Hi All,

My Blackberry 9300 won't turn on. It has the red light on for a few seconds, then it just disappears.

I have charged the battery also with no success. I have tried Battery Pulls but with no success, although at one time I did get the 'Charging Symbol'.

It isn't under warranty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-25-12 04:33 AM
    That happened tome twice since i got my 9300 1 yr ago. The only option I think is sending it to your carrier in my case vodafone. They fixed mine the 1st time, but then it happened again. and the 2nd time they gave me a brand new 9300 and since then ive been having no problems

Hope I helped
    Best Regards
    Djsporting
    06-25-12 01:16 PM
    Letting your battery run down to often like below 30% can cause such issues. Can even damage a battery. Remove the battery and plug the phone to charger, now replace the battery while the charger is plugged in and leave it for awhile.

Also you may wanna get another battery or borrow a friends to check if it boots.
    06-25-12 02:48 PM
    That happened tome twice since i got my 9300 1 yr ago. The only option I think is sending it to your carrier in my case vodafone. They fixed mine the 1st time, but then it happened again. and the 2nd time they gave me a brand new 9300 and since then ive been having no problems

Hope I helped
    Best Regards
    Djsporting
    Thank you very much for your reply. I took it into Vodafone but the guy I spoke to said that they would have to send it back to Blackberry and that it wasn't really worth it as it isn't under warranty and they would just charge me a large amount.

Letting your battery run down to often like below 30% can cause such issues. Can even damage a battery. Remove the battery and plug the phone to charger, now replace the battery while the charger is plugged in and leave it for awhile.

Also you may wanna get another battery or borrow a friends to check if it boots.
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried the above and no such luck unfortunately.

I also tried another battery from a friends phone but it wouldn't boot (although I didn't try a battery pull with it).

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-25-12 02:59 PM
    Try "force detection of blackberry smartphone using application loader"
    06-25-12 04:13 PM
    You need a pc and bb desktop manager (DM) and bb pc usb cable.
    Remove the battery from the phone and connect the phone to the pc.
    Now open DM ....@ this point DM should say something along the lines:

"If the device is rebooting or dead battery...etc "
    At this point click on UPDATE.

For this to work you need install latest 9300 os on your pc.
    06-25-12 04:58 PM
    Try "force detection of blackberry smartphone using application loader"
    You need a pc and bb desktop manager (DM) and bb pc usb cable.
    Remove the battery from the phone and connect the phone to the pc.
    Now open DM ....@ this point DM should say something along the lines:

"If the device is rebooting or dead battery...etc "
    At this point click on UPDATE.

For this to work you need install latest 9300 os on your pc.
    Thankyou very much for that. I followed this guide : Support: How to perform a force detect when Application Loader does not detect the device: BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0

But once it downloads the files and starts installing them I get 'Reconnecting to JVM' and it won't reconnect to my phone - even if I unplug it and replug it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 05:30 AM
    "Reconnecting to JVM" @ this point was battery re-inserted?
    06-26-12 05:53 AM
    "Reconnecting to JVM" @ this point was battery re-inserted?
    Yes. I did the following things :

1) Connected phone to PC with no battery
    2) Clicked Update
    3) Inserted Battery
    4) It downloaded files (485 I think).
    5) It then went to install them on the phone

This is when I get the Reconnecting to JVM message.

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 07:05 AM
    This is the link I was looking at here the battery is inserted a few steps later.

KB10144-How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Not if sure this makes a difference but try it.
    06-26-12 07:24 AM
    One more question is DM seeing your pin?
    06-26-12 07:29 AM
    This is the link I was looking at here the battery is inserted a few steps later.

KB10144-How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Not if sure this makes a difference but try it.
    Thanks, I'll try it now.

One more question is DM seeing your pin?
    Yes it is.

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 07:51 AM
    Out of curiosity I took the battery from my old 8520 and connected it to the pc but I opened BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife).

It didn't detect my phone, however DM and BMCP (Blackberry Master Control Program 1.0.0 both detected by BB PIN.

The reason I tried this is to see if I could WIPE my BB first before loading the Os.

Maybe download BMCP and wipe your device.

On BMCP next to "home/house" icon you see a "gear" like icon....click it.
    Now on the right of the screen near the top you will see "enable protected controls".
    Enter "BrickBerry" in the text field, a "green arrow" will now appear.
    Now click on the "java" icon on the left of the screen, it looks like a coffee mug which is below the "home" icon.

On this screen towards the bottom you will see "factory reset" and "handheld wipe".

At this point it is possible a factory reset may somehow help.
    Or handheld wipe you go to make a decision as I don't want to wipe my 8520, my mum uses it.

At handheld wipe there are from full wipe to just apps or filesystems.
    Again you can make a choice, and let me make it clear I have NOT tried it I wanted to see if I got the options to do it.

My theory is this: if I can wipe the device this way first then maybe JVM will now find it easier to connect when you trying to load the Os.

My expertise end here.

Good luck
    06-26-12 08:08 AM
    Out of curiosity I took the battery from my old 8520 and connected it to the pc but I opened BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife).

It didn't detect my phone, however DM and BMCP (Blackberry Master Control Program 1.0.0 both detected by BB PIN.

The reason I tried this is to see if I could WIPE my BB first before loading the Os.

Maybe download BMCP and wipe your device.

On BMCP next to "home/house" icon you see a "gear" like icon....click it.
    Now on the right of the screen near the top you will see "enable protected controls".
    Enter "BrickBerry" in the text field, a "green arrow" will now appear.
    Now click on the "java" icon on the left of the screen, it looks like a coffee mug which is below the "home" icon.

On this screen towards the bottom you will see "factory reset" and "handheld wipe".

At this point it is possible a factory reset may somehow help.
    Or handheld wipe you go to make a decision as I don't want to wipe my 8520, my mum uses it.

At handheld wipe there are from full wipe to just apps or filesystems.
    Again you can make a choice, and let me make it clear I have NOT tried it I wanted to see if I got the options to do it.

My theory is this: if I can wipe the device this way first then maybe JVM will now find it easier to connect when you trying to load the Os.

My expertise end here.

Good luck
    Thankyou ever so much! I am currently trying this : KB10144-How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Once it has ended I will see if it works, or if I get Reconnecting to to JVM message again.

If it doesn't work I will try the above, once I have downloaded BMCP. (THANKS!)

I will try a Factory Reset first I think, then if I have no luck with that I will try a Handheld Wipe. I'll probably do a full wipe (even though I'll lose everything) as it will be the most likely to work.

After I do the wipe should I use Blackberry Desktop to install the new OS, by doing this : KB10144-How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

I am also currently downloading the latest OS system for it manually. Is there anything I can do with that or doesn't it really help?

Thanks again, I really, really appreciate your help!

Unfortunately I am just off now, but I will be back on later to let you know how I got on - and hopefully it will be good news!

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 08:20 AM
    Truthfully not sure.

What I forgot to mention is that I'm attempting to see if can get "error 507" on popup on your phone.

Don't worry this code is what we want all it means that blackberry is now say: I am now ready to for the Os to be loaded because no Os is loaded in memory banks.

This in away tells us that functioning in normal parameters so far.

As for your question about you downloading the os manually.

1. Is this Os from your carrier.
    ---if yes then we don't have remove vendor.xml files.

2. If not then we have to. Search crackberry there are small apps that can do this for you or you can do it manually...

First download the Os and install on your pc....from this point DM, BMCP can detect the os fine.

Whether to do force detection will depend on DM responds after the wipe.
    06-26-12 08:48 AM
    Truthfully not sure.

What I forgot to mention is that I'm attempting to see if can get "error 507" on popup on your phone.

Don't worry this code is what we want all it means that blackberry is now say: I am now ready to for the Os to be loaded because no Os is loaded in memory banks.

This in away tells us that functioning in normal parameters so far.

As for your question about you downloading the os manually.

1. Is this Os from your carrier.
    ---if yes then we don't have remove vendor.xml files.

2. If not then we have to. Search crackberry there are small apps that can do this for you or you can do it manually...

First download the Os and install on your pc....from this point DM, BMCP can detect the os fine.

Whether to do force detection will depend on DM responds after the wipe.
    I downloaded the OS from here : http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os

My carrier is Vodafone UK.

Is that OK or do I need to install another one?

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 11:59 AM
    Think its best considering the current circumstances that you download Vodafone UK's os, their latest official release.

This way installation will be easier, if you check on crackberry and google elsewhere sometimes even after deleting vendor files it won't install. The reasons as why are to many explain now.
    06-26-12 12:07 PM
    Think its best considering the current circumstances that you download Vodafone UK's os, their latest official release.

This way installation will be easier, if you check on crackberry and google elsewhere sometimes even after deleting vendor files it won't install. The reasons as why are to many explain now.
    Thanks. I'll find the OS for Vodafone then. How do I go about installing it manually? I take it I do it once I have 'wiped' the phone?

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 12:14 PM
    I just went to use BlackBerry Master Control Program to factory reset it, but it can't find the Devices Pin?

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 12:17 PM
    Also tried Blackberry Swiss Army Knife but that didn't recognise by Phone/PIN either?

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 12:56 PM
    It would now see that Blackberry Desktop Software isn't even recognising that the Blackberry is connected. Seems very strange that this has suddenly happened?

It probably explains why the other two programs can't seem to get the devices pin, as it probably isn't connected.

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 01:10 PM
    Just run click on install or "run as administratot" if using win 7 the os will install itself.
    06-26-12 01:29 PM
    Just run click on install or "run as administratot" if using win 7 the os will install itself.
    I haven't wiped the phone yet though? Oh, and I'm using Vista.

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 01:36 PM
    Do not have DM, BBsak and Bmcp all open at once.

This could be the reason your pin is not showing.
    06-26-12 01:38 PM
    Do not have DM, BBsak and Bmcp all open at once.

This could be the reason your pin is not showing.
    Thanks Fox. Unfortunately they were open individually....

Thanks and ATB

James
    06-26-12 01:41 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD