if my pb is on wifi and i on a web do it
    use my normel data plan or bis

Sent from my BlackBerry Tapatalk
    06-28-12 03:06 PM
    And what is your question?

Sent from my incredible unbelieveable BlackBerry Torch 9860 using Schlabbatalk
    06-28-12 04:46 PM
    ok if on bis and on wifi what do the pb choose between the 2 or does it always run on wifi

wifi meening my date plan

06-28-12 05:26 PM
    If your pb is connected to your home wifi it is using just that. Your pb does not use your data plan unless you have a blackberry bridged, tethered or making any phone a wifi hotspot.
    06-28-12 05:30 PM
    so if my blackberry is on bridged and i make the same blackberry a hotspot it is using my date plan and not my bis if i am
    only on a web site or is der a limmit on sy i download a app that is 200mb the it switch to wifi date plan or not

06-28-12 05:41 PM
    If you're using your phone to access, download etc. by your playbook it is using your phones data plan allotment.

If you are using your playbook on a wifi network or hotspot that doesn't use your phone in any shape or form then it is not using your phones data plan. Just like a laptop using wifi.
    06-28-12 05:48 PM
    why i ask it i have apps that need internet or wifi ok and apps the does not neet wifi internet nou i have to put the wifi on only toe see like the weather beweather needs a wifi inetrnet to work on my pb

06-28-12 05:48 PM
    I believe there is a hierarchy

pb bridged to phone = carrier data plan used (bis gateway)
    pb on home wifi = home wifi used obviously
    pb bridged to phone and connected to home wifi = wifi takes priority for network connectivity
    pb on wifi via blackberry hotspot = carrier data plan used (at&t's gateway)
    pb on home wifi and blackberry hotspot = not possible

Though by your first post you talk about normal data plan and BIS. A bridged playbook uses BIS for connectivity. If its connected to a blackberry phone hotspot it will use your tethering plan or at&t's own gateway, the data usage will still be the same as your current BIS plan, it will just use another "server" to surf the web and the data wont be as compressed as when using bridge which uses BIS. The data usage on your plan will be the same whether you use bridge or the phone's hotspot.

If you use your home wifi its just that, using your home wifi.
    06-28-12 07:30 PM
    nou i ander stand thanks a lot for all the help i am

06-28-12 07:40 PM
    now a am confusd am connected to wifi bewheater is and andriod app i thinnk and its sil no internet connected that is what the app sy and all ader andriod apps

06-28-12 07:44 PM
    now a am confusd am connected to wifi bewheater is and andriod app i thinnk and its sil no internet connected that is what the app sy and all ader andriod apps

Hmm might it be a bug with the android player? Have you checked the options of berryweather? to see if there is any related option? On the phones you get to chose whether it uses wifi or bis or so so so.
    06-29-12 12:17 AM
    No...wifi doesn't use data or cost you money
    06-29-12 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD