OK so I was in perfect position to come out of contract on my 9780, and jump right into a nice new one on BB10. That was until the news from yesterday!

Would you hang on in there with an old phone or consider trying to get a 12 month deal?
    Option 2 would mean I cant have a BB10 device at launch... which would bring out the green eyed monster in me!

I have considered trading my 9780 in at a local trade store but the extra I would have to add to get a BB7 device is crazy!
    06-29-12 04:07 AM
    I would hang onto the old phone and wait. The 9780 is still a killer device in this time and age. Why jump the gun and lose out on BB10 launch?
    06-29-12 05:05 AM
    Same here just when I thought my luck was in and I'd be one of the first with a BB10 phone.
    Feel like I should stick it out but my phone is getting old and I really want to upgrade this year. Before today there was no question as to what my next would device would be but now there is some doubt in my mind o well I will hang on till November and see what RIM has to say by then.

COME ON RIM YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK JUST DON'T KEEP US WAITING TO LONG
    06-29-12 05:20 AM
    Over the last few months there has been many posts about people hanging on to their old mobiles waiting for the release of BB10, and now them same people Are frustrated and to a degree angry. I have to admit I am in this boat and pondering what to do, should I keep my 9700 which has been a fantastic servant to me or have a break and try an android phone. My main problem though is that the majority of phones out there are too big,hence why I am still looking.
    06-29-12 05:37 AM
    Ideally im looking for a "deal of the decade" on buying a BB7 device outright or on a 12Month contract at the most.
    Zirak likes this.
    06-29-12 05:39 AM
    or have a break and try an android phone.
    Why Android ? What's wrong with WinMo or (sit down for this) an iPhone ? BBOS 7 phones are stout phones, but if you're wanting something newer, I would wait a few months, especially if you're wanting to switch platforms.
    06-29-12 06:20 AM
    Mr Willie I have thought about an iphone, but having used my wife's I do not feel it's for me. Having not played with an android I can't comment. I just want a functional, compact mobile with a few bells and whistles.
    06-29-12 07:10 AM
    I would wait and see what all the hoopla is over Win 8. Everyone that I know that uses current WinMo is happy with them, same with the iPhone (I am an iPad user myself).

Of course no one that I socialize with uses BB anymore, I have a few clients that issue BBs to their employees, but most of them don't use them, they carry there personal phones.
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 06-29-12 at 07:59 AM.
    06-29-12 07:55 AM
    I want to stay with a BB for email as nothing really cuts it as good for me.
    06-29-12 09:38 AM
    If your phone isn't having any problems, stay. But in the meantime, I see no point in waiting until next year. Use this time to try something else, and when/if RIM finally gets it together you can come back.

Do you really wanna wait until Spring 2013? Its Summer 2012. Thats a looooong time to wait for uncertainty.
    06-29-12 09:46 AM
    Mr Willie I have thought about an iphone, but having used my wife's I do not feel it's for me. Having not played with an android I can't comment. I just want a functional, compact mobile with a few bells and whistles.
    thats the weird part s about all of this. IF I had to move on to something else, I dont know what to get. I've "been there, done that" with the iPhone, and Windows Phone seems so blah. I could see myself with a high end Galaxy phone, but I really dont even want that.

For the most part, as long as my 9930 continues to work, im happy. My contract ends Spring 2013, so I'll just wait and see like many others.
    06-29-12 09:49 AM
    I've been due an upgrade since October 2011. I'm still using my Storm 2 and it is dying a slow painful death! I'm just so frustrated because if i would've just went with another phone, I could have been up for an upgrade by the time BB10 *actually* releases.
    06-29-12 10:00 AM
    I've been due an upgrade since October 2011. I'm still using my Storm 2 and it is dying a slow painful death! I'm just so frustrated because if i would've just went with another phone, I could have been up for an upgrade by the time BB10 *actually* releases.
    wow! i cant see how you made it this long with a Storm. No offense, but ANYthing you get will be an upgrade.

I feel your pain though. I waited from April until October with my 8900 for the release of the Bold 9900 on my carrier. Its extremely frustrating.
    06-29-12 10:05 AM
    You should look elsewhere. As has been said, 6 months is a long time to be waiting for a new phone. This Q1 promise is also very shaky, there could still be further delays.

And with RIM there are serious downsides to being an early adopter, especially given the trouble they're having with bb10. Unless you want to feel like a paying beta tester, it's best to wait till the new devices have been tried and upgraded a few times, maybe wait till their 2nd iteration even.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 10:07 AM
    stick to ur phone or buy a 9900 for now

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD