Im just curious.

I had a T-Mo Sidekick III and it was blah. It was weak in all areas. It sucked up the battery like a escalade sucks up gas. the thing was buggy and the net was ultra slow due to the weak processor on the phone. comparing EDGE data usage to both phones..the BB Curve dominated it. Even its screen was craddy and pixelated. Thanks to this site i switched to the Curve and all is good in my world!

so how you bout you peoples here?
    10-28-07 04:06 AM
    I had a Razr and the metal keypad was coming off so I decided tht I could either replace the keypad or get a new fone.
    I was looking around and saw that my fone company had an offer with BB and data plans.
    The BB was just abt a few $$$ more than another fone I was looking at so I thought why not.
    I went to one store and they only had the Pearl but I thought tht looked to much like a normal fone and I wanted something tht looked different. I went to the main store and saw they had 3 models of BB.
    I liked the look and feel of the Curve so I bought it right away.
    Now am happy with my purchase and was even happier when I found out through CB tht I could use the Curve as a tethered modem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-07 06:22 AM
    My job, being a data support rep for AT&T I figured I better know what the heck I'm talking about if i'm going to be directing other people on what to do with their devices.
    10-28-07 08:20 AM
    I had a Sidekick2 for over 3 years and it was starting to wear down. The screen was dinged up, the swivel cover was getting gritty and starting to stick. Plus I wanted something smaller and more "grown up". I was very happy with my Sidekick but oh do I really love my red Curve!
    10-28-07 09:02 AM
    I had the AT&T 8525 it was cool as my first PDA phone. The 3G on it was cool but not used too often for streaming vid. I got bored w/ it and began tweakin it here and there. I liked it except for the bulkiness AND the battery life sucked. I was a bit pissed that the phone was quickly replaced by a better one (allegedly).
    My biggest hang up was that there werent too many 'cool' apps & capabilities for that particular phone.
    I looked at the iPhone too, my mother has one and I played w/ hers and so far (having gone thru a few iPods- yes I love my iPod) I wasn't too thrilled on it. I guess it all depends on your needs!
    So I did some research and BB Curve got my attention. I got over my 'buttons being exposed' issue quick. Now that I have one, I am so in love w/ this phone! My battery lasts me a couple of days now! Especially since I text more than anything. I just wish I had more BB Messenger contacts! I'm in the works of tryin to recruit my friends to get one.
    10-28-07 02:22 PM
    To be honest, I was at the point where I was seeing everyone with the Motorola Pebl and I wanted something that very few people at the school would have. In my November bill, T-Mobile sent out one of their promotional flyer of the Pearl and it was so cute. When I went to one of the local stores to purchase it in January that when I fell in love with the whole Blackberry idea.

10-28-07 02:35 PM
    As a flight attendant I see lots of business people, and their phone of "choice" always seemed and seems to be the Blackberry. It looked really cool to me, but always thought you could only get one in Holland with a business account.
    When I found out that as a non-business user you could also get one I decided to get one.
    Coming from a T-Mobile Vario, which wasn't bad, and other kinds of cell and smartphones, I have to say the BB rules! Only thing is I wish there were more free apps for it like for the Treo.
    10-28-07 02:58 PM
    My BB pearl was given to me as a gift. So in other words, I was forced to use it because you don't want to be rude and not show your appreciation for gifts you are given. And I definitely wasn't going to re-gift it.

10-28-07 03:06 PM
    My BB pearl was given to me as a gift. So in other words, I was forced to use it because you don't want to be rude and not show your appreciation for gifts you are given. And I definitely wasn't going to re-gift it.

10-28-07 03:07 PM
    I had a MotoRAZR through Sprint. The reception was pretty good, except for the fact that the phone would not work in my house! As soon as I pulled into the garage or walked into the front door...ZERO BARS! So, that made me decide to switch carriers. Then I had to decide what phone to get. All of my friends have smartphones (Treos, to be exact). I wanted to be a little different from them, and I didn't want a phone as big as the Treo. So, the BB Pearl worked out perfectly for me. GREAT CHOICE!
    10-28-07 08:36 PM
    I had a Treo with Vzw and though I love the ability to back up my info to my Mac I was for some reason unhappy with the device.
    I had T-Mo in another state for a few months and 50% of the time I didn't have signal. They let me out of my contract (after many phonecalls) and I went back to Vzw. Though I had few complaints with Vzw I hated that my bills were $125. a month and the web experience on the device was poor at best.
    I saw someones Pearl and was stoked about the size. (the Palm was huge in comparison) I realized that the most important feature after the phone was E-mail so I considered the BB.
    BB has really updated their image and ther moment I saw the Curve (after initally going to look at the Pearl) I knew that was what I was looking for. I love qwerty keyboards but had such a tough time with the Palm's keyboard. (not as easy as I'd hoped- and I had wanted a Palm for a while)
    My biggest decision was which carrier. I for some reason felt T-mobile was the best for me. (I now live in a bigger more populated state) I had 20 people tell me ATT and I had 1 person say T-Mo. We'll see. 3 weeks in so far so good. My only complaint is syncing with my Mac.
    10-28-07 09:03 PM
    i had a sprint phone mm7400 with a palm m500 i got tired of syncing and i left sprint. m500 was so out of date and palm just wasn't for me anymore .i was looking to get a treo at first but then i started reading up on the blackberry. but to make a long story short my memory got bad and instead up sticking post it notes all over my house i decided to get a blackberry
    10-28-07 09:14 PM
    Im just curious.
    I had my Moto V3i for almost 2 years and it was time to get a new phone. I would have bought the Pearl months earlier but I heard that the Curve was going to come out and did my research and concluded the Curve was exactly what I needed.

The Curve has been an exceptional phone. I take a lot of time and do a lot of customizations to my phones and the Curve hasn't dissappointed me. It has proven to be a terrific mobile communication device in an exceptional form factor.

I think the Curve goes down in history as the best mobile phone ever made up to this point in time.
    10-29-07 02:22 AM
    Had 3 Q's die on me, VZW gave me a T700wx. Battery guzzling brick that wouldn't make it a day with slow, crappy software. Travel frequently for business, lusted after the 8310. Best phone I've ever owned - couldn't be happier. GPS is a Godsend for the road warrior - telenav works great for me and it's all onboard so only one little USB cable to carry - no puck, no charger, nothing else to loose, keep up with, etc. Email, messaging, Outlook synch, phone sounds good, AT&T coverage has been generally great everywhere I go so far - love it. I haven't seen a true need for 3G yet and it'll go 2 full days before needing a recharge. Truly in love with the damn thing!
    10-29-07 07:07 AM
    I have had every version of smartphone that there has been. Treos, BB's, WM, Iphone, etc.. My first one ever was a BB and I always knew I would eventually come back.
    10-29-07 07:46 AM
    I had a Sidekick 3 and it was alright. It's a little young but, fun and their wasn't enough applications. I was going to get the LX but, I read up on the reviews and the review said that it still doesn't compare to the Curve just released on Tmobile. So, I was curious and read up on the Curve. It took me about 3 minutes before I ordered off line. I've been trying to trick it out ever since. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't do video but, I got over it quick. I love you Curve!
    10-29-07 08:35 AM
    I've been using a Blackberry since retiring my old Motorola 2 way pager. My current one is a 7130 that does has the necessary features:
    Bluetooth
    Speakerphone
    Active screen

It even has the ability to use custom ring tones and the ability to assign unique ringtones to individuals in your address book. My only issue is that PDF and spreadsheet files have never been handled right by Blackberrys. Smartphones like the Motorola Q (which I had for 6 months as a pilot comparison test) did not have the desired security for the email.
    10-29-07 09:51 AM
    Over the past 12 years, I and my family have owned 8 Nokias, 2 Sony-Ericssons, 1 Samsung, and 1 Palm Tungsten E. I'm a complete Nokia fanboy, which can be frustrating being in the US. Hands down the best overall quality and radio in the industry.

I'm a complete gadget freak, and with my Nokia 6230, I discovered the world of unlocking and flashing phones through HowardForums, Expansys, and Mobiledia. I started wanting more control over my device.

At this time, my wife was carrying her Samsung E317 and Tungsten E, and she started wanting a single device. I kept close tabs on the Treo leaks from BoyGenius on Engadget and others, and was almost out of contract when the Treo 680 hit Cingular. My wife wanted it, and I was considering it because I needed a PIM. My 6230 could do everything, but it didn't handle the internet well due to its incredibly small screen, and creating calendar entries on the go with T9 and multi-tap sucks.

My wife was bugging me to get new phones. We were out of contract and had been waiting almost 2 and a half years to get new phones. I was desperately awaiting the Nokia N75, but Cingular botched the launch, crippled the device, and forced Nokia to keep it off their OTA update site. Battery life on Cingular's lame UMTS 3G network was about a day. I couldn't justify the phone, and I hated everything else out there. I was about to get us a pair of Treo 680s, but I wanted a better camera and faster data without paying $399 for a WinMo device, which I didn't really want, anyway.

Then I saw a post about the upcoming BlackBerry Curve. I read the specs. I watched the Flash on BlackBerryCurve.com. I wiped my chin. I showed it to my wife and said, "I'm ready to get a phone, but it won't be out for 2 more weeks." She said, "I want one."

So here we are with 2 Curves and no regrets. I cannot imagine using another type of handset.

/Except maybe the Nokia N95 Black 8GB US model 3. Maybe.
    10-29-07 10:24 AM
    I've always liked the bb but I felt that it was a boring phone, just strictly for business purposes (like nokia) nothing exciting. I have a couple of friends that had them and I liked the qwerty keyboard. One day my wife cousin bought the bb pearl and I thought it was the coolest bb ever, but it was to girley and it didn't have the qwerty keyboard that I wanted. I thought that my wife would love to have that since bb's finally decided to put a camera on their phones. She liked it but also wanted one with video as well since our last phone had all the bells and whistles, so we went to the stores to look at the pearl and saw the curve. I instantly wanted the curve for me because it was just more manly. We both however ended up with the curve and wouldn't trade it for anything at least for now until they bring out the bb's with video and camera in one. I really like the look of the curve and the curve had a grown folks appeal and I just simply wanted it. I have to agree with "wirelessforever" the curve has to be the best phone ever invented. I love this thing and can't put it down.
    Last edited by Bedrock; 10-29-07 at 11:12 AM.
    10-29-07 11:09 AM
    I had a RAZR for years, along with a Dell Axim PDA. I knew someday I'd get a smartphone and merge the two devices, but I didn't want a big clunky phone like the Treos and the first BBs, so I never took the leap till the Pearl came out. Now I don't plan to change, I love everything about it.
    10-29-07 01:02 PM
    I had the Samsung T409 and could not get it working properly with UMA (TMo) and after three phone exchanges, one battery exchange, and one sim card replacement, customer care finally gave up and gave me the 8320. I have had the razr, the dash and now am the proud owner of the curve and I am loving it! This is my first blackberry and I am already an addict!
    10-29-07 06:16 PM
    I was a Palm Treo (700w, 680) man for 3 years and after complaining all that time about bad battery life, and the Treo freezing on me 5 to 6 times a day, always having to reset the phone. Not being able to send attachments by email, etc�.I grew tired. It made no sense that I had to keep a charger a home, a charger at work, and a charger in the car. Anyway I switched to BB about 2 � years ago and have been in love with it since then. I�m never turning away from BB.
    10-29-07 07:09 PM
    long time pda/smartphone user. moved from a clie + cell combo to a sidekick color back in the day. got sick of that real fast and went back to palm os with a treo 650. tired of its issued, i eventually moved to a dash with WM5, then WM6 and finally realized it was time.

stability, design, integration, the list goes on.
    10-29-07 07:23 PM
    My husband has always laughed at me for being such a "technophile". I definitely enjoy getting the latest and greatest gadget I can get ahold of. Imagine my envy then when I ran into a friend who had the pearl and refused to use it for anything but calls and the occassional txt claiming that the thing was just too complicated. She graciously allowed me to tinker with it throughout the night and I was addicted! The last 3 months of my contract with Cingular were pure torture. I ended up getting an amazing deal through T-Mobile @ Wirefly. How I got by before my Pearl is an utter mystery to me. Now if I could just reign the addiction in a little...

10-29-07 10:20 PM
    I got my BB for easier texting, internet when I don't have access to a computer.... the GPS on the 8310 has come in handy for me a few times already too.
    10-29-07 11:08 PM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD