressing their problems they made things so much worse from a PR/customer relations perspective. RIM's endless empty promises really weighed heavily on its loyal consumer base who couldn't take anymore and finally abandoned the company. After Sept the rest will largely leave.
    06-29-12 11:11 AM
    Disappointment, yes, but surprise, no.

You've hit the nail squarely. Rim management knows the game is over and is prepping for a sale. Only diehards and suckers (people who don't read the writing on the wall) will buy another Rim device. App developers will be gone. Sales will now drop off a cliff. By fall, BB phones and tablets will be door prizes, and even then there will be few takers.

I had a laptop that was cutting edge in '87. By '89 it was clear the manufacturer wasn't keeping up. A year later it was over. Today it's 1989 for Rim. Time to pack up.
    06-29-12 11:33 AM
    I would go without a phone before I would embrace an iPhone. Fortunately there will be more choices than Apple should I decide that I need to look elsewhere. And really what do you think will be new in iOS5?

I am hugely disappointed in the delay of BB10 but my cell phone needs don't run to needing to replace my device every 12 months.

RIM is in a tough spot to be sure but I'm not yet convinced that it's beyond salvation. I well remember when Apple was in a similar position - and they emerged as a "better" Apple. At the time the media announced Apple's imminent demise too.

The lesson here is that one should never make assumptions based on media hype. There is value in RIM & wiser heads will be looking to make something of that value.
    littd likes this.
    06-29-12 11:37 AM
    I love my 9930 & my PB (& will continue to use bbs for as long as they're available) but struggle to understand those who keep asking why the rest of us doubt BB10 will reach the PB. BB10 will be released for the PB and the new phones will be released as scheduled...because RIM told us these things? RIM has said so many things and it's a surprise when they actually do what they say. I wish I had their optimism but fear the writing is on the wall for RIM. Praying there is a way out of this mess but have a hard time seeing the rainbows right now. Hope those of you that do, are right...and this is not a criticism of the optimists, in fact I'm jealous.
    06-29-12 12:11 PM
    i am a huge Blackberry fan and with Steve Jobs gone i think the taker here is Google. Apple has been having issues with a lot of their new products and things slipping thru the cracks...the new MBP's are having overheating issues, Siri was a disaster, the latest iPhone had no new improvements. Apple is on a slow decline right now in my book while Google is stepping up. When Windows 8 drops things might change but in the meantime RIM has done nothing to help save the company. They have an amazing OS on their hands that they can't seem to get fully developed and from the looks of the leaked phones and the alpha device things could look up but without implementation the company is going to fail. I hope they pull their act together and get everything launched by the end of this year because in 2013 i would love to be a continuing blackberry supporter.
    06-29-12 01:00 PM
    Not surprised & I'm not sweating the small stuff. If we / I were still waiting for 2.0 then I would be annoyed.
    06-29-12 01:39 PM
    Not exactly...the PlayBook was delayed itself and so was an OS upgrade. I will admit that I was confident RIM would deliver on time.
    06-29-12 01:55 PM
    i am a huge Blackberry fan and with Steve Jobs gone i think the taker here is Google. Apple has been having issues with a lot of their new products and things slipping thru the cracks...the new MBP's are having overheating issues, Siri was a disaster, the latest iPhone had no new improvements. Apple is on a slow decline right now in my book while Google is stepping up. When Windows 8 drops things might change but in the meantime RIM has done nothing to help save the company. They have an amazing OS on their hands that they can't seem to get fully developed and from the looks of the leaked phones and the alpha device things could look up but without implementation the company is going to fail. I hope they pull their act together and get everything launched by the end of this year because in 2013 i would love to be a continuing blackberry supporter.
    You underestimate the loyalty of iFans. They see every flaw in Apple products as a feature and an opportunity to stir creativity (in order to workaround them).
    06-29-12 02:28 PM
    Not bothered by it. There was no promise for end of the year. I am more than willing to wait for a product that is ready than one pushed out the door ahead of schedule just to make a timeline. When it comes, if it's a good product, I'll buy it. What happens, happens. No point in speculation.
    Chaddface and Harryl6134 like this.
    06-29-12 03:45 PM
    Surprised, yes a little. Disappointed, very.
    06-29-12 04:00 PM
    I'm so frustrated and fed up that I ordered a Nexus 7 today! Does that mean that I'm gonna throw the PB inside a drawer and never touch it again? Probably not, but I've reached that boiling point!!
    06-29-12 04:15 PM
    If my phone was broken, I might have a different view. But I'm content, for now, with my 9650/Playbook combination. They do for me what I need them to do. I don't feel a need to throw a few hundred dollars at a phone simply to have a new device to play with until I need to switch. Before yesterday, I was considering a 9930. But by not doing anything, I'm in a position where I will either switch if I have to (worst case scenario), or switch when something comes out (hopefully BB10) that extends what I already can do.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    06-29-12 04:33 PM
    Surprised? Absolutely not. Disappointed? Somewhat. Worried about RIM's future? For sure. Relieved to hear they are going to wait until BBOS 10 is ready and not rush out a half-baked OS just to get a device to market (like they did with the Playbook)? Definitely.

But, being a Playbook user from day 1 I appreciate the power of the QNX based OS so I only hope RIM can get their new phone to market before they collapse.
    06-29-12 05:03 PM
    Short, simple, and I totally agree.
    06-29-12 06:07 PM
    Right now my BB9810 does everything I need it too (even without an AT&T 7.1 release) and with the bridge features for my PB I'm in no hurry to jump ship. I do find myself researching the other devices more now though. I love my BB products and I am a patient person (have to be to be an AT&T customer) however I will not follow them all the way over the cliff.

Surprised? No.
    Disappointed? Very.
    Hoping the can pull a rabbit out of their hat? Optimistically.
    06-29-12 06:22 PM
    I am of the same opinion as most. RIM is on the block. The delivery of BB10 is a strategic delay to allow the buyers to see if it can be integrated into the line of tech that they currently have in development. I could see Microsoft purchasing Nokia , and Samsung swallowing RIM.

06-29-12 06:41 PM
    You summed it up very well for much of us.
    06-29-12 06:44 PM
    I would go without a phone before I would embrace an iPhone. Fortunately there will be more choices than Apple should I decide that I need to look elsewhere. And really what do you think will be new in iOS5?

I am hugely disappointed in the delay of BB10 but my cell phone needs don't run to needing to replace my device every 12 months.

RIM is in a tough spot to be sure but I'm not yet convinced that it's beyond salvation. I well remember when Apple was in a similar position - and they emerged as a "better" Apple. At the time the media announced Apple's imminent demise too.

The lesson here is that one should never make assumptions based on media hype. There is value in RIM & wiser heads will be looking to make something of that value.
    It's not similar in 1997 Msft bailed apple out and guaranteed them access to their products. Why because apple was one of their largest corp customers and they made billions off a 150 million dollar loan

Does RIM have a similar vendor relationship ? no
    06-29-12 06:49 PM
    Seems like the thought is that RIM needs help from one of the big players. Maybe even Microsoft as a part of their defense of their corporate hoped for monopoly. QNX? Spun off as a specialty software division?
    06-29-12 08:13 PM
    Game. Set. Match for RIM. Will keep enjoying my PB until it serves me no more. Its been a good ride ......let's hope for the best !
    06-29-12 08:43 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD