I have playbook 64gb with 2.01.358 installed. I have plantronics
    backbeat 903+. While using this headset I am not able to inrease or decrease volume from the playbook. Playbook tells me that volume controls not supported on my headset. But the same headset when connected to ipad 2, the volume can be decreased or increased from the ipad. What could be the reason?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    06-24-12 12:50 AM
    RIM left out that little desirable feature when they introduced A2DP. Sucks.
    06-24-12 02:30 PM
    Does the headset have it's own volume control?
    06-24-12 02:34 PM
    It works with some headsets but not all. I have an el cheapo Insignia pair that supports only the controls on the headset (also, the play/pause button only pauses and won't resume). However, my Motorola S10s support the full range of contols, including volume via both the headset contols and the PB's buttons (shows a separate bluetooth volume graphic on the PB's screen). So it does work, but not with all devices.

RCK
    06-24-12 02:48 PM
    All controls work on the sony thing I have.
    06-24-12 08:03 PM
    I have another issue with my Nexxtech Soaring Bluetooth headset from The Source. Besides the volume buttons not working on th playbook when connected, the microphone on the headset also does not work with the playbook. I tried different apps that uses the mix (video chat, 2 different voice recorder apps) but no joy. When connected to my phone, the mix works without a problem. Does anyone has the same issue with another headset and will there be a difference if I load up 2.1 beta?
    06-25-12 07:02 AM
    I have the same issue. Have a cambridge soundworks bluetooth speaker, and volume controls from my 9860 work just fine. But on the playbook and the z10, it claims that feature is not supported. Old device? Works great. Cutting Edge new device? Sorry. Not supported.
    04-06-13 12:56 PM
    Had same problem intermittently with nokia headset. Last software upgrade fixed it for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 03:40 PM
    Will 10.1 fix?
    05-25-13 06:22 AM
    I have playbook 64gb with 2.01.358 installed. I have plantronics
    backbeat 903+. While using this headset I am not able to inrease or decrease volume from the playbook. Playbook tells me that volume controls not supported on my headset. But the same headset when connected to ipad 2, the volume can be decreased or increased from the ipad. What could be the reason?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    Headsets are a very personal thing. You like a particular one for some reason or another, cost, looks or fit but after many years of suffering compatibility problems I have settled with Jabbra. I have used them with Ericsson, motorola, Nokia, Samsung and bb devices and all without a problem. Currently I use either a Jabbra BT8040 (model has been updated now), Jabbra Street 2 and a Jabbra Halo. I don't have any issues with either and they connect into my pb and handset simultaneously so if I am listening to music on my pb and my phone rings, the pb pauses the music and switches to the phone. I either answer or cancelled the call which at the end of the call switches the Jabbra device back to the pb and resumes playing music. I have full volume, forward, backwards, skip selection functions. The sound quality of send and receive is superb and you can pair several devices to them and connect to two simultaneously. They are a bit pricey but they always work for me so I use them.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-13 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD