I'm all out of ideas on this one, i've searched everywhere but could not find any solutions to this problem.

My BlackBerry Curve 9300 was working fine with excellent battery health, hardly ever getting flat. That was up until around 4-6 days ago when suddenly it just started to go off at random times. The battery would be full then on 90% it would go off and show battery low. Sometimes 70% and all random times, even went off just below 50% and yesterday again 30% without any warning, it just goes off. Then when you switch the phone on again, after the phone boots up, it shows that battery is drained and switches off unless I charge it. Then it starts charging from 0% or sometimes jump back to what it was before it said drained, when the charger is plugged in.

I have not installed any other or new applications then those which was already running on the phone. I checked and there is also no background applications running and anything that could be a problem i've tried checking. I've even done a software upgrade from the Desktop Software to my phone, but my problem still persists.

Any help regarding this issue would be appreciated
    06-24-12 06:54 AM
    There might be a problem with the charger or the battery..make your blackberry run out to 0 den u should recharge it there mmight be a problem with the battery reader. If nothing works get it checked out
    06-24-12 08:46 AM
    I'm the BES admin for a large company and I've ordered hundreds of these 9300's and I'm starting to see a sudden rash of battery drain issues/shut down issues.

It's quite frustrating to simply order a replacement without knowing WHY this stupid battery drain is happening. I've been refusing to order new devices and have been having the end users order new batteries but this isn't helping as even new batteries are draining quickly.

This has GOT to be a hardware/software malfunction and I can't believe RIM isn't owning up to it. It's really annoying.
    07-17-12 04:10 PM
    I had this problem too but i found a solution. Along with the battery draining very fast, it would also freeze all the time as well as reset itself several times a day. I found the solution accidentally.
    I would keep my BB charger next to my bed to charge each night. Since i didnt have a travel charger, i took my cord with me on a trip. When i got home, i couldnt find where i put my charger so i grabbed a cord for a different phone which had the same connector. Soon my battery started draining within 2 hrs and it started acting up. After a week, i found my BB cord and started using it. After one charge, the issues stopped. I experimented and the same thing happened each time i used a non OEM BB cord. My stepson was borrowing my BB a few weeks ago and called me saying the battery wouldnt stay charged and it was resetting itself. I asked which charger he was using and he said he forgot the charger and was using his mom's LG cord. Used the BB cord again and the problem went away!
    I always use the OEM BB charger now. Its made a huge difference!
    07-23-12 03:29 PM
    The battery might not be calibrated correctly, which means the phone isn't reading the correct battery level. You could purposely drain the battery from a full charge (leave it plugged in for a long time) until it shuts off, then charge it back up to full again. If that doesn't work, get a new battery.
    07-23-12 06:13 PM
    I bought a new battery for my curve 9300 and it still does the same thing... I did the initial 8 hour overnight charge before switching the phone on. But same thing happened the next day... It is soo frustrating that I have to recharge my phone every 2 hours. I do use a blackberry cord and a blackberry charger... I did realize that it takes around 25 minutes to max 45 mins to fully charge... My battery life was about 60% before it shut down by itself this morning. Biggest regret getting this phone after my bold 9900 got stolen.
    11-09-12 03:51 AM
    About 2 weeks ago was the last time I had this problem which was going on for a good 2 months at least!

plus when ever I wanted to make a phone call it just restarted the blackberry.

In the end I just reloaded the OS and gave it a good charge overnight.

That's all i can suggest hope it works for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    11-09-12 01:32 PM
    My phone has been doing the same thing for a few months now. I have recently downloaded the latest OS, but its still doing the same thing. It just shuts off whenever it wants to. How did you go about reloading the OS? Tmobile told me to uninstall and then install the OS, and remove the memory card. I don't have a desktop to be able to do this.
    01-04-13 02:14 PM
    In your case not having a computer to reload the OS I would suggest to go to a internet cafe and do it yourself there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 01:19 AM
    You could just have bad coverage and it's constantly searching and draining itself. The battery on my old 9300 was really bad, on the torch with wifi and bluetooth on 24/7 it's stayed around a 5% drain rate slightly higher the past 2-3 weeks up to 6.8 due to me always using a pb charger on it.

Try clearing cache, clearing ram, or even a security wipe/new battery. Try draining the battery and slow charging it with your computer.
    01-09-13 02:35 AM
    I can't even drain the battery
    I'm at the point where I have a cell phone, but not a mobile phone. If it's not plugged into a charger, it will shut off within a minute or two. I assumed it was a battery issue so I replaced it, but I still have the same issue.

How successful has reloading the OS been for those of you who've tried it?

Also, is anyone's battery swelling as a result of this? That's what's happening with mine; even my brand new battery started to swell a bit almost immediately.

Is my phone bricked?
    01-10-13 12:30 PM
    My blackberry is making me sick, if am browsing online most times it will just trip off and reboot, if I want to snap it will reboot, and the battery does not last. if it is 100% and I remove the charger and just chat with BBm it will will say battery drained. Its killing me cuz ave flashed the phone and its still tripping Off
    06-28-13 11:29 AM
    Someone has already mentioned hunting for signal but that hasn't been picked up on. The 9300 is set to run on 3G....but if the signal is weak or comes and goes the phone will constantly hunt. This not only drains the battery but can make it hot as it's over working.

Go into options, device networks and connections, mobile network, and in there change the setting from 3G to 2g. See if that stops it.

Posted via CB10
    manstett likes this.
    06-29-13 05:42 PM
    okay for all those that are having blackberry battery issues..here's what you do...
    when you order a new battery for GOD'S sake... DO NOT USE THE BATTERY....but the battery in your phone and leave to charge for 6-10 hours straight without touching the phone...those that use thier battery's when its bought newly messes up the life span..the battery reader begins to malfunction..worked for me..hope this helps
    07-31-13 09:12 AM
    HI this is sometimes a common problem
    It happened to me when i first got my used bb curve 9300
    take out the battery...Is it soft?
    if it is soft that is why there is a problem.
    change the battery, u can buy them form the web or stores and then it work perfectly!
    i didnt know this when it happened to me so i took it to the market where someone looks and sells phone and he said it was a problem wid the battery and that it was soft etc....
    hope this helps, if it still does not work take it to someone to check it and see what is wrong with it
    xx
    08-06-13 10:31 AM
    my blackberry was working properly,but last night it got switched off by finishig the battery power.After connecting to the charger the phone gets booted and arrives at a screen where it is written "BLACKBERRY" and got stuck.what to do to get rid of this problem?
    12-19-13 05:31 AM
    I was having the same problem with my BB curve. it would only work while plugged in. if you un hooked it from a power source it would just shut down like it had no battery, would only come on if you hooked back up to power source. I read this thread and something dawned on me, while I was in cuba I switched my phone to 2G /3G. well I switched it back to just 3 G and so far so good on the phone. Not sure how long it will last but fingers crossed it has been 10 mins. and that is 9mins and 55 seconds longer then the last time so far.
    02-06-14 01:20 PM
    was just going to replace my bb today after looking all over the net for an answer. Finally I saw this one and switched my bb back to 3G only form 2g/3g and it seems to be working. Thank you very much for the information.
    Your the only one on all these forums (and I have been to many) that had an answer I could use.
    Someone has already mentioned hunting for signal but that hasn't been picked up on. The 9300 is set to run on 3G....but if the signal is weak or comes and goes the phone will constantly hunt. This not only drains the battery but can make it hot as it's over working.

Go into options, device networks and connections, mobile network, and in there change the setting from 3G to 2g. See if that stops it.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 01:23 PM
    Please i need help !
    My curve 9300 battery runs down in the night,works normal in the day, i think its so becuause when i dont use it in the night? This problem is always, help!!!!!
    02-17-14 07:03 AM
    So the 3G change was a fix that didn't last long. I will go weeks with out a problem, and then it acts up.
    I have 2 good batteries and know it is not the batteries or charger. I talked to a rep that sells them and she said it is common, but they don't know why. And not worth fixing.
    So I guess that 's it I cant live by my phone cord plugged in to have it for sure work.
    Time for an Iphone.
    Sorry BB you lost a long time customer.
    02-26-14 02:18 PM
    hello bro
    my blackberry curve 9320 i will charge full 100percent the battery is 60-70 then reboot what can i do?
    05-13-14 09:14 AM
    The battery might not be calibrated correctly, which means the phone isn't reading the correct battery level. You could purposely drain the battery from a full charge (leave it plugged in for a long time) until it shuts off, then charge it back up to full again. If that doesn't work, get a new battery.
    03-13-15 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD