So my bb had a hardware problem, the volume controls werent working. I called in for a replacement since i was still under warranty. Next day good fella from UPS delivered the package, it was refurbished pearl. It's been about a week since i was sent the new/refurb pearl. Should i return the old or shall i keep it?.. for me its useless cuz of its external problem and i m not genius at fixing mobile devices. My good morals tell me i shuold drop if off to a closet ups store. just wann know your thoughts.. hopefully play with rogers csr.. have them call me couple times.. cuz we get screwed.. why not them for once... lol
    09-17-08 12:46 PM
    If you don't return it Rogers will bill you for it @ Full Price. I had the same problem in the past. After I received replacement phone I called Rogers and they told me that I have about 30 days to return it, otherwise I'll be billed for it @ full price.
    09-17-08 01:49 PM
    Ya I agree with mrcurve, return it or else you WILL be billed full price for it.
    09-17-08 01:56 PM
    lol them Rog(bb)ers.. always after you..
    09-17-08 04:58 PM
    Yup they'll bill you...had it happen to me...but once I sent it in, they reversed the charge...
    09-17-08 09:12 PM
    They bill you extra for no reason, I'm sure they will get you for this one. Return it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 04:59 AM
    They bill you extra for no reason, I'm sure they will get you for this one. Return it!
    lol them Rog(bb)ers.. always after you..
    Ummm, can anyone REALLY fault Rogers for that? Did anyone really think that they'd let you keep it free of charge??? Of course they want it back . . . it's a REPLACEMENT for a phone that's broken that you can't use anyway. And, why would anyone expect to keep something for nothing?

I don't think I've EVER dealt with a ANY company that hasn't behaved the exact same way when it comes to warranty replacements. Hard drives, TV's, GPS units, vaccuum cleaners . . . . the broken units go back to the manufacturer to figure out what went wrong (and hopefully make future ones better), and possibly fixed up to use to send out again, or sold to refurbished unit wholesalers.
    09-18-08 07:49 AM
    Actually there are many companies out there that actually don't rip you off. Ro(bb)ers, as someone explained so well, is not one of them.
    Should the phone be returned...yes its the right thing to do for a company that is so wrong. Death to ro(bb)ers! Lol I love that name!

09-19-08 08:51 AM
    Seriously, how is that ripping you off? You've paid Rogers at one point for ONE phone, and in the end, you own ONE phone.

If you buy a TV and it doesn't work, does Walmart let you just keep the old one and give you another?

Why should it be any different with a phone?
    09-19-08 12:11 PM
    I was not refering to the phone. I was speaking in general terms. If you looked at my initial response you would see that I agreed it should be returned.

09-19-08 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD