The other day there was a notification for an app update on my PB. I can't remember what it was, but that's not the point. What was significant is I can't remember when the last update before that happened. Is BB even working on PB any more? Are any developers working on apps for it? I get updates on my iPhone every other day if not more often. I don't even have that many apps on my phone.

I really love my PB. Hope it is still a living platform.
    06-27-12 08:26 AM
    It is alive and well.
    06-27-12 08:27 AM
    If I remember correctly, it has a life cycle of 45 days before updating. But dunno since PB OS 2.1 is being made.
    06-27-12 08:40 AM
    The other day there was a notification for an app update on my PB. I can't remember what it was, but that's not the point. What was significant is I can't remember when the last update before that happened. Is BB even working on PB any more? Are any developers working on apps for it? I get updates on my iPhone every other day if not more often. I don't even have that many apps on my phone.

I really love my PB. Hope it is still a living platform.
    It's the Zombie of tablets....it's dead, but doesn't know it. "Brains, brains!!"
    06-27-12 08:46 AM
    I would expect OS 2.1 in July, hopefully with BB10 coming before Christmas. I hope that OS 2.1 isn't delayed, because releasing it in August, when BB10 phones are supposed to release (possibly) in September/October, would look more stop-gap than it already does. A good strong release of 2.1 in July would speak really well towards the readiness of BB10 and the likelihood of on on-time release of it. *fingers crossed* The message RIM wants to send is that BB10 is hitting on all cylinders and will release on time. Anything less will be devastating.
    06-27-12 08:47 AM
    Originally Posted by ditto1958: Is BB even working on PB any more? Are any developers working on apps for it?
    It's the Zombie of tablets....it's dead, but doesn't know it. "Brains, brains!!"
    You folks need to pay more attention. Maybe read the CB blog from time to time? Or any other BB site? You are out of touch and dead wrong.
    SK122387 likes this.
    06-27-12 08:50 AM
    Just got back from a 1 week vacation from Cuba and I had 6 app updates waiting for me when I got back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    06-27-12 09:04 AM
    I would expect OS 2.1 in July, hopefully with BB10 coming before Christmas. I hope that OS 2.1 isn't delayed, because releasing it in August, when BB10 phones are supposed to release (possibly) in September/October, would look more stop-gap than it already does.
    There have been no announced release dates for PlayBook OS updates, so it can't be delayed. This is the type of thinking that has stock analysts claiming that BB10 was supposed to be out last fall.

OS 2.1 will be out when it is ready. As you stated, it will probably come out before the BB10 phones and then 3.0 will come out after the BB10 phones.
    06-27-12 09:10 AM
    Of course it is alive. But the devs are so good, there are no bugs. (joking) No you'll have to wait for BBx/BB10 before you van see that too
    06-27-12 09:13 AM
    I woke up to drink some water and I had 3 app updates waiting. I think one yesterday too.
    But that's just timing and really boils down to which apps & games you happen to have. A little silly to think the platform is dead (or dying) because you haven't personally had an update to any of your apps within 'X' amount of days… Just sayin'.
    gwinegarden likes this.
    06-27-12 09:15 AM
    There have been no announced release dates for PlayBook OS updates, so it can't be delayed. This is the type of thinking that has stock analysts claiming that BB10 was supposed to be out last fall.
    I think you misunderstood. When he said "delayed" he wasn't indicating there was a previous release schedule. (I think we're all being a little too literal sometimes, yours truly included.)

OS 2.1 will be out when it is ready. As you stated, it will probably come out before the BB10 phones and then 3.0 will come out after the BB10 phones.
    My understanding is that there won't be an OS specifically called "3.0."
    I believe after 2.x that that the PB OS's will adopt the same version #'s as the BB10 devices. (For which the numbering scheme has yet to be revealed.)
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-27-12 09:20 AM
    You get multiple daily updates from Apple? Must have a lot that needs fixing.
    Elite1 and SK122387 like this.
    06-27-12 09:22 AM
    Also BBJam10 world tour and Cascade webcast events are going on right now...

Developers are busy attending those events, and working on their BB10 applications.

But what do I know I am just a developer...
    Elite1 and rrrebo like this.
    06-27-12 09:25 AM
    Is very much alive and with it being a year old it stacks up well against tablets including the new nexus 7 that was announced today from Google. 1.2 mp camera lol. Nexus 7 Tablet: Google Unveils Features, Price Of New Device Running Android Jelly Bean
    06-27-12 04:06 PM
    [[[[Is very much alive and with it being a year old it stacks up well against tablets including the new nexus 7 that was announced today from Google. 1.2 mp camera lol. Nexus 7 Tablet: Google Unveils Features, Price Of New Device Running Android Jelly Bean]]]
    With Nexus 7 at $200 apiece + 7” display 1280x800 + powerful quad-core processor , PB will have little chance even to prevail in the 7" market.
    I love my PB so far until I can try out the new Nexus

Daniel, T O
    06-27-12 04:20 PM
    Just got a bridge update. Perhaps a PB update is coming. Doesn't mean there will be one though, in the past it did.
    06-27-12 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD