Okay so I have had the 6Gig data plan for quite some time (back from when the iPhone 3GS was released) and just last summer I changed over to a blackberry. I called in to get the blackberry code put on the 6gig data but the rep on the phone said he could switch my contract to save me some money and I said sure as long as I was not losing my 6 gig data. He ended up putting me on a blackberry plan that had 1 gig data included and said I still had the 6 gigs of data (showed up as 6gb shared data for 10 bucks). MyRogers showed that I have only used xxx gigs of 6 gigs of data so I thought nothing of it. Few weeks ago I broke my berry and have been using my old iPhone as a temp phone until the Galaxy S3 comes out. I called in today to reserve the Galaxy S3 and they told me that they are kicking people off the blackberry plans that are not using blackberry's and I said that's fine when I get my S3 I will call in (to retentions, my plan ends in a month) and change my plan. She tells me though that I will lose my 6 gig data plan though. I don't understand why I would lose that, so I ask her and she says that it's no longer offered.

My question is what the is going on. I'm confused as to why I would lose my 6gigs (she offered me a plan for 3 gigs that costs 5 bucks more); also any advice on what to do would be great (should I be calling retentions).

Lastly, does anyone know if Bell is still offering the 6 Gig data plan (didn't see it advertised on there website). The 6 gigs is essential for me as I use data on the phone a lot (radio streaming etc.) and if Rogers won't give me the 6 gigs I'd rather go to bell (even if they aren't offering the 6 gig data plan).
    06-25-12 01:35 PM
    I think going to retentions would be your best bet. Some people here have had good luck with them. Rogers is just trying to get you off that plan because they rather lock you into something that has less for more cost. As you stated, a 3GB plan for 5 bucks more, doesnt sound like much of a deal.

When you are trying to fight for it, bring up that you had the 6GB of data before you got your BB. If they are saying they want to take people off the BB plans, maybe that will save it.

Hopefully you can get it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using the CB App!
    06-26-12 05:53 AM
    tell them the bare minimum you need is 5GB. They offer a 10GB for $50 plan now. Although its $20 more than the 6GB for $30, you might be able to get retentions to work something out for you with that data plan.
    06-27-12 10:21 AM
    I have the 6Gb bb plan, and when I called to switch it to the 6gb smart phone plan they said its not available and that 6GB was promotional for when they launched the 4s. But the rep was nice, she told me I could use my smart phone with a BB data plan. So now I switch between my BB and Iphone 4S (I use a micro sim card, it fits in the 9900 just has to be centered properly as it is smaller).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD